Search and back

Search and back

3 - When I edit someone and want to go back to the page I was on, I can't. Going back takes me to the A's again, it ignores my sorting, and ignores what page I'm on.

Number 3 really needs to happen soon. 

16 Comments
Occasional Visitor
I have a list of contacts I need to delete every year. When I select them all on a page and delete, the contacts go back to the As. This means I have to keep advancing pages until I get back to where I need to be in the alphabet. It would make my life easier if it would either stay where I left off after deleting the selected contacts OR have a directory at the top where I can click on Ms, then Ns, etc. instead of always going back to the As.
Occasional Visitor
Whenever I am editing a list (like changing list assignments on a given contact) and say I am on the names that begin with R and thus a level or two from the beginning, the program jumps back to the beginning or the names that start with A . This waste time and makes do more work. Why can't it stay in the area of the list I am working on. Please fix.
Occasional Visitor

When I select a number of names to go into a group. Instead of going to the next page, so I can continue in the group, it takes me back to the very first page, so I have to cycle through pages already reviewed. Ugh!

Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. I can certainly understand this being time-consuming. This is an issue were are currently looking into and hope to resolve soon. Please stay tuned for updates on this and continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.

CTCT Employee

Hi Max and Disco and Susan,

I want to apologize for the inconvenience this has been causing you.  At this time we are currently looking into increasing the functionality of this.  If you use the back button of your browser it will take you back to the last sort that you have selected but not to the appropriate page you were on.  If you have any other feedback or suggestions please let me know!

CTCT Employee

Frequent Visitor
I have imported a list of emails only. I am going back to put first and last names to those emails. Each time I add contact information and hit the back arrow key I end up back at the beginning of my list, instead of where I left off. Is there an easier way? Right now every time I make a change I have to scroll down to the end of my list to pick up where I left off. Thanks.
Advisor

Advisor

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. My suggestion to avoid having to go back to the first page would be to add the first and last name to the same file that you previously used to import. Then re-import the file, however when you go to bring it back in don't assign a list or tags and click Import. This is the way to update your contacts with new information without affecting what lists or tags they are in. Add_Contacts_-_Update_Existing.pngWhen you get the overlay below, click on "No, continue to import" and this will update the contacts with the First and Last name now. I hope this helps!

Update_existing_contacts.png

Occasional Visitor
It is very frustrating that every time I edit a contact it kicks me to the beginning of the list. This is time consuming and annoying!
I use to be able to download a spreadsheet and remove contacts from a list quickly and efficiently. Now I have to select my e-mail list and scroll down to find each e-mail that I want to remove....and I can only remove multiple e-mails if they are on the same page. After I remove those the alphabet listing goes back to "A" so I have to scroll through the pages to get to names further in the alphabet. This is a very inefficient system of removing contacts from a list. If you enter a name into the search box to hopefully get your quickly through the alphabet it takes you out of the specific e-mail list and then your only option is to delete the contact which makes it permanently gone. It also appears that the notation of "do not mail" is now gone and everything is lumped into unsubscribed. So far it appears to me that whomever came up with the new contact management system had no understanding or knowledge of the previous (and much, much, much better) contact management system.
Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I can certainly understand your frustration in having to go through this process. An easier process could possibly be to use your spreadsheet and upload as a new list. So now you will have a list of the contacts that you want to remove. Once you have the list, you can then select all of the contacts in this list and then go to "Add to Email Lists" . Find the list that you want to remove all of these contacts from and uncheck it.

Add_to_Email_List.png

Now all of these contacts are removed from the targeted list and then the new list that you just created you can go ahead and delete and choosing "Delete the List Only". Hopefully this will help to eliminate some steps.

Delete_List.pngDelete_List_Overlay.png

Occasional Visitor
Very frustrating

Status changed to: Closed - No Action