cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove List Function

Remove List Function

Can't figure out how to remove a list of contacts from another list. Chat support can't explain it either, and call support is taking too long. It used to be so easy. Very disappointed in Constant Contact.

59 Comments
Occasional Organizer
It used to be very simple to remove a group of emails from one particular list (not delete permanently, but just remove from one mailing list) . Since your upgrades to the system it is now a very confusing process. I had to contact support via chat to get instructions. I now know how to do it, but it's a much more confusing process now.
Status changed to: New

Occasional Contributor
PLEASE return the functionality of being able to remove contacts from a list by uploading the "to remove" contacts from a spreadsheet. The new method is arcane and difficult to understand. I consider myself to be a very experienced operator and I had a very difficult time with this. It required support assistance and I'm still not 100% sure what we did.
Visitor
Don't prevent re-adds of removed contacts. I'm removing a blocked contact but if his company decides to allow email from CC, I'd like to re-add him.
Frequent Visitor
I wanted to subtract contacts on list A from list B. I found FAQ article 000002550 on this subject. I have the "Improved Contacts Page". Step 4 says to click "Add to Email Lists". Step 5 says to "un-check" the list to be removed from. It's rather confusing and somewhat unnerving to be told to Add when I want to Subtract. Likewise, it's strange to uncheck the selection rather than check it. I hope you can change this to make it more logical.
Occasional Visitor
The new method to remove a batch of contacts from a list is extremely convoluted and not at all user-friendly or something I would have figured out without assistance from your representative.
CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback. There is a workaround that you can use to perform the same function. You can add the contacts you are removing to a tag, and then use that tag to delete the contacts.
  1. Click Add Contacts, and choose Add Names and Emails.
  2. Paste in the email addresses to be removed, and click continue.
  3. On the right, in the tags section, type in a tag name and hit enter, and then click Import.
  4. Back on the main contacts page, select the tag on the lower left.
  5. Check off the select-all check box at the top, and then click on More Actions and choose Delete.