cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

See who is Unsubscribed

0 Votes

See who is Unsubscribed

When importing a list from a file, I see that 6 contacts did not import because they were unsubscribed. How do I know which ones they are?

481 Comments
All Star
Why can I no longer see if a contact contact has unsubscribed when I try to add a new list? This used to be displayed in the Activity report.
All Star
Currently I'm only able to see all of my unsubscribed contacts. I'd really like to be able to see a list specific to the excel file that I just imported. Cheers, David Case
All Star
All Star
Withthe new change, I can no longer see who was added! I cannont control my list anymore. please fix
All Star

Added new contacts from imported file. Told me 1 contact couldn't be added, but couldn't find which one or why. Was very easy before.

All Star
As part of the transition, we lost some very useful tracking capabilities. Please, please, please restore them! Here are the most vital items which need to be reinstated: 1) After contact list upload, viewable list of EMAILS who had errors - including the reason they were removed 2) Date a person unsubscribed. We tried going into Unsubscribe list and exporting it. The date updated is NOT the date they unsubscribed, instead it is the date we uploaded their email as part of a new list. We need the date unsubscribed. 3) Any notes a person left when they unsubscribed are also missing. 4) Under the specific contact, please restore log of emails opened and emails sent. Until we "send" a contact a new message NONE of their information appears. This means, if a person unsubscribed, we have no idea from what email or when since there is no email history available (nor would there be in the future since we cannot send them any messages to make this field active again). 5) Please make email history clickable (to preview of email sent) as well as sortable by A) opened/sent dates; :sunglasses: date email was sent. This new set-up may be great for companies who want to use Constant Contact as their primary contact management system (CMS), but I think you are forgetting about the customers that make up the base of your business - which cross many different industries and require CMS programs that can handle many more details than the email blast/event rsvp basics that Constant Contact can. This loss of vital reporting capabilities hinders our abilities to keep our Industry-Based CMS up to date, and may impact our ability to keep our business with ConstantContact.
All Star
Your new system for adding contacts is really crap. Can't see the ones that are rejected as already unsubscribed. Also the reports on emails sent do not enable you to print out the failures. Lots of other inconvenient changes. Not an improvement! Please revert to the previous, easy to use software.
All Star

Hi: When I upload a file to import, I am getting errors but I cannot see those errors and which contacts are affected. This is a major problem in how my company managing its list as we do it internally with our database. We need to see the errors immediately so that we can fix them internally. Please adjust back to your previous capabilities. Sami Barry

Occasional Visitor
It was much easier to add contacts with selected field info with the old form. Please restore that functionality
Occasional Contributor
When I go to the activity tab I can see that 5600 contacts (of my 5604) uploaded but I can no longer see the addresses that Constant Contact rejected. I used that information to update my lists too!
Occasional Contributor
need the dates when contact opt out! Dates dates dates
How can I tell which contact was not added without going through the whole list and checking. Additionally when I search and find a contact it doesn't display which list they are on without opening it.
All Star

When adding a group of contacts, if one is unable to be added, it will tell you which is great. What it doesn't do is tell which one couldn't be added or I simply can't figure out how to find out. Unless you're sticking with the new changes specifically for ease of your use on the back end, it's rediculous to keep the new changes when so many people dislike it so much. Just a thought...

All Star

IMHO, Constant Contact doesn't care about their customers. Why else would they make it so hard for us to perform routine tasks? 

Hi - I used to have the capability after uploading a list of seeing who had previously unsubscribed so I could notate it. I'd like to be able to see that again. Right now just saying one person previously unsubscribed from a 1200 person list doesn't help me. Will we have that again?
Visitor
How can I find names of those contacts that could not be added to my imported contact list?
How do I find out which contacts could not be added? Thanks, Sandy
Occasional Contributor
I need to be able to view the list of previously unsubscribed contacts from the Activity page when uploading new contacts. I was able to do it before this redesign that added so useful features I've been asking about for years but also made the site much less user friendly and very slow. Not happy at all even with the new features.
Occasional Contributor
This is very frustrating and is a drag on productivity.
Regular Visitor
In the past, when I added a list of names, I was able to see which contacts were not added to my list (since they had previously unsubscribed). I don't see how to access that information in the new format. For instance, I just added a list and can see that 14 contacts were not added -- how can I find out which 14 have opted out?
CAP
Frequent Visitor
Importing list to CC - error message displays. The errors are collective to our account, not showing specific errors to that specific list that was imported. Can we please just see those errors specific to the imported file?
Frequent Visitor
You need to go back to the old system ASAP. 1. If I add an unsubscribed contact it doesn't let me know who it is so I can take them off of the original database I pull the information from. The old system used to make that information available. 2. I want to manage my contacts from the company database that manages all aspects of the company - not through Constant Contact. We only want Constant Contact for e-mail - not contact management. 3. The layout is horrible. So difficult to use / understand.
Regular Visitor
Under the "old" contact management system, when a list was imported, I would get a list of the contacts which could not be added because they had opted out / unsubscribed. I could copy and paste that list so that I would know who I might need to contact in other ways. Now I can only see the number of contacts that were not added on the Activity page. To get that same information, I have to export my entire unsubscribe list, download it, and sort it by "Updated at." WHAT A PAIN. Please make this information more easily available (as it used to be!)
Occasional Visitor
In the past after the upload I was able to see a report of those e-mails that were "blocked or unsubscribed". With the upgrade that you did I'm told this tool is not available and I have to "manually" find the names? Why would this tool have been taken away? HOw quickly can it be added back in?
Occasional Visitor

I used to be able to find a list of emails that bounced when I uploaded our members' emails in the Activity section. I would use that report to catch when members left their organization so we could keep our records updated. Not that is not available or has been moved and I cannot find where it is!

Don't even know why the system was changed. It was simple enough before.

Occasional Visitor
I have multple accounts with Constant Contact and had been working with the program for many years. Ever since you changed the interface, I've had problems. Yesterday I spent 20 minues waiting for a customer service chat, after which I was told that there was no one to help me. Then I spent another 10 minutes finally getting someone on the phone, telling me I had to convert my file to csv in order to import it. That worked. But it didn't allow me to put it in the mailing list I wanted. I had to manually move them into the correct mailing list. That was fine yesterday. Today I'm importing contacts into an account with multiple mailing lists. I was able to import it, but it didn't go to the mailing list THOUGHT I was asking it to import to. I now don't know where my contacts went and to what mailing list. I now have to do a search for the 1,000 names I just imported. In addition, I was told that 13 contacts couldn't be imported because they opted out. But it doesn't tell me WHICH 13 opted out! How can I amend my lists??? I just want to be able to copy my contact e-mails into CC and paste it into a specific mailing list, like in the old interface. I don't want to be forced to upload a file. And I don't want to be forced to manually search for them. This new system sucks. If it doesn't improve, I will seek out a new e-mail service.
Participating Solution Provider
when i upload a list to CTCT and the report gives me the results it doesnt specify which email is unsubscribed.
Occasional Contributor
Who needs to vote. This was a feature that was on the site before the changes were made and it was removed with no reason given. It should simply be re-added so we can use it as we have for the last 7+ years.
Visitor
HATE the new contact system and HATE that changes are implemented overnight without any notice. I could quickly move throughout the contact system effortlessly before and it takes me forever to do the same tasks now. I work extremely hard during the day and have to juggle a number of hats. The last thing I need when I log on to this application is to have to learn something all over, especially when nothing was wrong with the old way of doing it. I've said this before, if/when you change with something, don't make a DRASTIC change and give us advance notice OR send around a SURVEY and ask us if we think we NEED a change!!! Nope, I'm not a happy camper over it.
Occasional Contributor
It would really be helpful to know who did the unsubscribing for a particular contact. We occasionally have had people "opt-out" and move to the "Do not mail" group in the old system. It was a nuisance when they later changed their mind and wanted to start receiving emails. We're still not clear on how the new system works if someone unsubscribes themselves. Main concern: if we don't know they were the ones who took themselves off the list, we might inadvertently add them to a new list, not knowing they don't want any contact. If it's clear they unsubscribed, we can contact them individually to find out.
All Star
By viewing who opted out, we can then send them a hard copy of the information we are sending. Some people may have opted out a while ago and if we haven't sent them info in a while we won't know that they are off our list. If we can't see who they are, they will not receive our information, even through the USPS.
Occasional Contributor
I need to have the import reports back so that when I have a contact that could not be imported because they had previously opted out, I need to know which contact that was. I then send them an 'Invite a Friend' request to let them know they need to sign back up. Thanks, Traci
I need to figure out which contacts that I uploaded into a list were unsubscribed. We have many lists in the account, and there are many more unsubscribed than came from my recent import. I need to identify which ones from my most recent upload were unsubscribed so I can contact them. The only way I can do it now is to download the unsubscribe list from the account and compare it against all my excel files that I just uploaded. It would save me a lot of time if I could simply sort it in constant contact and then download it.
Occasional Participant
I used to be able to print a report from my upload. It would show the contacts that we are trying to add back in that have opted out. I can't seem to view that list anymore. How do I see the contacts that were denied?
How can I see if they offered a reason to unsubscribe?

Would like ability to delete Export Files to reduce clutter on the page.

Occasional Participant

I want to push a button and have the list of names show up that like it used to. Displaying a number of 45 people does nothing for me. Make it a button that populates a list of those people so that I can update my database easily. There are too many steps to figure out a work around compare to the way it was in the past. I like the look of the new website, but the for accessibility to information is too restricted and difficult to pull up.

Occasional Visitor
With the old version, when I entered emails into the system I was able to immediately see who could not be added and why (unsubscribed). Now it just says i.e. 2 contacts could not be added as they are unsubscribed, but it doesn't give detail about who it was. Now I have to go to my unsubscribed list (huge list) and export them into a spreadsheet (takes up to 15 minutes) and try to figure out who might have unsubscribed since I last added emails. Not convenient at all. Can you bring back the old version??
Visitor
I see the number of addresses that did not import due to prior unsubscribe status, but I need to know WHICH specific addresses these are. For example, if it shows that "2 contacts were un-subscribed and could not be added to a list" I need specific information on these 2 contacts so I can follow-up and/or update my records accordingly. Finding the 2 contacts without any other information will be like finding a needle in a haystack and extremely time consuming. I'm guessing the system must have identified the 2 addresses in question and should be able to easily supply this information.
In the old platform, when I added a list of contacts, I could click to "Activity" to see how those list of contacts were added, specifically, the errors/warnings relative to contacts I intended to add. I cannot find where I can retrieve that information; the "Activity" page only reports static data (x duplicates, x attempted opt-out adds...); how can I review the specifics relative to these errors (so that I can update my database, or review if I entered an email incorrectly, etc.) This was a valuable feature for me previously.
Occasional Contributor
I imported a list and got popup that said there were 2 UNsubscribed. How do I find out who they were?
Visitor
The new updated version of the "Activity" page lists the errors but doesn't let you view the problem email address -- it just tells you that you tried to input an email address that has previously unsubscribed but won't tell you which one. Unless I'm missing where the option is to view the emails with the problem? How do I know which email address has the problem if it won't let me view the issue? The old version let you see everything in an easy to read list.
All Star
i would like to be able to see the contacts who have unsubscribed
All Star
What I don't like is I now no longer can access the names of those who could not be imported when I add a group to a new list. The notification let me know one could not be imported but I could not find a way to determine who that contact is under the new format.
Visitor
I really want to know which email addressed did not import. I don't want to have to search my original list and compare who was not imported. I need to be able to print the email addresses that bounced or the are in a specific list, etc.
Please add the Printer Friendly View back to the Contact Detail screen.
CAP
Frequent Visitor
Why cant we see Activity reports that are older? There is not button to look back farther than what is displayed on this one screen. I have an issue from Oct 15 that I cannot see.

Has anyone been able to figure this out yet? I'm having the same exact problem. I checked in reports, activity, and anywhere else I could possible think of. In the same vein, I have a couple contacts that were also updated. I would love to find out which email address were changed and which were already unsubscribed.

I'll manually do it for now using excel, but, like CristinaS said, it's going to be time consuming.

Occasional Contributor
Before you made your "upgrade"...I was able to see a list of all the contact/email records that I was trying to upload there were on the "unsubscribe/do not email list"...now you only tell me that XX could not be uploaded, but I can't pull a report. I need to keep my core database clean and also flag these accounts there so that 1) I stop trying to import them because that's a waste of time and 2) more importantly, I don't want my customer service staff continuing to try to solicit a prospect on their own via email and so I NEED THIS INFO!
Occasional Contributor
When in the Activities section viewing the contacts that were not added from a mailing list. It would be nice to be able to see a list of the contacts that couldn't be added because they were "unsubscribed" This would help us update our Sage database so that Constant Contact and Sage's information is reconciled.
Occasional Contributor
I just added a file of thousands of names, some were new, and some were updates. I supposedly added 2 names that had unsubscribed, so they couldn't be added, yet it doesn't show me these 2 names. If I could see them, I could go to my master database and mark them as unsubscribed so I don't keep doing the same thing.