cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Emails for Contacts

Multiple Emails for Contacts

Many of the indivduals we are sending our email campaigns to have multiple email addresses (either a personal and work, or a work email and an assistant, sometimes multiple assistants, etc.).  Before, we were able to send the same message to up to three different email addresses under one contact, by labeling the emails as "work", "home" and "other".

Now that Constant Contact has updated and changed their contacts to only having 1 email address per contact, we are unable to properly reach our intended audience.  

This significantly reduces the functionality of Constant Contact for our business and we have already started looking at other options. 

65 Comments
Visitor

I strongly agree with this comment. I will be actively looking for a replacement system, since this doubles the effort I have to make to add contacts. Plus, what happens to the CC form I created that has two email addresses, do I need to change that, and what happens if a person fills two email addresses on that form?

need more columns to accurately fill out the contact names, and 5 isn't quite enough!
All Star

Agreed.  You product just become much less useful.

MailChimp has been mentioned as a competitor - we will be looking at them to see what they offer.

Very poor decision here - some work email servers may limit certain mail characteristics - so sending to a home address as well is necessary.

Occasional Visitor

Agreed! This is a big problem for us. We run a dog-related business and most of our clients (the dogs) have two parents' email addresses associated with their accounts.  The accounts are named for the dogs, not the humans, so I can't create two accounts for one dog just because he has a mom and a dad.  I sure hope this is going to be fixed soon.

Frequent Visitor

Absolutely agreeed. The data entry portion of inputting contacts is grueling.

Terrible decision made by CC.

+1 on the above comment. We're looking to move off of CC because of this feature removal. We only received notification on 9/19 that this was going to happen on 9/22. 3 days notice of removal of a MAJOR feature is totally unacceptable.

Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thank you so much for your feedback in regards to single email addresses per contacts. We removed this option to alleviate some pain points for customers that were causing things such as duplications within the account.

- These contacts have been known to cause issues with our system and we are looking to simplify.

- We are working to ensure there are no negative impacts on your bill.
- Contacts will be split so the secondary, 3rd, 4th etc. email addresses are on their own contacts
- We will not be deleting contacts.
- At this time, we do not have an exact date as we are still working on making this a seamless transition but we will send another update when we have more information.

Please contiue to share your thoughts on this and we will continue to keep you updated.

Visitor

@bnlucas:

Many of us use forms that allow contacts to enter multiple emails. We need a way for those forms to go into our contact management system without increasing our workload.

This feature that was recently removed is a loss of efficiency and organization. I work at a school where being able see multiple emails for a parent on one screen is quite helpful. It is not unusual in today's world for people to "own" several email addresses. Multiple addresses should be maintained under each contact with the flexibility of adding additional email addresses (up to 5 max, as before!) that correspond to specific email lists.
All Star
I understand constant contact eliminated the option to add a second email address for a contact. This is unfortunate, as this prevents one contact from being able to receive work-related emails vs emails they want to receive at their home email. I had to create a new contact (counts toward additional cost) for a person's work email to receive info about a conference they are attending (it is the email they want associated with the conference). I recommend constant contact restore the ability to add more than one email to a contact's record. This not only prevents confusion when looking through a contact's total engagement (one now has to look at both email records and manually try to compare them), it doesn't add unnecessary costs.