cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Need to be able to see engagement level

Need to be able to see engagement level

Hello, I am incredibly impressed with the level of service I have received form Constant Contact and tell folks all the time it is the best company I have ever worked with. However, that being said there is something I need or else I will be looking elsewhere for service(I HATE SAYING THAT). You need to include a column in the reports section that we can export. We need to be able to see the engagement level of our customers so we can order them from greatest to lease and vice versa. From a sales perspective this is a must. I can remove hundreds from my list that have never opened an e-mail or I can call the folks in person that have opened everything I have sent. Without this ability I am missing HUGE opportunities to know who is hot and who is cold. Please do this ASAP, I have been asking for 6 months and have seen nothing yet. I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE CONSTANT CONTACT! Please!!
148 Comments
Occasional Visitor

Before it was a way to go to a contact and see what emails were sent and how many were opened and how many were not opened. I don't see it anymore. Please help.

All Star
I still hate your changes to Contact Management. The old interface was much more useful. I am looking at the entry for one of my contacts, and I notice he "clicked" in a recent email communication, and I want to see which link he clicked on. HOW THE HELL CAN I DO THIS? There appears to be no way to view this information!!!!!! BRING BACK THE OLD INTERFACE. Robert Brain
Occasional Visitor
Please bring back the old contact structure!
Contributor
The new engagement area is far too large and awkward to view. The former grid display was excellent for viewing at a glance without scrolling up and down and trying to match up an email with the contacts actions.
Occasional Visitor
In the reports showing bounces and opt-outs for specific emails, it would be helpful to have another column showing the date the bounce or opt-out occurred.
All Star
I used to be able to see the emails that a member received, if they opened them from their account, now I have to go to each email. VERY FRUSTRATING!
Visitor
It is ridiculously hard to add contacts since you made the changes.
Occasional Advisor
The old system provided a great deal of detailed regarding emails opened, links clicked. This provided a good indicator of what works and what doesn't. The engagement window is only about 2 points above being a total waste of space.
All Star
Before the update one could see in the contacts history what links the contact has clicked. With th new Version i see 5 times "Clicked (Name of the Newsletter), date an time. This is useless. regards from Switzerland Ruedi Mueller
Some of my messages are delivered to a specific contact in my e-mail database, which others are not delivered. These messages are identified in the "engagement" section of the individual recipient's contact information page.
Occasional Advisor
Another among the many bad new ideas: not showing the specific links a user clicks. We publish a newsletter with 15-18 stories (links) per issue. We used to be able to see all the links and individual recipient clicked. No longer. My overall comment is that you have taken away vast amounts of functionality with this so-called upgrade. My recommendation is to dump everything you've done and go back to what you had before. You've done us a huge disservice with a slew of terrible ideas.
All Star
This makes no sense
I can't believe cc removed the ability to view specific links clicked by
newsletter recipients from the customer profile page. Previously, I could
see which products were being viewed by a particular client. Now all I can
see is that they performed an open or click. This kills my ability to target
those clients. Support told me I could go through the hundreds of individual
clicks and search for each individual client. Really? That changes a function
That took seconds into hours. Enjoyed cc for that feature but unfortunately have
To find another company.
Occasional Visitor
There should be a way that I can see who clicked on links, and a list of every link they clicked on. For example: John A. clicked on Link A, Link B and Link C Mary B. clicked on Link A and Link D etc. It would be fine if "link clicked" was just included as a column on the "export" report.
Occasional Contributor
I'd like to see what specific link they clicked on for each email. That will tell me what they are looking at.
Occasional Contributor
Why did you get rid of the list for each contact of their Emails and History and substitute this long list of all of their activity. I cannot easily scan to see how many bounces and for what reason for a contact nor determine when and for what emails and links they clicked. This is causing me so much manual work that it is just not worth it. I used to quickly do analyses on my bounced list after every email, but this is such a slog that I'm not going to bother. What I will do is look for another email vendor that is more user-friendly!
Frequent Visitor
Tried to click on one section to find out where my sign ups were coming from. Nothing happened when I clicked
Actually, I don't like the set-up of this Feedback box either; it erased what I had just written... grrr... But I digress: I miss being able to go into a Contact's profile to see what they had clicked on in the past, historically. A view of their tastes so to speak. Not sure why this was changed. I found the old way more practical & helpful.
Important to be able to sort all fields in reports
All Star
Hate the product now
Occasional Visitor
annoying, need to keep scrolling down. have to 'click' each persons' email-address to add to a list. very very bad design!! very time consuming. and- very upsetting that you make this change just before the Holiday Season!!! can't believe that you don't keep in consideration that we are busy working my business….
The contact email history can only be found under individual emails sent and not also on the contact page. The history under a specific sent email only includes from that date forward to the date you are viewing it, so must go to other emails to see more history. All history should be accessible on the Contact page, as well as, the emails.
Occasional Visitor
I am very disappointed that i can no longer access a 90 day email history for a specific contact. This was a very helpful tool and the "engagement" only shows the last 10 transactions... Not user friendly at all
Occasional Contributor
When I select CLICKS I would like to be able to see the individual clicks for 1 particular CONTACT without having to go thru each and every URL to see if this CONTACT had clicked on this URL. Is this possible? I also seem to have a discrepancy between the number of times a CONTACT OPENED the email and the total number of CLICKS the CONTACT made (i.e. by going thru each of the CLICKS and looking for that particular CONTACT.
Occasional Advisor
This area contains no useful information. The old system displayed a wealth of information on links clicked, openings etc. Will somebody at CC wake up and fix this?
Visitor
when checking on one of my email contacts, it no longer shows whether they are opening the email, if the email bounced or went through. The contact management is useless now. Please change it back to the way it was.
Frequent Visitor
I USED TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE CONTACTS WHO CLICKED ON THE DIFFERENT LINKS BY NAME - NOW THEY ARE LISTED BY E-MAIL ADDRESS AND INTERMINGLED WITH THE DIFFERENT LINKS THEY CLICKED ON. WHY MAKE THESE RIDICULOUS CHANGES THAT MAKE NO SENSE!!!!! IT SEEMS THAT FOR EVERY STEP FORWARD, CONSTANT CONTACT TAKES 2 BACK111111111111
Frequent Visitor
the reports page says I have several click throughs, but when I try to see who they were, it tells me there aren't any. Which is it? NOT liking this new format - not user friendly and very difficult to manage.
Visitor
This is the second time I've given feedback about this recent update. I can't view any of the clicks from my recent newsletter. It shows that I have 17 clicks on links in the newsletter, but when I try to view WHO clicked on them, it won't show me. Bring me back to the old site where everything was straight forward and I was able to choose what I wanted to view and export.
Visitor
If you could add a feature to show the contacts that have opened and clicked on your emails in a graph/ list format so there is a accumulated amount that would be great. Example: Joe Someone opened 15 of the last emails and clicked on 10 of them. That would help know who to contact and what people might like to click on.
Visitor
On prior emails I was able to see who clicked on the various links to my emails. Now I can't see that. Is this feature no longer available? I found it VERY helpful.
Regular Visitor
pls consider adding "number of opens" to the page to view who is engaged with my content.
I like no who sent it what it about what day
All Star
I like the new way to add people to lists. But some information appears to have been lost, such as city and state. I use this information, but cannot find it. Also the Engagement box should be made more efficient. If a customer opened my newsletter 15 times, you could put the count in parentheses, and allow me to drill down if I want to see each event separately. Thanks for working on CC to improve the interface. I hope these comments will be helpful
Visitor
Every other entry times out when I try to connect them to a list. This is an absurdly difficult, slow and user unfriendly way of adding contacts.
Frequent Visitor
I create reports in Excel that show the various numbers. For the clicks, it would be helpful if I could give the links a nick name, like "Registration" or "Agenda", so the people I am giving the reports to can get a quick glance at who clicked on what, rather than looking at a lengthy URL.
Occasional Contributor
The email histories worked and now this is crap. It clearly is more difficult to compare the quality of a contact through email open history and click history having to read each entry separately. This was done to look cool, but functions awful. Go back to the table layout that worked for that function.

I would agree totally with this feature.  I am contemplating cleaning up my mailing list and would really love to do that.  However, there are not enough hours in the day to wade through 2000+ contacts and click on every one of them individually to see their open history.  It needs to be easy to pull up a report that shows engagement for AT LEAST the last 90 days. In addition, I need to be able to easily select people from that report to delete.  I definitely don't want to just have a report and then have to go hunt them all down in another list to delete.

I still can't believe you removed the ability to see what specific links are being clicked and their frequency within the contact record. It's absurd to expect us to go to every link and see who clicked what .And then, you still don't know how many different times they clicked it. Who is making these decisions?!?!?
Why did you take away the ability to see which links each contact is clicking and when. The old version was much better. It's useless to me from an analytical standpoint. I'm not going to spend hours on the link pages trying to add up all the clicks for a single client. This is another disappointment.
Regular Visitor
erase record of certain engagements happening for a certain contact. This is important to my organization because we update contact activity between Constant Contact and Donor Perfect on nightly basis which backlogs all activity within 90 days. However, for some accounts in Donor Perfect we don't want this contact activity logged. However, Donor Perfects system will either update all or none of the records and does not allow us to select which records we would like updated. So, if there was no record of a certain engagement happening within Constant Contact, then the nightly updates would not affect our Donor Perfect records.
I am unable to copy a name or email address from MyReports/Clicked window without multiple pop-ups redirecting me, and taking me a way from the Clicked reports... Very frustrating and disheartening. Following up on our Clicks is the primary reason for having our newsletter. Please help.
Solution Provider
It would be helpful if you add in all your features of the old contact list to the new system, such as email history and bounce history. Also who added the name (admin or subscriber) and the date when subscribed. Thanks DahliaWebDesignsLLC
Occasional Contributor
Its easy to see when looking at a single campaign report how many people opened it and when - and who clicked on what. Real value would be a cumulative report that id's "regular" readers or clickers. IE - after sending out several campaigns - it would be really useful to apply a filter to the results and pull out these repeat readers and clickers. that would be a real mussel flex
Frequent Visitor
It's great to see engagement history in each contact. But it's not very useful there, since I can't delete a contact from that view. And I can't see that history when I am on the list view where I can delete contacts. So, I need a way (preferably via a list view) of checking engagement history for a group of contacts and then being able to delete those that haven't engaged over a time period or the last X emails received, etc.
Visitor

Hi,

I write my emails on WORD and include links.  When I try to copy and paste, the LINKS are LOST.  How do I preserve them?  This is critical to our usage.

How can we do this??  Please help??

Should we past to HTML??

D Bruce Brown.

Regular Visitor
Hate Hate Hate the new click through reports. Used to get a better history of what they clicked on and when. THe new report does not provide the level of detail of the previous report that I need to pass on to sales. Previous report showed the full scope of their interest all in one view that went back 90 days.
Occasional Advisor
I cannot see what a contact has clicked on inside an email. I am looking at the the contact's profile page. On the right side list of engagements, shows that they have clicked on an email. There is no way to see what they clicked. This information is useless if I don't know what they are interested in.
Doesn't flow for me. Used to be able to see a reason as to why a message was not received at the customer's email address when viewing their profile....I don't see that now.
Occasional Visitor
The list of contacts that are bouncing is not consistent on the reason why the contact was bouncing. This makes it impossible for me to know if I need to remove the contact or not. Then to try to access the history of the contact to see how long the bouncing has been going on in a pain in the butt - I have to open a new window and do copy and paste between the two windows to look up the history. On top of it, when I finally reach the history, it doesn't give me the reason there either. Please change it back to the old system where everything was consistent, reliable and on the same screen where I didn't have to hop, skip and jump all over the place and still have unreliable information to work with...