cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove List Function

Remove List Function

Can't figure out how to remove a list of contacts from another list. Chat support can't explain it either, and call support is taking too long. It used to be so easy. Very disappointed in Constant Contact.

59 Comments
CTCT Employee

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback about the new Contacts page Jeremy.  If you would like to remove a file of contacts, Click Here for step by step instructions under Improved Contacts Page.  If you want to delete those contacts from your Active contacts Click Here for instructions and look at Delete From Account. I sent you an email with my contact information, I would be happy to give you a call and introduce you to all the new features.  If you have immediate questions please chat or call out support team at 800-240-2302.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Occasional Contributor
I was trying to make sure that my contacts on one list, were not on my other larger list. I wanted to subtract them from the second list -- not add them. I had to call for help, because I couldn't figure out how to do that. It turns out that you have to click on "add to email list" which is counter intuitive. I'd suggest you change the name in the tool bar to "merging/segregating lists".
Just wanted to say that the new way to go about removing a list of people from a current list is NOT at all easy to do or intuitive. Very terrible, actually.
You used to be able to do so my clicking "Remove" and then pasting a list of email addresses to remove from the list. I use this often. I do not see that this feature is available any longer. If it it still available, where is it? If not, please bring it back! It is the easiest way to remove those who have already signed up for a program, for example, so they don't receive another email about it - without having to manually search for 75 names and remove them from that specific list, or to export a large list and then re-import a large list.
Occasional Contributor
It's not apparent on how to remove a contact from the contacts page...that I should click on the email address. I had to call in to be told this...is this really necessary???
Frequent Visitor
Really miss the ability to just grab a bunch of contacts and dump them into a field to remove them. Now I have to go to My Settings and check a little box to even have the option to mass remove (why have it defaulted this way). Then I have to save an upload a file. Why complicate something that was previously so simple?
Occasional Advisor
I've been using CC for a looooooooooooong time. One of the things I frequently do is remove one list of contacts from another. The old way of doing it was clean and made me feel confident that it was happening correctly. I had to go through tech support to find out how to do it now, and the solution is VERY convoluted and totally non-intuitive. And I have little confidence that i was doing the steps correctly because it's so non-obvious. Please bring back the old way of removing a bulk list from another!
Occasional Advisor

HI,

Thank you for your post. We do have this feature, however by default it is turned off to protect our customers from not mistakenly unsubscribing a bunch of their contacts. You can turn it on by going into my settings, but once it is on it stays on, you will need to go back in to turn it off.

Ken

Occasional Advisor
Status changed to: New