Show and sort most and least engaged contacts

Hello, I am incredibly impressed with the level of service I have received form Constant Contact and tell folks all the time it is the best company I have ever worked with. However, that being said there is something I need or else I will be looking elsewhere for service(I HATE SAYING THAT). You need to include a column in the reports section that we can export. We need to be able to see the engagement level of our customers so we can order them from greatest to lease and vice versa. From a sales perspective this is a must. I can remove hundreds from my list that have never opened an e-mail or I can call the folks in person that have opened everything I have sent. Without this ability I am missing HUGE opportunities to know who is hot and who is cold. Please do this ASAP, I have been asking for 6 months and have seen nothing yet. I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE CONSTANT CONTACT! Please!!

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience as we looked into this! Because many of the requests made on this thread are currently available through contact engagement, so we are going to close this idea. Please feel free to continue voting and commenting on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

164 Comments
GarryI
Brand Visionary

Would like to be able to see at a click how often a contact clicks on links in emails (and which links) or how often they open the emails. Currently, the list under engagement is a jumble of not very useful information, and it's not hot linked to that deeper information.

ensembletravelnewsletters
Marketing Legend
The Engagement tab doesn’t actually show engagement. I can’t see what links were clicked, what were the links, how often did the contact interact with the e-mail. Insert a summary that includes numbers or graphs showing engagement. (The old “Email History” gave a bigger overall view.) The search feature is no longer robust. Bring back the Advance Search feature. I can’t search for what’s in my custom fields. I can’t search for information jotted in the Notes section. Bring back those search abilities. The best new feature is being able to create a list of contacts who didn’t open my e-mail.
ensembletravelnewsletters
Marketing Legend

Here’s how I would like to use the Engagement tab.

Scenario #1: I have 3 newsletters. Bob subscribes to all 3. I would like the Engagement tab to show me quickly which of the newsletters (or lists) does Bob open and click-through.

You could show me this as percentage. Bob opens ABC newsletter 10% of the time during X months/weeks. Or you could show me engagement via a line graph and then I’ll be able to track and see Bob’s open/click-through trend/history.

Scenario #2: I have 2 newsletters: One is for dog lovers and the other for cat lovers. Bob subscribed to both. But I want to be able to view quickly Bob’s open history. From his open history I can determine that Bob is more of a dog lover and then remove him for the cat lover list because he’s not that engaged with that newsletter anyway.

Here’s why I need a more robust search function.

Scenario #1: I create custom fields because my subscribers are also members of my company. All members get member numbered IDs. Sometimes I need to do a quick search of all the members with that ID.

Scenario #2: I jot down information about a subscriber and place that info into the Notes section. Sometimes I need to do a quick search of all the people who I gave a particular note to. For example, I jot down that I changed a member’s subscription. Then I search for keyword “subscription” to see all the other members whose subscription I've changed. (This type of situation doesn’t need the sophistication of the new tagging system, just the ability to search for the note later on.)

Yogini_Robin
Rookie
When looking at email reports, the info listed for documents in the CC library are shown with the URL that gets assigned them. It would be more useful for reviewing if the document name was listed instead.
Aldercoop
Brand Visionary
I like a lot of the news changes, but wish in the click through report we could still click on the links in the left column to see what pages clicked through to open. We used to be able to do that, but today I found that I now need to copy the link and paste it in a new tab in order to see the page that users clicked through to view. Maybe those links could be hot linked again, so we don't have to go to this extra step? Thanks
GraceE24
Marketing Legend
The links this feature do not work as links. We must copy paste the url just to see which link is what.
martinb83
Rookie

What is happening with the reports system. Some new features are very logical other features just seem wrong.

Why do I want lots of graphics in my on screen reports.

1) A list of envelopes showing the "engagements" of a reader is of no use if I can not click on what those engagements were. My reader has had 171 engagements and I have no idea which one of the 6 links in the last email they read from looking at their record. I have to go into the individual links one by one to see what happened.

2) A nice alphabetical list or readers of an email is fine but do I need to have the number of readers as a large graphic and a separation of each letter. I would guess most users of reports on screen want the maximum amount of data not a graphics?

PardaM
Campaign Collaborator
Bring this ability back. Before I speak to a contact again, i found it is very useful to glance at how many times an email was opened. I can gauge interest and prepare my thoughts
DaveR7
Constant Contact Partner

Experiencing multiple issues.  I am sorry to be so negative, but you have removed so many features that those of us who are long time customers are really feeling the pain. I spent 2-3 hours on the phone with two of your CS people and resolved very little. (Your CS people are great! Here is kudo's to Sara in Colorado!) I applaud efforts to make contact management better, however if it was not broken why get rid of it? Here are specifics:  You have removed many features that we use constantly. You have removed those contacts that were kept in a remove file with out warning me. We can no longer look up a contact and see a tally of opens, clicks, or bounces. You are making us scroll through the engagements and count each entry to see how many opens. When using resend you no longer allow us to see which contacts will be sent to. You no longer allow us to manage bounces by placing them in a remove file for later editing, exporting, or storing in a list. The new import system with the ability to have multiple records for single email addresses will be helpful, BUT you should have given a heads up on the changes for importing contacts so we could make adjustments before the upgrade. Now it is too late and I will have to remove all contacts from CC and rebuild all of our contacts as they do not conform to the new merge or match import method. I have been informed that the tracking for a contact will no longer be strictly by the email address. The explanation was a bit fuzzy but it appears that is is now possible to resend tan email to an email address if there are multiple name associated with a single address.   I train people in using Constant Contact and most of the training I do is in contact management - working with customer data bases, contact import, and list management. Database management development within the CC environment is a good thing, as It's an area many people have problems with. If, as the CS people stated, it is true that you developed this upgrade based on feedback from customers than I have to say that your customers do not understand database management and are a poor data resource for upgrade development. That may be a bit harsh, but the few benefits of the upgrade do not come close to making up for the ease iof operation and individual contact activity data that has been lost. And, I have to bring it up again, how do we retrieve those contacts that were held temporarily in remove folders that have now disappeared but seem to still be included in our overall counts? Those were actual customers and I need them back. My best to the staff who are tasked with fixing the glitches and having to deal with us irate customers. Sincerely, Dave.

JimL43095
Rookie

why can't I see what was clicked on in the contact view - doesnt help me to know they just clicked - i need details

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More