Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Search Bar for List Management in Contact Details Page

In the previous version, you could start typing a tag or a list when adding a contact and it would pre-populate ones already used.  In the current version, you now can only scroll through the list of either lists or tags and check the ones you want, which is extremely time consuming.  I've stopped using tags as a result.  Please provide the option to type what you want to select and the options come up.  Thank you.

4 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @RuthS948 thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in on this as well.

Literacy2012
Rookie

Yes, having to scroll the lists to find the ones you need for a new contact is very time consuming. There doesn't seem to be a shortcut. And visually, it's just hard to find the lists you need through scrolling. When I create a new contact, they usually get added to 4 lists: newsletter, type of constituent (for me, that's student or volunteer), program, and birthday month. Inevitably while scrolling, I miss what I need and have to go back. Please bring back the pre-populate feature or at least make the list box MUCH bigger so that you can see 10 or 15 lists at a time. @RuthS948, if they don't make it easier, I think my plan will be to update the names of the lists, with the ones I use the most as A, B, C, and so on. A Newsletter, B Student, C Volunteer. That way those will be at the top. 

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

I can see that if there are ones you mainly use, renaming them might help. We have a large number of tags--years ago they were separate lists but when tags became available we changed quite a few to tags. Either way it's much slower to do so many things with this interface. So much scrolling and clicking from screen to screen for related things. It seriously makes you wonder if the redesign was tested on people who actually USE the interface!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

Hello everyone. With the changes being made to our Feedback flow, we are changing this status to Not Currently Planned. At this time, we do not have plans to include this type of functionality due to the low number of tracks from other customers and the prioritization of other ideas. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More