cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Next/Previous buttons when editing single contact

Next/Previous buttons when editing single contact

I would like to be able to edit the individual information without having to constantly go back to the beginning. Very cumbersome program.

116 Comments
Status changed to: New idea

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Occasional Visitor
It would be great to hit Next to see the next contact, rather than returning to the previous window and selecting the next contact.
Occasional Contributor
Once I open a contact, I'd like to be able to scroll to the next one instead of hitting the back button - which brings me back to my List page instead of the specific list I was in. It would be great if I could hit 'next' to get to the next contact in that list.
I would like to see: 1) ability to sort by custom fields (ex - any customer who has anything in a consignor code field) 2) front page of contacts should be customizable (ex - ability to see any 4 favorite fields) 3) ability to maneuver from one customer record to the next w/o having to navigate back to contact home screen (maybe a search bar on every page) thanks!
Occasional Visitor
I would like to see: A way to click on the first letter of the last name to get to the right page instead of having to scroll through everything. How about a navigation bar at both the top and the bottom, instead of just the bottom? After making a correction, it goes back to A, then I have to scroll again. I would rather have it return to where I was.
Status changed to: New idea

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Visitor
I would like to be able to have the custom fields appear in all previous and new contacts without having to add them with this drop down menu, so i would go to manage my contacts and not only create the field name but also the field itself, to much of a hassle inserting the same fields into each contact. It would also be lnice to have a "next" link or button inside the customer profile so you can go from one customer to the next without having to go back to the list
Accessing one name is easy, but when you must go through the entire list (e.g. selecting for a new sub-list), then it takes too much time to flip through. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Contact Details- Suggest adding a "BACK" for easier navigation.
Frequent Visitor
pages load much too slowly. I can't go to a specific page of contacts, it appears that I have to move one page at a time and it takes forever for a page to load. I can't edit a contact and return to the same location on the contact page. I have to scroll to the bottom of the page every time I want to advance to the next page. This system wastes my time!
Occasional Visitor
It would be helpful if the same "page forward" button at the bottom of the list of contacts was also at the top of the list so we don't have to scroll back down to the bottom every time. Thanks!
Regular Visitor
It would be nice to be able to directly search another contact rather than to go back to the contacts list, search another contact from there, make one small change, go back to contact list, search another contact, etc. Seems there would be a more fluid way of proceeding. Just a thought.
Occasional Advisor
What about adding a space to 'jump' to a contact number? if you have 2500 contacts, allow the user to enter 997 to be able to go to the 'middle' of the pack?
Visitor
Meaning once you complete one contact information in to the dbase the software should prompt you to the next screen to add another contact right away so you can keep on typing and going with stop. The way it is now you have to stop go in to contacts and wait for the screen to open up to add the new contact information in to the dbase. This way you can have a constant flow and get it done a lot faster, etc. Michelle Pisciotta
Visitor

Meaning once you complete one contact information in to the dbase the software should prompt you to the next screen to add another contact right away so you can keep on typing and going without stop. Correction

Occasional Visitor
I have over 400 contacts and each time I want to move to the next page, I have to scroll down to get to the arrows. Would it be possible for you to add those arrows at the top so I don't have to scroll down? It would be so much easier and faster if I would be able to click at the top. Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
I wish there was a way to flip through the customers and label them without having to exit to the main list and click on each customers name. Why isn't there some efficient way of flipping through by last name??? If there is please let me know as Im wasting half my time with this problem
I need a better way to begin at a certain point in our contacts rather than paging through from the beginning each time.
Occasional Contributor
Simple Request - I have a special list that I need to get into the details of the clients and add information. I would like to go through the list of contacts one by one to change information. I would like a "NEXT BUTTON" on the top right corner so I don't have to go BACK to contacts and find my list and then find my spot in the order I was in to make my next modification. Huge time saver for a simple button to say next client in my list to edit.
Regular Visitor
I am trying to do some data-entry corrections on specific email lists; i can't seem to find a way to easy go to the next contact record in the email list that has been created, so I am jumping back to "contacts" and then re-choosing the correct email list and then going to the next person...there has to be an easier way....please help.
All Star
It would be helpful, until the search function is completed to be able to select a page range when viewing campaigns after a sort.
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

To more easily update and edit contacts. When you click on an individual contact to edit the information, you should be able to click "NEXT" or "PREVIOUS" to more easily scroll through contacts one by one.
Regular Visitor
Please put navigation arrows at top AND bottom of each list. And if you're able to have the individual pages listed too (like the 1,2,3. . .10 at the bottom of a Google search), that would be very helpful, instead of having to work my way through each page in order. (Yes, I have a long list. It's supposed to be long.)
Status changed to: Voting Open

Regular Visitor
If I click on a contact, why can't I just from that page click, next and see the next contact? Why do I have to go back to the list, and manually click on the next contact. It takes so much time!
All Star
I cannot find any way to scroll through successive contacts in my list while in the detail view (i.e., with the contact name, email address, groups joined, sent & clicked detail, etc.) Is there a way to move through the contacts list without having to view one contact, then go back to the complete list to select to view the next one? (Most databases offer a set of buttons for moving one record backward or forward... but I don't see it in CC!)
Status changed to: New

Status changed to: New

Occasional Visitor
It would be nice to be able to select a list, view a contact, edit the contact, then go to the next contact without having to go back to the list and scroll through. I think I've made this request for the past 3 years...

It's really annoying to be searching for something (which in and of its self is annoying, hence have a search button) and always having to scroll to the buttom to change pages. 

Occasional Visitor
I wish I could go from one completed contact to the next without needing to start at the beginning. Does anyone know how?
It is too difficult to search for previous emails which in the previous format was much easier. I often reference/copy an email from a year ago and now I have to go through many pages upon pages to find it... In the past, it was simple to search by page number. Please bring that back.
All Star
It would be nice on the contacts page if you there were page numbers rather than just a next arrow. If I'm deleting old contacts (say under the letter L), it goes back to the A's and you have to page forward one at a time. It would be nice if you could click on either a letter (M) or page number (12) instead to get to the specific page.
All Star
Could we have all page numbers at the top and bottom of the page so we can skip ahead or back to pages, and don't have to scroll and wait?

All Star

Bounce count is subtracted from Send count before Opens is divided by Sends.  So you had either 3 or 4 bounces.  Correct?

Michael

All Star

Can you add to the top of the contact list the navigation bar that is now only at the bottom, that is, the 'show XX rows per page' bar. And add the ability to go directly to the page you need without having to click through one by one - Page 1, 2, 3...7 next. It's very tedious to have to constantly click page by page to get back to where I want to be. Thank you.

Occasional Visitor
It could be easier to edit one or more records on one screen of records and move to the next or previous screen. The toggle for moving one page at a time can also be at the top of the screen rather than clicking page down for every movement. I have many contacts to touch-up tonight and I wanted to "cure" them before an early morning mailer. THANKS for your support.

Occasional Visitor
An added feature that would help me out greatly would be the ability to have previous and next tabs to click while looking through contacts.
need a "next" button when viewing contacts in a list; currently have to open the contact, then hit the back button, then find the next contact on the list.... tedious and time consuming!

I login and I have no way of navigating and it's annoying. I need a menu so I can manage my list or create a campaign. 

Regular Visitor
I do a lot of editing within individual records, and I find it extremely cumbersome and clunky. To edit multiple names, I have to search, click on the name, make edits (and save). There's no feature to 'return' to search or do another search, etc. So, I hit the 'back' button and wait. then click next name in search box. So clunky and slow.
It would be great to have a Next/Prev Contact option when editing a single contact so that I don't have to navigate back to the list.
All Star
It would be very helpful to have an easy way to move between contacts. I often need to go through our contacts and make updates. If I could just click on the first name in the list, make the changes, then click "next" to move on to the next name in the list, it would save me so much time. Right now I have to hit the "back" button on my browser and refreshes the contact list, and I have to scroll back down and figure out where I was in the list...it's extremely time-consuming. Is there any way you guys could make this happen? Thanks!
Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea