cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Next/Previous buttons when editing single contact

Next/Previous buttons when editing single contact

I would like to be able to edit the individual information without having to constantly go back to the beginning. Very cumbersome program.

116 Comments
When going into each individual contact to manage them need a go back button to go back to that list to continue managing contacts.
Regular Visitor
If you look at or amend a contacts details there doesn't seem to be a way of moving easily onto the next contact on the list.
Occasional Contributor

I actually like the direction that you've made with the recent updates. There are glitches, however, that need to be addressed to improve usability. I think that once those issues are fixed, it will be a better system. In addition to the other changes I've requested, I'd like to see... 1) Easier ways to scroll through contacts and to find a specific place in the list. (Say go to contact 850 and it shows 850 on... or go to a particular page.) 2) Deleting a contact on page 20 should not take you all the way back to page one, especially if we have to scroll through 20 pages to get back to where we were. 3) Improved reporting of contacts. I don't want to just see how many new contacts we have and where they come from, but who the most engaged contacts are, who is not engaging, who signed on from each possible source

Occasional Visitor
Need to be able to "edit and add new contact" without going back to the "contact" menu.
All Star
When adding a new contact the save features allows for you to save and add a new contact. But when updating an existing contact that feature dissappears, with no go back to manage contacts as previously we had. how do i continue to add contacts after i update
Occasional Contributor
Need a back button from contact details to the bounced contact list I am working on. Also, need to be able to remove/delete contact on their detail page, not go back to bounced list to delete.
All Star
Would like to have a next contact arrow so when modifying a contact I don't have to go back to the list and click on the next contact to modifiy.
Frequent Visitor
As the executive director of a membership organization the contact list is of critical importance. I have many times to tag and segregate the contacts. I want a feature at the bottom of the each page of the contact list to display the individual page #s. Thus allowing me to quickly move through the contact pages without using the non-specific arrows. QUESTION: If I'm tagging contacts on page 1, can I move on to additional pages progressing through the entire contact list BEFORE hitting APPLY? Doing the procedure by each individual page of contacts is more time consuming because I have find where I left off and begin the process again. Please simplify this.
After changing a contact's first name, I go back to contacts and end up at the top of the whole list again, when I was methodically going through and was on the fourth page at a very particular place I wanted to return to so I could keep editing more contacts.
All Star
please add 1, 2, 3, to the navigation to stop me from having to click 3 times to get to the 3rd page after an update is done. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
I like the new tools. It would be helpful to add "previous" and "next" arrows on the profile pages for each contact, so that you can quickly move through a list of contacts in profile view without having to return to the main list.
Frequent Visitor
I have a list of contacts I need to go through and organize into specific groups and there is no easy way to do this besides going one by one and constantly scrolling. It would help if once you clicked on someone there would be a next button so you can add a tag and move on to the next contact while seeing all their info rather than click little box or contact, tag, go back to the contacts and go click on the next person.
Regular Visitor
and see the next contact's page without having to return to list.
Occasional Visitor
next record button so we can move faster through list edits
Visitor
I'm managing my bounces and would really like to have them listed in alphabetical order by name or by email. Also, after I click on an email address to change it, it takes me to a screen just for that contact. I wish that after making the change, there would be a "return to manage bounces" button. as it is, I just click "back" on my browser, which takes me to the first page of my bounces list. then i have to click forward to the page where I was.

When updating the contacts you have to go back to view all the contacts, it would be nice if you could just click next to see the next contact record. When you have the list of bounced names and want to update their information this feature would be a lot easier because you have to go back and then it brings you to the people who receive the email and then you have to click on bounced records to get to the name again that you want to update. It's very timely doing it that way.

You need a next button so if you are updating your contacts you can select the next and it will take you to the next contact without having to go back.
Occasional Advisor
with previous and next. Need to be able to work with contacts easier than using only browser back button, working in contacts is very slow and cumbersome task!
Occasional Contributor
When in a separate email list, when you click on that persons contact info, you get to the full details of that one contact with is great. But would would be better is if there was a 'next' and 'previous' button to see the next contact info within that list so that one doesn't need to always go back to the beginning of each list.
Occasional Contributor
Would like to see a way to jump to the letter in the alphabet that you are looking for. Such as clicking an icon for the letter F and you are at the top of the Fs

This is a great idea, thanks for posting! Please continue to share your feedback for ideas you would like to see implemented in the future!

You really need a back button to get back to the list of clients who opened an email vs starting from the beginning.

Thanks for your feedback on this! You are able to use the back button on your browser while in the Contacts area.

Visitor
When editing contact info, it would be nice to be able to click through them one by one. A 'next contact' button or something would be nice to have. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
when a contact has been completed why is there not a button to go directly to adding the next contact
Occasional Contributor
In Contacts, View All Lists: Instead of just arrows at the bottom of the screen, to go to the next page or the last page, show all the pages with clickable page numbers, so I can go to any page I want. Also, show these clickable page numbers at both the top and bottom of the screen, so I don't have to continually page down when trying to navigate to pages.
Can you put a button at the top of the page of contacts to scroll through to the next 50 etc. I have to scroll to the bottom and then through the groups of 50 names.
All Star
After you have a selected a list and then you click on one of your contacts, it would be helpful if you could go to next contact without hitting the back button to display the list and then have to select the next contact. Would be great to "flip" through each contact in the list.
All Star
I find it frustrating that once I am on the "activity" tab looking at exported reports, that I cannot find this page again once I click out of it. For example, if I export a contact list, then click back to "contacts" tab, the only way I can find where I exported that list is to export it again. Is there anyway to toggle back and forth without having to re-export? Thank you.

Thanks for posting your feedback. The Activity link will show at the top of any Contacts page so you won't have to re-import! If you are on another page and need to get back to the export link just click Contacts > Activity!

Thanks

It would be a great feature to be able to scroll from one contact to the next within a particular email list instead of having to go back then click on your next contact.
Also, it would be nice if we could review contacts one at a time, like a "next contact" button at the bottom of the page. This is a VERY GOOD service, just hoping it can be better. Often we users ask for features you already have, and it would be great if that's the case with these two suggestions.
Occasional Participant
On the contact page, I am in one list, but I need to see what other lists those contacts are on, but the only way to do that is to click back and forth from the list page to each individual contact's info. Can we have a drop down hide/view option of the contact's details under their name?

A previous version of Constant Contact seemed to have this feature but it is gone from the current one.

Hi Carole, 

Thanks for posting. You could also check off the contact and click the "Add to Email Lists" button in the header. This would show you which lists the contact was on in the overlay and then you could close out and check a new contact.

This is good idea for the future, thanks again!

Status changed to: New idea

Visitor

Hi, I would find two things to be incredibly helpful if you incorporated them. It would save hundreds of unnecessary clicks! 1) When viewing a contact, make the lists they're a part of clickable so they go back to the summary of contacts in that list. Instead of having to click the list name in the side bar - or more clicks, if the list name is not one that shows. 2) Along the side bar, you should be able to move the email lists to keep in your view which ones you are working with versus keeping them in alphabetical order. I'm going to have 5 list of S names on top of all the other lists. It's wasting time for me to click "View All Lists" then scroll down and click the list name and find the contact I need. 3) When uploading information for contacts like addresses and such, you should either default it for Home, not other. Also, If that's not possible, you should add more lines to choose from and set them up like Email Address -- there's an option to pick for home, work, other, etc. Some of the things you have set up can be changed to be more efficient. If you have specific questions, please contact me via email at **Removed By Moderator**

Thanks for the detailed feedback, this is helpful! We are always looking to make changes and updates based on what would help you so please keep sharing any ideas you have!

Thanks again.

When in a contacts profile, instead of hitting the back button and having to scroll down to find the next contact in the list, it would be nice to have a 'next contact' button. That way you can just move on to the next person without wasting all that time. I currently have to go through all 1500 of our contacts and it is a pain to keep going back and scrolling, back and scrolling.

...at least it doesn't seem so on my mac os x 10.9.5 using Chrome. if there is a way it's not easy to find it. if there isn't a way to move between contacts it would be helpful to have such a link in order to make updating details easier. Thanks.

Status changed to: More information needed

HI Stanley, 

Thanks for posting! Can you tell me more about what you mean "move between"? Are you looking to flip between pages of contacts in a list or go back to the page you left off on?

All Star
Would love to be able to move from one contact file to the next one on the list without having to use the back arrow to return to the page and then have to scroll the list to locate it.
Occasional Contributor
Once I am in a clients info page (within a specific folder) I would like to be able to click next to go to the next client. as opposed to clicking contacts then searching for each one all over again.
WSD
Visitor
Please consider adding the Next Page button/arrows to the TOP of the Contact List in addition to the bottom of the list. I currently have over 800 contacts and have the View # set at the max of 500 per page. In order to get to the next set of contacts I seem to have to scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the first page of contacts to get to someone that I know is at the end of my list, since their last name starts with W,X,Y, or Z. Time wasted, although not lots in the big scheme of things, however, still time wasted. Would hate to think if I had over 5,000 contacts. Maybe even add a Jump To Page # box for those with LOTS of contacts (if you don't already have that feature). Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this idea!

Regular Visitor
Editing contacts with Constant Contact is arduous and takes too much time, can't you add a NEXT button so I can quickly go through contacts in any given group and quickly execute revisions?
Occasional Advisor
This way if you know the contact you want to see and you KNOW it's on the 2nd or 3rd page, etc. we'd be able to just go the 'next' page without having to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page...!