Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Receive Notifications Each Time Someone Signs Up

I would love to be able to set up an alert when someone joins one of my contact lists!

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi all. While we do not have any updates to share regarding sign-up notifications, we've made sure to correct the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release. If we hear any discussions to include other timing options, we'll share them here.

As previously mentioned, there is an automated Subscriber Activity Report that can be set to send daily to your inbox.

44 Comments
MichelleH240
Rookie

Hi can we have a notification email as each new contact or enquiry send in there details.

this is to respond to a customer quicker to an enquiry on a special offer.

Russell

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @MichelleH240  does our subscriber activity report email help fit these needs?

Frankie_P

Reply from @MichelleH240 

No, I’m looking for an email per new sign up ?

Frankie_P

Hi @MichelleH240 thanks for clarifying this request for us! At this time users do not have the ability to receive immediate email notification of each new subscriber and update. This is however a feature we are continuing to collect requests on. In the meantime we have merged your post into a larger thread on this idea.

Frankie_P

Reply from @MichelleH240 

Great, it may be easier to produce a new enquiry form that goes directly to email rather than amend the existing system.

SeanK260
Marketing Legend

We would really love to see this simple feature: an email notification when someone completes a form or sign up that contains the user and landing page info.

As it is now, I don't recommend to my clients use Constant Contact for any kind of forms or list sign ups because they will have to manually check each individual landing page to discover new sign ups. In some cases my clients have many landing pages meaning multiple checking each of these manually and reporting new sign ups. It's really a PITA.

If they don't do this religiously they will miss sign ups and potentially miss the opportunity to reach the client as many of these forms are "We will call you ASAP" kind of forms which require quick responses. My clients want to know immediately that someone sent a request so they can reach out to that person personally or send a welcome email.

We've resorted to using other tools to create our contact forms and email sign up lists and then manually uploading those contacts into Constant Contact. This is a time consuming and error-prone way to do it. Without the option of actually knowing when people submit forms and signup for contact lists we are stuck using two systems and Constant Contact's form system has no little to no value.

After four years of people asking for this feature it reflects poorly that Constant Contact hasn't added this email notification feature or at least explained why they won't.

PatriciaH8969
Campaign Collaborator

Like many others striving to run a successful business online nowadays, sign up forms need to be more than a single purpose tool to "join my list".  I need unique and multiple sign up forms for multiple purposes, and to immediately know who signed up for what.  It is a necessity.  I suggest tags or a similar 'back end' feature, anything to make the sign up forms multipurpose.

ppatti
Rookie
In Premium accounts (I have one) we need a feature that when someone signs up for a certain list an email or text message is sent to us. Besides the automated response, sometimes with special lists time is critical to make a personal contact (phone call or personal email) with the person signing up.
Frankie_P

Hi @ppatti

Thanks for sharing this feedback! We have merged your post into a larger thread focused on this idea. The more requests a thread like this receives the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team.

KristiS110
Rookie

There are over two dozen requests for this feature in this thread - going back to 2017. I don't understand why Constant Contact hasn't added a feature to automatically send a notification "someone just signed up"

Ironically, when you add a comment to this thread about the missing feature, there is an option to "email me when someone replies."

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More