Removing contacts from list on Beta

0 Votes

Multiple times I have tried to remove all names from one of my mailing lists, but 2-3 names stay in the list no matter how many times I try to remove them. Your Beta system will say they have been removed, but they are still there, even if I log out and back into the program.

6 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @REINM. Are you following the steps outlined in this article for deleting a list? If you are, I'd recommend reviewing step 4 which explains what happens when you select one of these options. If you want to delete the contacts entirely from your account, you would follow the steps outlined here

REINM
Campaign Expert

I was not trying to DELETE the list or the contacts. Rather what I was trying to do was REMOVE all the names/emails from one list, though they might remain on another list.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

@REINM Thank you for clarifying. Were you following these steps for removing contacts from a list? Also are the same group of contacts remaining on the list or are they different contacts each time?

REINM
Campaign Expert

Yes, I followed the steps you provided. And while most of the contacts were removed, there are always 2-3 that stay in the list and do not remove. It is like the system won't let me completely clear/empty the list. I've tried this on several lists now with the same results. It has been different contacts for different lists.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @REINM. At this point, I would recommend contacting our Support team so they can do some more troubleshooting to figure out what is happening. They can do a screenshare with you to watch it happen in realtime. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to provide any information here but it's important that we find out why this occurs when you delete contacts.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. Because it appears this was a defect, and not something all users experienced, we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More