cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to be able to see engagement level

Need to be able to see engagement level

Hello, I am incredibly impressed with the level of service I have received form Constant Contact and tell folks all the time it is the best company I have ever worked with. However, that being said there is something I need or else I will be looking elsewhere for service(I HATE SAYING THAT). You need to include a column in the reports section that we can export. We need to be able to see the engagement level of our customers so we can order them from greatest to lease and vice versa. From a sales perspective this is a must. I can remove hundreds from my list that have never opened an e-mail or I can call the folks in person that have opened everything I have sent. Without this ability I am missing HUGE opportunities to know who is hot and who is cold. Please do this ASAP, I have been asking for 6 months and have seen nothing yet. I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE CONSTANT CONTACT! Please!!
148 Comments

This new system takes longer for me to accomplish the most simplest of tasks.  The old system was much more intuitive, faster, and all around more enjoyable to work with.  I don't understand the advantage of this change or upgrade(?), unless it was meant to make your team's jobs easier.....

Occasional Contributor
I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SEARCH FOR THE SPECIFIC EMAIL THE CONTACT UNSUBSCRIBED AFTER OPENING TO FIND OUT IF THERE WAS A REASON. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE ALL THE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO RIGHT ON THE CONTACT PROFILE PAGE. FAILING, THAT IT SHOULD BE IN THE EXPORT FILE, BUT IT'S NOT.
Advisor

+1

But it's not just that I would like *more* information, but I would like the information to be displayed differently.  Right now the "engagements" section is a list you have to scroll through, piecing together opens and bounces as they happen.  The old contacts page used to have two tables, one for email history, and one for bounce history, where it was really easy to see the history at a glance.

Occasional Contributor
I genuinely hate the new features and layout of the new and 'improved' contact section. I need to be able to see which emails bounced, adn why for specific contacts. I need to be able to open the delivered history and see when contacts open emails, and how often. I need to be able to screen shot this info, and I can't do that with the stupid, scrolling view in the small little side pane. There isn't even an option to view bounces when looking at one contact. I have lost half of the functionality of the website that I started using it for. Very, very disappointed. Kassie
Occasional Contributor

I agree. Trying ot see when and what was opened is almost impossible now. My company started using CC in large part for this funciton, and now it is extremely difficult and annoying to do. We have lost MAJOR functionality with the website with these new changes.

Advisor

"As of right now typing into the search field with search for First Name, Last Name, Company Name and email address in a "begins with" format. For an advanced search what is important to you to search for, what would be helpful to for a feature in an advanced search?"

You need a "contains" search option, as an alternative to "begins with".

Occasional Contributor
It would be helpful to know which links a person clicked in the engagement report for that individual.
Your format changes are causing me a problem. Under the contact name it's no longer showing HOW MANY TIMES a person opened my email. That was very important to me.
Occasional Visitor
I have been trying to manage my UNOPENED contacts but am having a difficult time doing so from the Contact Management page. On the left column, there is not a listing for these UNOPENED contacts. I have to keep going back to EMAIL, then click on OPEN RATE, then get to the Link for UNOPENED. Do you have any idea how much time this will take for over 1000 contacts? I find that this IS a CONTACT issue and I would like to see a link to UNOPENED on the left side with Active and Unsubscribed links, not just on the REPORTS page. Please make it easier for me to view, manage, tag, and delete my UNOPENED contacts. Thank you!
Occasional Contributor
It would be nice if when viewing an individual contact, you could see more details in the "Clicked X E-mail" box. I would like to be able to see which links were clicked on without having to go back to the E-mail Reports page and looking for that person's e-mail address.

seems like a step backward to have a list reading "opened" "opened" "opened" "sent" rather than the nice neat grid by campaign with NUMBERS - much more concise and useful.  quite dislike this as it used to be much easier to see how many times a contact opened (or didn't open) all recent campaigns

All Star
I notice that when we "Export Contacts" to a CSV file, we are still getting the Contact's email address in the "Phone Number" field, and every other exported field across the record is still stuffed. Will this ever be fixed? Or will you continue to apologise and offer excuses? (Or am I doing something wrong?) Has this bug been allocated low priority because we are sick of providing "feedback"? Or is it just too hard? Your programmers should be able to program up a tool to address this issue. Robert Brain
Occasional Contributor
I wish you would go back to your former way of reporting when it was possible to see all links clicked by an individual contact.
Occasional Contributor
I like the # of engagements that come up in a report for a contact, but it would be better if we could have the # show or be selectable in the tables showing the contacts (i.e. add an additional column in the My Reports. If that is not acceptable, then allow me to keep my place in the long list of Unique Opens so that I don't have to re-scroll back to the block of 250 to 300 etc each time I want to check the # of engagements of the next contact.

We would like to have a report for a group of contacts/mailing list that shows each contact and the emails they've received.  Bonus points for showing what was opened, who bounced, etc!

Visitor
Why did you mess up a good thing? The system you now employee has me considering leaving. It's beyond bad. Every time you want to click on a link to see who the people are that clicked on it, it takes a much longer time per click to register, there is no way to go back. I have to click three steeps to see the click results again. Each painfully longer as I wait for your tracking crap to catch up with what I'm doing. However your tracking does not track my frustration level. You really ruined what I loved most about your site. Now tracking my clicks is painful it used to be awesome. Why did you change It?
Visitor
I want to see a list of all the links in my email and which contact clicked on what link, but I have to export each file to get this? this is making it very difficult for me to analyse the email and the success and also follow up leads, it is now a very long and arduous process when it could and should be very easy.
Regular Visitor
I miss the old setting where I can click on the contact and see if the email was delivered or not delivered because the email address was non-existent, undeliverable, etc. It has been a bit of a pain to go to each email that was sent out versus seeing the reason right then and there on the my contact's page.
It was impossible to get the data. The only info was in text form, that they had opened such-and-such email. Not helpful to have text info like that.
Visitor
It would be very helpful if the Autoresponse email showed up in "Engagements" on the individual contact so we know they received it. I have it as a follow up to the Welcome email, which is listed in the Engagement que, but, the Autoresponder email does not show up as an engagement. Thanks!
Occasional Contributor
I would like to be able to pull up a person under "Contacts" and see a listing of all events he/she registered for.
Occasional Contributor

Yes, please return to the old way of reporting a contact's activity.  I would like again to be able to quickly determine which links a contact clicked as well as the the total number of clicks made by the contact on each link.  That was very useful info for us. 

All Star
Things like number of emails opened, number of clicks within an email, which links they click, etc. Some of which I can do very limitedly within an email report, but it would be way better if I could do it within contacts.
All Star
It would be very helpful to see and average open rate per individual contacts in order to judge the value and engagement of an individual contact. Thanks Joe
All Star
In the Contacts section of Constant Contact, the engagement information for each contact is displayed. This panel displays the history of sends, and opens for any individual contact. The ability for a user to extract a report of this history for active contacts would be a very useful contact management tool. Currently the only way to get this information is to extract a report for each email sent.
Established Member
in the engagement tab have live links to the emails so you can directly link to them. also, give the option to resend emails to someone who you get an updated email address for.
Regular Visitor

The Visual Groundwork is laid.

Within the individual contact, the List of engagements should be live.

Each engagement should be a link to a Read-Only Copy of the Event.

Within the event should be the main details, along with Attendees, Registrants, Cancelled, Etc.

Then you could move from the contact, to the event, see all attendees, tag them, or add them to a list, all in a user-friendly way.

It's all about user friendly. That's what separates you from the apes.

I'd love to help in any way.

**Removed By Moderator**

Status changed to: Voting Open

If we could see reports of how often each customer interacted with our emails than we could target those that are most responsive with additional offers and even tailor it to their needs if we could see what they clicked on.
Accounts can have more than one email. The engagement on the right hand side should say which email it went to and which email opened things. Also, there should be a time stamp for when emails were added to email lists.
Occasional Visitor

Hello, Just want to give a suggestion and hopefully it helps. In the past I've used and there's a feature that you can organize opens by how many times a prospect opened the email. I notice you have all opens but I have to scroll through them all to try and find out who keeps going in to look at it. This feature on was an incredible time saver for me to differentiate important leads and people showing interest by one tap of the button. It was also on their app. If something like this could be added it would be an excellent function that would be a major time saver for many of your clients like myself. Thanks for listening!

Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Voting Open

Regular Visitor
It would help tremendously to be able view a master list of my active contacts that also showed the list(s) they were currently on as well as the date of the last email they opened.
Occasional Visitor
I have been looking for ways to analyze the data that is collected from the various emails that we have sent out. Specifically, I am looking to see, in a large excel list, a complete list of all of my contacts with information on how many times they have opened emails and how many times that have clicked through emails. After speaking to Debbie, one of your amazing customer service representatives, I know that this is not a feature that you currently provide. I am wondering if it would be possible to eventually consolidate the data being collected each time an email is sent into a larger pool of data that can be analyzed and searched. Thank you for all of your help.
All Star

If the back end has a healthy relational database as I understand it must, the necessary SQL could probably be dashed out before a cup of coffee got too cold.  But I imagine the difficulty would be programming those results into the rest of the product in a way that users could have at them.  I have no idea about that kind of programming and how dicey it can get when little tweaks wreak havoc across the entire system.  For example, users have overwhelmingly requested a Campaigns search feature for years, but apparently it's too difficult or dangerous to implement.  But I think your idea would be a satisfying project to improve the reporting.  If I were asked by my boss to do it, I might even be heard to utter the words, "Hey, this could be fun."

Such an enhancement would also keep me from having to do 20 hours of my own work with a custom database to get those numbers.

Michael

Administrator
Status changed to: New

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show us useful info.  Like the last email opened. It's not that hard - CC has a database, they're running a query, and that info can be returned.  So do it.

I've been trying to figure out how to view/export a report that shows me each contact name and all the emails they've received within a specific time frame, and whether they've opened or clicked.  I want a full list of all contacts, not viewing them one at a time. 

Is this possible?  I'm not seeing this option anywhere.  Help!

Established Member

I can't emphasize enough how useful it would be to be able to sort my contacts by their engagement rate across multiple campaigns. Knowing that certain contacts never open my messages would tell me that I need to contact them some other way (or find a new email for them in case it's an unmonitored address). And knowing at a glance who is most engaged would allow me to follow up with them more closely. The only way I currently see to do this is to go through contacts one by one and see whether they've been opening my emails, and since I've got over 10,000 contacts this really isn't a great use of time.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor

I agree with one suggestion above.

I advise my clients to measure all that they do and to learn from the metrics we employ.

But Constand Contact does not provide me: 1) Who has never opened my emails  2) who opens all my emails.

To learn both of these data points would enable me to drop those who never open and provide me valuable information as to whom I should reach out and engage with ASAP.

Is there a current process that enables me to do either of these two things?

Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

I'd like to see a way to run a report that shows all the engagement for an individual contact - which emails he or she were sent and which were opened, including all dates.

All Star
Hello there, I've been using this platform for a few months. I'm always looking to improve my campaigns and rates, therefore I have encountered that the platform can improve the reporting sectiong by making it more personal or giving us more information in terms of trends and how our audience behave. I see a huge potential in: Providing trends in terms of time in which the readers open or click in our emails. A time graph (days of the week, hours) showing which days or hours are more popular in terms quantity of clicks or opens would be wonderful. I hope you take this feedback into account and keep improving the service. Which btw is great.

Why is the reporting on a sent mail either By URL (link, clicks, %) or switch to By Contact (email address, time clicked, link)? It's strange to have to switch between views. I'd like to see all the data points at once, plus what they viewed it on (at least desktop or mobile, but preferably by user agent like Outlook vs Yahoo mail, browser vs app.) Thanks.

For the Reporting Tab, it would be great see reporting on more than just per-campaign metrics. Showing a table of people who clicked or opened the most for emails you select, a list you select, etc. for specific time frame can really take this reporting capability to the next level. Somewhat match up against lead scoring capabilities.
All Star

It would be helpful to be able to print an engagement report for a contact. Many times a client will claim they have not been receiving our emails and have had to provide screen shots which is ridiculous.  Go back to the old way of printing the report.

Occasional Contributor
I wish you could print out the engagement of a particular person.