Occasional Contributor
GarthH9

Reverse Merge

I have two lists. I want to delete all the contacts in List #2 that are in List #1. How do I do that?

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Re: Reverse Merge

Hi Garth!

This is really easy to do!

First make a copy of List #1

Then export List #2 (Contacts tab > Export link)

Save the exported file to your Desktop so you remember where it is

Go back into the Contacts tab and click the Remove List Link

remove list link.PNG

The next page is 2 steps.  For step 1, select the copied List #1.  For step 2, upload the exported list #2 that is saved on your desktop.

Then click the Golden Yellow Remove button.

And viola!  Your contacts that are in list 2 will have been removed from list 1.  The reason I had you copy List 1 is so you don't remove contacts that you may want to email again later.

I hope that helps!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor
GarthH9

Thanks, this makes sense, but you got it backwards. I want to delete contacts from LIST 2, not from LIST 1.

I have potential customers in LIST 2, and actual customers in LIST 1. When potential customers become actual cutsomers, they get put in LIST 1, but I needed a way to make sure no one in LIST 1 is in LIST 2.

I just reversed your lists and it works. Thanks!

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

You're welcome, Garth!  OOPS! Sorry about getting them backwards! But I'm glad that you were able to complete removing based on my instructions!  Glad to help!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!