See 'Lists' As A Column Option When Viewing Contacts

0 Votes

It would be great to have another choice for the columns on the Contacts page: a column that tells me which lists each contact is on. As it stands, I have to open up each contact to see that information. That could take a long time, as our lists grow...Thanks for reading!

9 Comments
RyanM2821
Campaign Contributor

I want to be able to better organize my 9,000 plus contacts more efficiently but it takes forever to have to click each one and switch what group they are in. There needs to be a way to show all my contacts and the groups they're in on one page and on that same page, allow me easily select multiple contacts and switch the email categories they are in.

Ecoscape
Rookie

I found it helpful to have the full listing of contact lists along the left side of the screen... that option is now gone... Could we bring it back? It helped me switch more readily back and forth between different lists.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @Ecoscape thanks for sharing this feedback! How does our list tab in the Contacts section not fir your needs so see the full listing of your contact lists?

contacts-tab-lists-tab-create-list-button.png

Ecoscape
Rookie

Hi! Previously I could see the lists on the left side of the screen and the contacts contained in the selected list on the right side of the screen.  It was easy to switch back and forth between lists to look for a specific client.  For example:  is Bobby Sue on the Plow list and the Irrigation list?  I could switch back and forth between the lists quickly to scan for her name.  The current set up is OK, it just requires far more clicks to get to the info.  Efficiency is everything at my desk... so much to do :smileyface:

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @Ecoscape thanks for sharing this example! We have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in on this as well. In the meantime, searching for a specific client on multiple lists, does the list section of your specific contact details not fit your needs of seeing all the lists they're apart of at once?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @ILSAB. Thank you for the idea! I'll open this up for voting. 

LindaK79
Rookie
I have two subscriber lists, but when I look at the web site under "New Subscribers" it doesn't tell me to which list they subscribed.
General_AIre
Campaign Collaborator

I have broached this subject before, but have a suggestion:

For some erroneous reason, contacts end up on multiple lists for which I do not intend.

I would like to see, when viewing a given contact list, columns to the right listing all lists for which the contact may belong.

Under each column, I'd like to see simple check marks that can be unchecked (or checked) to remove (or add) the contact from a particular list.

Then, the ability to "save" the changes.

This can't be so difficult to do, and it would save me vast amounts of time not having to go into each individual contact to correct this information.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request within the Contacts tab but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More