cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need table in reporting back

Need table in reporting back

This graph does not tell me much. If I click on a data point, I get a rounded number like 1.41K. I need to know the details like we used to get in the table - subscribes, unsubscribes for each month, totals, cumulative totals. Is the table available somewhere on the site?

49 Comments
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please continue to vote if you agree!
Valued Contributor

We have been so spoiled wiith Constant Contact!  The previous Report area of the Contacts section had a very useful table that indicated the number of new contacts, the removed contacts, the "do not mail" contacts.  I can´t see this anymore.  The graph is nice, but not understandable.  For example, if I look at the yearly report and click on the dot for the month, I get , for example, 1.4 k!  Kilos, kilowatts?

I want to know how many contacts I have, how many have been removed, or unsbusbscribed, plus the balance.  The graph could be put in the back.

With so many requests, the easiest thing would be to give us back the previous system - and you will have very happy clients!

Thanks,

Hi Lucia,

Thanks for your feedback on this table layout. There are a couple of other places on the growth report that I think will show you the information you are looking for. First, make sure you note that you can control the amount of data showing by using the menu in the upper right of the screen. If you just wanted to look at one month, change the growth report to be 30-days instead of a year. Changing this menu changes the data shown at the top as well. In my example below, I've had one contact unsubscribe in the past 30 days and I've added 37. This screen also shows you where you are getting the most contacts from. 

growth report.jpg

All Star
Since you changed the 'look', I would like to see the graphs put back into the reports.
Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Just to clarify, which graphs exaclty would you like to see back in the reports? You should still be able to see the graph for your overall Email Statistics when clicking on the Reports link under the Email tab. Thanks for your post!

Advisor

Visitor
I liked the graph and am sorry I no longer have that view.
Advisor
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. Would you mind proving more information on what graph you are referring to? Is it the email statistics graph?
Valued Contributor

The new report shows a graph which indicates the number of new subscribers.  But I do not understand the graph numbers like 1.66 k, 1.67 k.  Can you please explain?

The previous system was much better because it gave a table that included this important information PER MONTH:

1. The new subscribers.

2. Removed contacts.

3. ´Do not mail´ contacts.

4. Growth.

5. Balance or total contacts.

Can you please integrate this table into your new system?

Thanks,

Regular Visitor

I’m trying to work out the optimum hour to send my email out and I have no graph or report that indicates the number of people that open the email at a certain hour. I appreciate that I could export the data and with a lot of work in Excel build this graph, but it seems to be a basic tool that one would need. Of course I’m new to Constant Contact so forgive me if indeed this report does exist but I can’t find it.

Visitor
I may be missing something, but I used to be able to look at my contacts and resort them by date entered so I was able to see who was a new sign up, and if they did it themselves. Now the contact report shows people have signed themselves up in the last 30 days but I don't see an option to actually see those new contacts, or to re-order my contacts in any way other than by email address, or last or first name.
Occasional Contributor
I can't see who has been added. :frown: I loved the old chart that showed month by month the number of contacts added and removed, etc. WHERE can I find it?
Occasional Contributor
The old Contacts Reports gave a quick summary of changes to the contact list - adds, opt outs, removals and neatly organized by month. The new version is useless and inaccurate - what is with the GIANT NUMBERS and meaningless graph - please put the old report back. Example: How many folks opted out in Sept? No idea. What was the net change for July? No idea. Please fix this.
One feature we used a great deal (in fact, it is one of the reasons we came to you) was the ONE PATE report that told us what reports (over the last 90 days) a person opened - and how many times they opened the reports. This was VERY IMPORTANT to us - and it is missing in the new system.
Visitor
Well, concept is good. And I do want to know who is not opening. However, it trends. How would I be able to combine a few months? Don't like my choices for downloading. What happened to all the other fields? Somewhat similar question - I have kept track for the past several years of who is reading. How can I combine a few months of who is reading? Again, not everyone reads it every month but I want to see who drops off.
Really disappointed that the new features have made it so difficult to gather metrics about our account. For example. 1. an accurate number of new subscribers 2. an easy way to determine which subscribers need to be unsubscribed (I used to use the tables that showed individual subscribers activity to decide to remove subscribers. It only took a quick glance to make that decision because of the way it was laid out. 3. An easy way to determine number and if subscribers/unsubscribes are done by us or the subscriber. 4. On the bounced contacts page, once I pull up one contact, how do I get back to the mail list of all of the bounced contacts without going through Emails/Reports/Bounced Contacts (for a specific email)?? Really, really disappointed in these changes. Bonnie Wahiba
Frequent Visitor
I really really don't like that I cannot get a table showing a month by month breakout of contact growth (new contacts, removed contacts, etc.). I wish you would bring back the old table to save me from having to keep up a separate spreadsheet every month to track those numbers. Tracking was supposed to be your job!
All Star
I received more from seeing the monthly reports and totals in the former report form than what appears now. I don't understand what the significant information is in the presentation, except it is more graphic than before--
Occasional Visitor
On the old system, you used to be able to click a particular contact and it would show you a table of all e-mails that were sent to them and how many times they opened each one if applicable. From the same screen, you could click on "Bounces" and it would show you if any e-mails bounced for that particular contact in the last 90 days. PLEASE consider bringing this comprehensive report back. When contacts are having deliverability issues, it was so easy to just go to that report and be able to quickly scan and see how many messages they had opened recently. The new system - the "Engagement" tab that lists every open, send, etc. individually is cumbersome and hard to work with. You can't quickly tell at a glance how many e-mails a contact has opened out of how many you've sent. Even if you brought this report back as an export feature, I'd be happy with that. You used to be able to save a copy or print a copy, too, and that seems to be gone as well.

I tried clicking on the 8 new contacts added by me to remind myself of who i recently added and nothing happened. I tried clicking on the 1 added by the websignup and nothing happened. How can i see the breakdown of the names of the new contacts?

Frequent Visitor
I used to easily tell whether a contact had not opened emails for the last six months. I can no longer easily to determine this. This is just one of many problems that makes it harder for me as your customer to get data that is informative. I am now for the first time in four years looking to see what competitors of constant contact offer. Also, as a programmer by vocation this is a product that displays inappropriate or useless or redundant data. I know you won't go back to the older version which is so superior from a customer point of view. This product may be slick but it hard to find or extract pertinent information. You programming team deserves a Healthcare.gov award for a user interface that helps no one. Task that would take a minute for me to complete now take three to ten times as long. Spend more of your time to your core job like sending out all the contacts on my list including hotmail/msn/outlook.
Regular Visitor
I like to know how many I've aded, subtracted, how many did it themselves - this new information (by "last 30 days, etc) is useless!! Please ask us if we want to update/change. I don't!!

Hi Robert,

Currently those links are not clickable but this is great feedback for the future! Thanks for posting. 

I liked being able to see list growth by year for as long as I've used constant contact. Would love to see it by list.
I want the chart back! I don't like to have to scroll down to see if the email has been opened and how many times they opened it or forwarded to someone else. With the chart I could see with a quick glance.
Occasional Visitor
why did you remove it?
Valued Contributor

I had the great opportunity to talk to several CC representatives about this subject.  The new contact engagement area is cumbersome, difficult to relate the emails sent with the ones opened by the contact.

The previous great system had a simple table with columns that had the name of the campaigns and then in other columns we could see the contact´s activity.  All in a concise, clean and simple view.

Now it is like a long spaghetti.

When would you give us back the good features of the previous system?

Please add a permanent "data field template" so everybody in my company will manually enter the same data for each new client. Your old system had this...but you missed it on the new rollout. This is a MUST HAVE feature !!! We DO NOT populate CC via web forms ONLY..and the majority of our data input is manual. And we DO NOT want to create a data field Excel spreadsheet (per CC suggestion) and then import it. That is too much work! Thanks!
All Star
I need contact Reporting data broken down by each month, i.e. new subscribers, unsubscribed, etc. the new Reporting method For contacts does not give me that ability. why did you change to this reporting method?
Regular Visitor
The old format allowing manual entry of multiple contacts on one screen was SO MUCH EASIER and less time consuming. I miss it.
Occasional Advisor

I agree with CristinE aobut the contact report. The old report gave me the information I need broken down by month. It will take me a lot of time to get that information now. Please bring back the old report!

The member growth details are no longer available and was useful information. The fields used to be new contacts, removed, do not mail list, growth, and total contacts by month. The graph is harder to read when more than 20 members and a date range. What would be helpful is to provide the old fields mentioned and the customer have the ability to select the date range. The results can display on the screen and have an option to export the data.
CTCT Employee
The new Contact Reports page is quite a change, we want to make sure you have all the data that you need so please let us know if there is anything else you would like to see here. It can be something from the previous page or something new entirely. Thanks for the feedback!
Solution Provider
in using the old site there was a matrix showing your activity when you uploaded contacts through quick import. this feature was very valuable to track contacts, especially since i have been using this site for over 5 years. I got to track my progress with building my list. now you have to manually count your contacts. What will remedy this situation
CTCT Employee
Hi Frank, thank you for your feedback. I will be moving your post together with the customer requests to add back the table we had before where you can enter the data fields for several contacts in one page. Please keep voting for this and other features you want to see. Thanks!
Advisor
The old Contact Details page used to have a nice little table that showed recent emails, whether or not they bounced, and the bounce reason. That is now gone. Now to get this information, I'm going to have to sift through this new "Engagements" section, and if I want to see bounce reasons I'm told I have to go generate an email report and then search through that report to find the email address of the contact I was looking at. It is going to take me much longer to find the information I need. I would love to have the old table back, or something like it - it literally used to take just a glance to get the information that I now have to dig through reports to find.
CTCT Employee

Advisor

Occasional Contributor
I much prefer the monthly totals for the past 6 months....much better view of contact growth. Please re-instate the previous monthly report. Thank you
CTCT Employee

Paul, thanks for the feedback regarding those contact growth reports. You are able to set different time-frames in the upper right corner of the Contacts > Reports page. You should see a pull down menu that is defaulting to "The Last 30 days" and you can select different options from there. Here is more information about this page: Track Contact List Growth

I hope this helps!

All Star
it would be great to see email contact growth from last year not just year to date

So I used to be able to see ata glance how many people were added, unsubscribed, and other basic stuff each month in a numerical format. Now you have gone and given us these graphs. While they do look pretty the information we used to be able to see is gone.

Change is good, change for the sake of change when it affects your user base in a  negative way is not good.

The shine has worn off Constant Contact. 

Ohh..wiat I get it. I use the product less now becuase it so frustrating to use but I pay the same amount as before the changes. I see how this works now, make it crappy so your customers get frustrated with the user experience and in trun use the resources less allowing for greater profit.

Regular Visitor
I just have to say that I miss the option of being able to tell whether a person un subscribed themselves or if it was done by the me. I try to maintain my bounces on a regular basis, and one of the options offered previously on the prior platform was the ability to be able to track who, what, why and where the bounce occurred and having a file of all unsubscribed or not active with the dates and times. With the new version if I delete a subscriber there is absolutely no way of tracking if they were EVER IN or were unsubscribed or was deleted.
CTCT Employee

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for providing us with this great feedback. If others agree with this I would encourage you to vote for this idea.

If you have additional feedback or any questions, please feel free to reach back out to us. You can even reach us by phone at 800-240-2302.

Have a great day!

CTCT Employee

Occasional Participant
There used to be graphs where you could see your open rate, click rate, etc... graphed out over time. What happened to that?
Advisor

Status changed to: Closed - No Action