cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation at top and bottom!

0 Votes

Navigation at top and bottom!

Most UI's with 50 names in a list, include backward and forward navigation at both the top and the bottom of the screen. The list of Active Contacts (which I am still trying to delete from) has the navigation only at the bottom of the screen which requires a great deal of scrolling. This is becoming more annoying with each page.

28 Comments
All Star
It would be nice if we didn't have to scroll to the bottom each time we want to go to the next page of contacts. Also would be nice if we could see more at one time. I would also like to set my default to sort by last name not first.
All Star
Difficult to move between names and lists. Should be able to scroll between names at the top.
Occasional Visitor
In cleaning up our e-mail list it would be nice if each time I deleted or removed an e-mail that it didn't go back to the beginning of the list. It would also be nice to have the page advance and end of the record tabs at the top and the bottom of the page.
Occasional Visitor
Need to put the advance page < > at the top of the page around city/state like you do at the bottom of the list of e-mails. Need to put the action stuff (options, etc) at the bottom of the page like you do take the top. I have to scroll to the bottom to advance through the emails. Then scroll to the top to take an action. VERY INCONVENIENT AND TIME CONSUMING as I go back and forth constantly. Overall, I hate the new format for contacts. Feels cramped. All info crammed into one page. Sometimes I just want to see the lists and their numbers. E-mails to the left are distracting.
All Star
Previously, I made the suggestion that a way is provided to view all contacts at once and not have to move from screen to screen. Given that currently you do have to move from screen to screen, a have a couple of other suggestions. Please provide options at both top and bottom of contact screen for navigating to next (and previous) screens - currently, the option is only shown at the bottom. Similarly, please provide the button titled "Add to email lists" at the bottom in addition to where it currently is at the top. This would be much more convenient than the current system. Also, it would be helpful if there was a way to jump to a particular letter in the contact list. The search option is limiting for two reasons: (1) it won't let you search just with a letter, and (2) even if it did, or when you search by a last name, it just lists matches with that information, rather than putting you at that place in the list. It would be extremely helpful to have a way of jumping to a particular spot in the entire list, not just to a particular entry.
Occasional Participant
Is it possible to add the edit buttons at the top to the bottom? Can the page button also be added to the top? If I am in a list of 2000 names and on page 18 and edit a contact it takes me back to page 1. Can it stay on the page I'm working on as I edit? Thank you!
Occasional Visitor
It's very annoying that every time I update a contact it goes back to the very first page of my contacts. Plus the arrow over to the next page is at the VERY bottom. Please fix this issue. Thanks.
Visitor
It would be helpful to have a link to navigate multiple pages at the top of the contacts list, instead of at the bottom. This would be better than having to scroll to the bottom of the page to go to the next page of contacts.
All Star
When removing contacts, I have to use the arrows at the bottom of the page to go to the next group of 50 each time I add contacts from the active list to a new list. Need arrows at the top and bottom of the page or at least stay on the same page after adding contacts. Too time consuming to go back to where I stopped.
Occasional Contributor
It would be so much easier to navigate, or not have to navigate if there were buttons at the top and bottom of the pages. Some pages always take me back to the top of the page. Others leave me where I left-off. This is mostly concerning contacts. When making a new "tag" the program always takes me back to the first page and won't let me keep checking who I want in the tag going through the entire list. It unchecks the names if you click to the next page. OR it would be good to have a "go to page---" That is what I have for now.
Occasional Visitor
I HATE having to scroll all the way to the bottom of my page of contacts to move it to a different page! Directional arrows shouod be at the TOP as well as the bottom of each page. Thank you.
Frequent Visitor
when managing the bounces on an email, the scrolling bar is only at the end, it will be beneficial if it is also on the top.
Occasional Visitor
there need to be an paging arrow at the top not just the bottom.
Occasional Visitor
Please put previous and next page buttons at the TOP of the page as well as at the bottom.
Regular Visitor
The ability to move from one page of a contact list to the next should also be located at the top of page as you have it at the bottom of the page.
Occasional Visitor
There are forward and back buttons at the bottom of the alphabetized contact list, but nothing at the top. Having these buttons at the top also would be a great help! In addition, having the chance to click on a letter in the alphabet to quickly zoom in to that portion of the list would be even better!
Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback!

All Star
Would be nice to have the next page selection available at the top of the list as well as the bottom
Frequent Visitor
What am I missing. Every time I delete a contact or contacts it brings me back to the beginning and I have to scroll through all the contacts to get back to where I ended. You also have to go all the way to the bottom of the page to change the listing.
Occasional Visitor
It would be nice if you could put another scroll tool at the top of each page of contacts, like the one you have at the bottom. It would also be nice if a person could go back to where they were in the contact display pages after editing one contact instead of starting over from the beginning.

Yes! I have the same issue, especially when you have a couple thousand contacts.

to the next group of 50 names at the top of the page and not just the bottom. Also---can you fix it so you can get to the beginning or the end of the list without having to go through each page? Like if you could select first or last, or other page by number.
I just went through every contact and reorganized our lists. Having to go into each contact individually, make my changes, then go back the entire list took forever. It would be good to have a "next contact" button so that when you are in a contact's individual record, you could just go from that record to the record of the next contact, make and save your changes, and then go to the next. That would save a huge amount of time when you're organizing and updating a large number of contacts, like I was.
Currently, when you're working in a list, you have to go to pages by hitting the forward or backward arrow button, and there is no way to select the page you want to see. Right now, I'd like to look at contact 5,000 in a list of 10,000, and it will take quite a while to go back page by page, even if I have my page set to see 250 or 500 contacts per page. It would be good to have a "go to page #" or even "go to record #" field with the forward and backward page buttons.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Could be more efficient for user... Contacts actions bar and pull-downs at top should stay on screen so when you're working with bottom of list you don't have to keep scrolling back and forth.
Visitor
Can you add the navigation block you have at the bottom to the top as well? It would save time skipping to the next 500 contacts. Thanks!