David Midgett

Optin form for website

How do I create an optin form to place on my website and have it connect to Constant Contact?

Developer
ChevyTalk_Tony

Optin form for website

Open your control panel then go to Contacts > Site Visitor Signup >Add a Signup Box to Your Website. Done deal.

AngelaM85

Re: Optin form for website

Has this changed? I cannot find a place to just create a simple opt-in form. All I see are these more complicated sign-up forms, which I don't want -- I just want the HTML for simple form with name, email, and submit button that will direct people to a thank-you page. Am I crazy? Where the heck is this located in my dashboard?

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Hi,

You can create a Join My Mailing List box which links to your Join My Mailing List form. To do so, follow the steps in this FAQ.

You could also use our Sign Up Form Generator for more control on how your Sign Up Form works.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

[ Edited ]

To access the form, Click the Contacts tab:

JMML Box 1.JPG

On the Contact's page, Click Grow My List

JMMl 2.JPG

On the Grow My List page, click Customize My Form to edit your Join My Mailing List form and add information such as First Name, Last Name, etc. Click the Create a Link button to select a Join My Mailing List box which you must use for contact's to access the form:

JMMl 3.JPG

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Visitor
DeannaD1

Hi Guys,

I'm not trying to be rude, but you know very well that you haven't answered this users question directly. Because the answer is that there isn't an easy way to put a form on your website that submits directly to Constant Contact.

The actual answer is: You have to use the developer API and PHP (or C#/ASP or ColdFusion) to write a custom script that will update your contact or add one to a list. When the user submits the form you would execute this script... Then when successful, forward the user to your thank you page.

In the end, it's simpler to just use the link and then forms generated by Constant Contact. Unless you are good with a web scripting language like PHP, or are willing to pay a developer a few hundred dollars to make it for you.

As an Internet marketer, who unfortunately is dealing with this very issue, I can say that this is not ideal for your customers Constant Contact. And it needs to change. You are behind your competitors in this area. It's absolutely terrible to get people to go through 3 steps to signup for a newsletter or mailing list (Step 1, click the link on website; Step 2, enter email and click continue; Step 3, Enter the rest of the required information). It should be just enter information and submit right from the web page. Just as the original poster asked.

Again, I'm NOT trying to be rude or sound angry. These are the facts though. I hope Constant Contact will make strides to improve here, because the rest of your platform is nice and very useful for businesses!

Occasional Participant
BryanH00

This is a HUGE issue. Why is this so difficult? CC needs to get with the program and make this an easy process. If this was an easy process I would be much happier and i know we aren't the only ones saying that this is an awful way to do things.

Why do we need ouath2??? This is not an APP! Get with it Constant Contact! Yes, I am mad about this because it seems stupid to have such a difficult process!

FIX IT NOW!!!

Shannon_W
Topics: 11
Kudos: 43
Solutions: 38

Hi all,

I am sorry that we don't currently provide a simple way to have a contact added to your account in one step through the main login within Constant Contact, but we understand that this is a major desire of our customers, and I will pass your feedback on to our development team.

In the meantime, we actually do have a signup form generator that you can implement on your website that does exactly what you are asking for--you simply determine which lists someone has the option to join, and you provide the url at the end that you want people to be directed to after they add themselves on your website.  All they need to see is the page with the area to sign up on your website, and the Thank You page of your choosing.  They skip the "registration form" altogether.  You can download the zip file that takes you through that setup process for your website here.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Shannon W.

Technical Support

Occasional Participant
Kaotoxinr

That form generator is already two years old and still... nothing better to offer?

Hannah_M
Topics: 201

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We have partnered with Formstack to offer embedable forms for you to put on your website if that is what you are looking for. From your Constant Contact account you can create up to three forms for free and have the contacts saved in your account.

The form generator is still another option for you. I am happy to pass along your feedback directly, can you tell me a little bit more about what you are looking for?

Thanks,

Hannah McClure
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution