cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are seeing intermittent errors when attempting to upload a new image or insert an image into their email. While we look into getting this fixed we have found if you try to reattempt your previous action, the image will be visible. We apologize for this inconvenience.

See who is Unsubscribed

0 Votes

See who is Unsubscribed

When importing a list from a file, I see that 6 contacts did not import because they were unsubscribed. How do I know which ones they are?

481 Comments
Visitor
When adding a contact list, I like that I can correct errors right away, but it tells me the number of people who are unsubscribed and I can't click to see who they are, so I can update my list.

Please bring back the functionality where, after I import a list to Constant Contact and go to the activity screen and click on the number of errors in the import, that it shows me THE LIST OF NAMES AND EMAILS, just like it used to.

That is a part of the quality control of my lists, and it's a huge loss of functionality to me.

Before, when adding contacts that had previously opted out, I could see who the error was and make sure my info was correct and not try to add them to a list again, but now all I get is that I have contacts that can't be added because they've opted out. How do I know who they are so I can update my records?
Visitor
I like the new format for adding contacts from a file. However, previously when there was an issue, it was possible to get details on the contacts not added. There was sometimes a typo or some other problem I was able to fix so I could re-upload those contacts. I just added a small file of names and one was not uploaded. I couldn't see how to figure out who the contact was and what the problem was.
Occasional Contributor
VERY inconvenient.
All Star
Your stupid new "Managing Contacts" system still does not tell me which contacts I am adding who have unsubscribed previously so I have no way of removing them from my back-end systems. I told you about this problem when you introduced this on the smaller accounts I use. I am seriously considering moving to another, more sensible, contact management system.
Please add this back as an option.
Occasional Visitor
When I added a bunch of new contacts to a new list I created, there was a message stating "Import complete. There were 2 contacts that could not be added." I used to be able to see why they could not be added. Is there no option to do so now???
Occasional Advisor
previous activity report showed which contacts were unsubscribed - now I can only see a number - not helpful, especially with a larger lists.
Occasional Visitor
After I add contacts to a specific list, it tells me the number of people that were on the unsubcribed list, but it does not show the specific emails. I used to be able to see this and then was able to add those people back to a mailing list. I do not like the new setup under "Contacts - Activity" that does not allow me to see which emails are on the unscribed list.
Frequent Visitor
Importing contacts. Get message that there are some number of unsubscribed contacts not allowed. No way to see what the email addresses of those unsubscribed contacts are, so no way to follow up.
Greetings: When I upload a mailing list, it would be nice to be able to see who didn't get uploaded because they're on the "unsubscribed" list.
Occasional Participant
The old system had a report that showed why contacts could not be added due to unsubcribe status. Since we refresh our contacts quarterly from an Access data base, we used the report to update our data base so I did not try to reimport the contact over and over again! Please bring back the report as soon as possible
I miss being able to add a short list of email addresses to my contact list. We don't enter people individually with their names and other particulars. It was much handier when we could just past in a small batch of addresses all at once.
Visitor
I'm no longer able to export the unsubscribe errors from the activity tab after I have imported them into an email list. I really, really need this function back. I need to identify these specific unsubscribed contacts so I can remove them from my source file from which I imported them from. Now I'll have to do manually review my import file to the new exported email list and find them. This will take me a lot of time which I do not have. I'm very, very busy. Please put this functionality back in the activity tab. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
When updating CC database from in house database, we're told there are unsubscribes that we can't see on the CC database. Would be nice to see these so that we can delete them from our inhouse database.
Occasional Visitor
When updating my contacts list I get 23 errors for contacts that have previously unsubscribed. I cannot see who those 23 contacts are anymore since your upgrade...therefore I have no way of updating my master contact file that I use to import my contacts. I would like to be able to see who the errors are so that I do not continuously attempt to import them. This ability to see who is creating the errors was taken away with the recent upgrade to your website.
In trying to copy contacts from an existing list to a new list, the contacts from the first list were removed. I now cannot see where they went. There should at least be a confirmation-type button to click before taking this step.
Regular Visitor
I clicked on the Activity page and I see the indicator that contacts did not add to the list but I do not see information on why. This process was so much easier before the "upgrade"
I had a unsubscribe and I want to see who it was, but cannot view it when I click on it?
All Star
when uploading my new list, there are unsubscribes. I cannot see the unsubscribes as I could before with the older version, and need to see those that are new unsubscribes. also, I don't understand why there are unsubscribes, as I remove people from our dbase as I receive the unsubscribe notices from CC.
Occasional Contributor
On my latest import, there were two issues. The issues were described by Constant Contact in general terms, but no specifics so I could go back to my database and fix the problem. You used to provide information I could use to keep the problem from happening again. And now you make me go to the public forum to see if I can get an answer? This is wasting my already-limited time. Discouraged in Phoenix.
Occasional Contributor
Issue - report tells me a contact was not added because unsubscribed...please tell me who it is so I can remove from my data.
Occasional Visitor

Vote?  Why do we need to vote?  This is common sense list management.  CC is NOT my database.  I need to update the source data.  And, if someone who unsubscribes is a volunteer, I also need to be able to contact that person to find out how they WANT to receive important information related to their assignment.  We try to keep the lists clean and update after each send but we are by no means perfect at this.

When I add new contacts, I see the little red square that tells me how many contacts did not import. Why can't I actually SEE those contacts somewhere? Then I go to reports hoping to find them there - they are not. This tab is absolutely useless to us. Please bring back old site where we could see list of bounces, opt outs, etc all listed in one spot and easy to click on to see specific contact info.
Established Member
I used to be able to see the list of names of those not imported to CC -- I can't seem to do this any more which is a real negative.
All Star
PLEASE re-instate the feature where, after we upload a list of emails, we can see and download all those in the list that were un-subscribed. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. We are a school, where parents often 'un-subscribe' when a child leaves, only to have another child come and want to receive emails again. They've forgotten they un-subscribed years earlier. To go through a list of 500 emails we uploaded and compare that to a list of 600 unsubscribed emails to find these un-subscribed parents in NOT a solution. PLEASE re-instate the feature where we can download a list of un-subscribes that were in a list we uploaded.
Frequent Visitor
When adding contacts you will get an error that there are "X" number is "issues" with the contacts that you are adding but there is no link to the contacts so that you can finally correct the "issues"
Occasional Participant
i'm with everyone else. this is a horrible "upgrade". I no longer have the options i used to have. I feel like you have made it so "fool" proof that only fools are able to use it now. so far, just today i have been completely frustrated by at least 3 changes you have made. Here, i have uploaded a list of people from my POS system. You say that 24 have opted out of email, but you won't tell me WHICH 24. Those people, we take their email out of our pos system and next time they are in, ask them if they would like to add a new address. 9 times out of 10, they don't even realize that they have opted out. the 10th person has changed email addresses and forgot to sign back up. so you are only screwing yourself since the invoicing is based on number of people in the system. those 24 are no longer in your system and i can't personally ask them if they want to be added back! i've already moved one of my mailing lists off of your system b/c your company does NOT get it and way overcharged me for something, offered a lame refund, which i never received and your program is SO annoyingly buggy and now with your recent "upgrades" i cannot WAIT to get my other list away from you!
Occasional Participant
When you changed over to the new platform, you left off the instantaneous reporting of showing the users that opted out. It's great that the activity tells you 1 user opted out and your message was not delivered to them, but this is not working for us, and I am losing money because of the changes you made. Please correct your system to bring this feature back. The code is already created on the last version. I also hate adding contacts by file, you could add 100 contacts at a time and see the email addresses of opt outs.as you went along. Bring the feature back. I am now forced to cancel this account and bring back a new one while you guys figure it out. I thought about mail chimp and Vertical response. Mail Chimp's pricing beats vertical response, but I hate that mail chimp allows your users to know the name of your list. So we are doing the new Constant Contact account.
Visitor
My list was organized by date of entry with some important exceptions. I can not find the new lists I created.
this was previously available and would appreciate being able to see that report again. did it move to another window? thanks
Occasional Visitor
Constant contact still reports how many contacts have unsubscribed after each upload of contacts but... Please return the function of being able to see which contacts have unsubscribed after each upload of contacts. This specific list is needed to reconcile each unsubscribed contact to another database. Unfortunately it would take hours each week to sift through the Unsubscribed list that includes all the unsubscribed contacts throughout the history of my organizations use of Constant Contact.
Occasional Contributor
I used to be able to see which email addresses were not uploading due to errors (unsubscribe, invalid) but now I can't. That information is imperative to making sure our database is up-to-date.
Changing the activity report to only show a "number" of issues versus which items are involved with those issues really screwed things up from the users perspective. We really need the option to view the items that are being reported as issues! Please give us back the option of viewing the issues and not just viewing the number of issues! The number doesn't help us at all...need to see the contacts that are issues!
Frequent Visitor
Why can I only see the last few activities - what if I need to look back further? I need to see activities in November to be sure that a particular list was uploaded - but I can no longer see that - is there a way to see further than 5 items back??
I don't understand the changes, nor do I see them as productive. For example, the "Growth by Source" form gives me all sorts of shiny numbers, but I can't a actually learn anything about the contacts in those categories. More specifically, I can see 2 new contacts have signed up via the Web Signup Form, but I have NO WAY TO ACTUALLY SEE WHO THOSE CONTACTS ARE. If there is a way to actually see those contacts, it's un-intuitive and I can't figure it out. Also, on the "Activity" page, I can see that certain contacts were not added due to prior unsubscribe I also cannot see who those contacts are. In the old interface, I could. Now I cannot. What's the point in showing these numbers if I can't do anything useful with them?
Regular Visitor
After uploading a list with the old contacts page, on the activity screen, it automatically listed all contacts that couldn't be added because they previously unsubscribed. This new contacts feature does not allow this. It only says, for example: "5 contacts were un-subscribed and could not be added to a list." (or whatever the number is after uploading). You cannot view who these unsubscribers are. If they reported as spam, understandable, I know CTCT never showed us this. However, we are able to see all our unsubscribers in the account, so we should be able to see the unsubscribers that were on the list we just uploaded. I'm not sure why you took this feature out, it was very helpful. I know we can receive unsubscribe reports weekly, etc but this helps even more with keeping track of unsubscribers. Please bring this feature back -- where you can see previous unsubscribers from the specific list you are uploading. Thanks.
Regular Visitor

I completely agree. I posted a comment on this as well (didn't see this one yet). We need this feature back, it is very helpful to know what unsubscribers are STILL on that specific list so we know to remove them from our personal database.  

Regular Visitor

You CAN see the errors, you have to go back to the contacts page, look on the left and I believe it says "errors". You can correct them right there on the spot. However, you CANNOT see the contacts who have previously unsubscribed that are on the list you just uploaded. It just tells you the number of people who previously unsubscribed. With the old way, it listed all the previously unsubscribed contacts. This is what you need to bring back. Thanks.

Visitor
I don't like the new format. How do you know who got added and who didn't. It's confusing!!!!
I think your new format is less intuitive. Boo! Why can't you list the e-mails from the file that don't work initially rather than just say you have 4 e-mails that weren't complete Why not just let them go through so they bounce so we can see what they are and remove them from our own data base.
ESPECIALLY when trying to look up contacts or working with contacts the system won't accept. I cannot BELIEVE you took away the ability to see which contacts were not accepted because they had unsubscribed. For me, this was a valuable tool I used to update my master database.
Please bring back the ability to review errors in the activity section after uploading from a spreadsheet. In this particular instance, I need to get in touch with the parents who opted out via phone, but I don't know which of the contacts were the opted out ones.
Occasional Contributor
after adding 1500 contacts, I got an error that 5 were unsubscribes. It would be nice to be able to see these so I can remove them from my import list so it doesn't keep happening.
Please provide a report for people when they upload a list and you give them back a note saying something like.. 6 contacts were uploaded, and 2 contacts were not added. It would be extremely helpful to see exactly who was not added, or who was updated and why. It's not helpful the way it's set up now.
Where did you move the function where I can see which names wouldn't permit being added since they had previously opted out?
I imported a list and used be to able to see who un-subscribed. Now I can no longer see this. This was helpful when I sent the message to smaller lists. I would send the un-subscribers an email directly. Thank you, Thrisha
Occasional Visitor
PLEASE CHANGE the sort back to the most recent removed....NOT when they were added.. REALLY?????
Occasional Visitor
When adding contacts to a list we are no longer informed which contact wasn't added and why.