cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resending A Newsletter isn't sending to everyone

0 Votes

Resending A Newsletter isn't sending to everyone

In the past, when I resent a newsletter out to new contacts, it would report how many people it was going to. It was good feedback because I knew that I had just entered X new contacts and it was sending the newsletter out to X contacts. It no longer does this and this is a real problem! I don't know if I make a mistake in entering them, or just got busy and didn't finish entering them. It now just says the resend is going out to my contact list. All of them? Some of them? How many? I'm in the dark with this new "feature" and this change has not enhanced your system or my business, it has hurt it.

39 Comments
Solution Provider
With the allowance of duplicates we MUST be able to see which contacts will be receiving a resent email to contacts added to a list. This VITAL function was available in the old system but not available now.
Status changed to: New
Thanks for your feedback on this Dave. Only the number of new people in the list will show, not the actually people but there is a workaround. You can always enter the email address to resend to on the resend screen if you want to know who it's going to. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts on this.
Solution Provider

Sorry to be grumpy Hannah, but here is the deal. If I knew the email address to resend to I would not need to ask the question! In the old system you were given a list of the resends. In the new system you are only given a number, and in some cases only the lists. I need to know the resends to avoid the possibility of mailing to someone who has been added to a list but should not receive.

Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry for the confusion here. It should still let you know how many new people it will be sent to once you're on the scheduling page of the resending process. It should look like the below. Is this not showing for you? If not, would you mind reporting back with what the message says when you are on this page? Thanks.

Email_Resend.png

I have new emails list that I just loaded that havent recieved latest campaign. I dont want to resend to previous recipents. I cant find that new list after it was added it says I have more than I did so now they are all blended I guess
N/A
CTCT Employee

All Star

When resending an email to the "new contacts" who have been added to a list, I want to see exactly which contacts are the new ones who will be receiving the email.

In the old CC system, when stepping through the "resend email" process, if we chose the option to send to "New contacts since last email was sent", it told us how many contacts this is, AND we could see a list of the contacts.

The new CC system does not have an option to show us the list of contacts. If it is there, I cannot see it. Please show me where it is.

If it is missing, can we have this reinstated please???? (It is very dangerous to upgrade a system and remove functionality in the process. This does not please the user community).

kind regards

Robert Brain (aka Brainy)

Visitor
When sending out a Newsletter to a new client add on, it no longer shows us how many new clients have been added as we get ready to sent an email, after we click send now. It used to, why was that feature taken away? We are now doing this blind. So if I had inadvertently typed in the wrong address it would always show the number of contacts I was sending out and could correct, now it shows nothing! Not liking this removal
All Star
please bring back the ability to see "new contacts since email was sent" before sending email.
Occasional Contributor
I went to resend an email. I pasted 25 email address (the limit). One of those was an opted out contact, I deleted the contact from the paste, but it would not let me send to the other 24 emails.
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. We are looking into this further to try and locate a possible cause. In the mean time, please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

CTCT Employee

Regular Visitor
Used to be that when I added new subscribers and re-sent a recent newsletter to "new subscribers only," the screen that confirmed the re-send gave me the number of addresses it had been sent to for that specific re-send. I found that useful. Perhaps I am just not seeing it. In any case, I would like to have access to that number each time.
Regular Visitor

I will check this again the situation arises. I have no new addresses at the moment. Thank you for your response.

Hi Paul,

You can see the number of people the email is resending to if you would like. It will show after you have selected to resend to the new contacts who have been added to the list. 

2-7-2014 3-42-27 PM.jpg

when getting confirmation for a resend, can it display the number & names of the recent recipients
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Thank you for your feedback Helen!  Continue to vote for great ideas and provide us feedback so we can provide you with the updates more important to you!

Visitor
How do I resend my newsletter once I have corrected email addresses?
CTCT Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jane!

I have provided the steps below for resending your email:

Resend an email

This action will work if you have added new people in to the contact list you originally sent the email to and it will also work if you corrected any email addresses who may have been misspelled from the first send (they could have been bounced email addresses).

Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback!

CTCT Employee

Would it be possible to have the option: Send to corrected/modified addresses (after bounce) when you resend an email?
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Hi John,

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion.

The functionality that you are requesting, is currently setup and active inside of the account. To clarify for you, when an email is reported as having bounced, you can go into the bounce report and correct the email address directly from there. When the email address is corrected, the system effectively stores it like a brand new email for that contact. The system would update the "added" timestamp for the contact to your current time. In turn, when you go and do a "resend to new contacts", the timestamp for the newly corrected bounce would then be later than when the send went out, and you will be able to resend to those newly corrected people.

Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

Need resend feature on bounced emails, so that once the incorrect email is corrected, the sender can automatically send the original email.
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Hi Ramona,

Thank you so much for taking my call to clarify what you are looking for here. This is great feedback. Currently, there is a resend option that can be accessed by clicking on the Email's name from the Email tab. You will see Resend at the top right.

Please continue submitting your ideas. Vote for this idea if you agree.

Occasional Visitor
I miss the A-Z which is user friendly since the lists can become large. And cannot find a way to add the names to the emails when using Add names/emails. No option to add individually?
Regular Visitor
When we re-send an email in the past we could see WHO the email was being sent to - now that feature has gone. Shame! It was very useful!
All Star

Ok, sorry to be blunt and rude; but this is getting ridiculous.  I am less and less likely to recommend CC to my friends and colleagues. You keep taking away useful features, and then upgrade the monthly fees!!!

When "Resending" an email, we used to be able to see two things:

(a) the number of new email addresses to which it will be sent, and

(b) a list of those email addresses.

Now, some months ago you took away item (b) - that was a pain in the butt.

And now item (a) has gone as well!!??

I can no longer see the number of email addresses (if any) that the resend will go to. (Or is it there and I just can't see it?)

What is the world coming to?

I really hate the way these web-based "software tools in the cloud" undergo ongoing continual refinement and development. 

Robert Brain

Please add back the function to mention how many new contacts were added since email first sent. Otherwise it seems as if there's no one new to send to so I didn't. Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
Was not able to see and confirm exactly the address I am resending to. Would like that level of clarity and quality control
Visitor
I would like to resend out a campaign again and would like to pull up all my contacts again. Not just new or a few. Not liking the new site yet.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed