cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

See who is Unsubscribed

0 Votes

See who is Unsubscribed

When importing a list from a file, I see that 6 contacts did not import because they were unsubscribed. How do I know which ones they are?

481 Comments
It's a deal breaker if every time I need to get the list of unsubscribes the ENTIRE unsubscribes needs to be downloaded and sorted.
All Star
I used to be able to see who had opted out when I tried to add emails to a list. Now it just tells me that a certain number of people can not be added because they opted out but not who they are. This is a feature that is key to our groups seeing our emails. I can not go through the opt out list with the list of 300 emails to try to figure out who opted out. I would very much like that feature back. It would be a great consideration in finding a new mass email company.
Frequent Visitor
I used to be able to find customers in the Activity section, by list, to see who the unsubscribers were - I can no longer find this information when I upload a new list.
All Star
In the Activity section, I can no longer view the people and the emails I just added. I only get a summary. This really has impacted in a negative way my being able to keep my list clean and to keep me informed of any individual problems. Please return the feature!!
I have 330 families currently enrolled in my music classes, and I want to send them all an email. However, I import the file and CC tells me 5 of these contacts could not be added because they are "unsubscribed". This is SO frustrating! I should be able to have control over who I email, not you. All 330 email I'm trying to upload are CURRENT subscribers. One possible problem here is that quite possibly a client of mine unsubscribed, then they have another baby, and re-enroll in our classes, but CC still see's their email as "unsubscribed".This is problem with your system!
Valued Contributor
It's safe to say that most of your customers send a monthly email, therefore the Contacts Activity (especially the import/expot) info should go back 45-60 days, not 7
Frequent Visitor
In the old system, you could see which contacts previously unsubscribed that you tried to add to a new list. That was very helpful in letting those people know they wouldn't receive the information they just requested so they could sign back up. I would really like to see that feature added back to the site.
Participant
I have uploaded more contacts to a list I have, and viewed the Activity report. I had one of the uploaded contacts that could not be added because they had unsubscribed. That is fine, but there is no additional information about that one. I cannot see who that was, so that I can update the list I used to update CC. I used to be able to see that information, but now I can't.
Occasional Advisor

I agree with JoanB62 about the contact activity page. 7 days of information is not enough. Please give us the old activity report back!

I use this data to confirm that I've removed a contact from the lists, and when; to verify last time a list was updated, and how many emails/which emails. There are occasions where you need to see that information! The way it was before was amazingly complete and robust. By having past activity, one can then determine the time frame of new information that needs to be imported. For people who don't add information on a weekly basis, and/or offices that have more than one person helping with updating information, being able to verify when and what activities have occurred farther than a week out is crucial. It also helps investigate activity errors. Wouldn't being able to monitor past activity over long periods of time also help in compliance with the CAN-SPAM act? Please roll back the changes to the activities pages. So many of the updates you guys made to CC have severely diminished how robust and strong this product was. These strengths made you stand out as a world class service -- I hope someone recognizes that something was lost in this update and fixes it.

Visitor
Why can't we see which contacts were updated and how they were updated?
All Star
We would export our upload errors monthly so the database manager could fix any errors so our next uploads are correct in both systems. With the new interface we cannot provide this and only have the option of removing. Once removing there is still no way to isolate these newly removed error contacts so they can be corrected. If not managed regularly this becomes overwhelming and time consuming.
Contributor
It would be EXTREMELY helpful if you would leave the LIST information available for any contact that unsubscribes. CAN you do this??????
Occasional Contributor
I upload a list of contact and see that one is unsubscribed. How do I know which one?
Visitor
I need to know about the bad contacts so I can fix or send them personal emails.
Occasional Contributor
Checking Activity after new list upload, I used to be able to pull a list of the ones flagged as having UnSubscribed -- where did that go?
On the activity page, when i get an error in ,say adding people to a list, all it says is how many errors there were. Is there any way we can see the accounts that produced this error? All I seem to be able to do is refresh the activity page, and click on the red box, that gives a short error message on the activity item. I don't see an option to look at the details of the error.
Occasional Visitor
It would be helpful to be able to identify just that group, so I know who they are.
Occasional Visitor
I can't find out who unsubscribed when I upload a list. This is a problem.
I typically update MY database each time I get the unsub report, however somehow, I have ONE in a recent upload - and I can't discover which one it is!!! this is EXTREMELY frustrating, not to mention this form deleting ALL my text if I click the little down arrow on "How can we help"
It's very frustrating that I can't find out who the 6 people are that are unsubscribed. I would like to update them in our company database and it's unbelievable that I cannot determine who the 6 out of 1600+ are!
Occasional Visitor
This function is a necessity to be able to view easily rather than having to take extra steps of comparing lists of what was loaded to what we thought should have been. Thanks!
I added email addresses to a list and there were 21 unsubscribed and I can't see who they are. This should be a basic feature, especially since I get emails periodically telling me who has unsubscribed recently! What's the point of tracking "activity" if I am not able to view the details? Thank you!
Occasional Contributor
When I upload a list of email addresses (of people who have recently volunteered), I need to be able to see who has opted out, so that I can send them a separate email telling them how to resubscribe (which they may have done years ago). In the new activity screen. how can I do that?
Regular Visitor
Please advise unsubscribes at the time of attempted uploading.
Occasional Contributor
Message displayed: This job had 1 issue: One contact was un-subscribed and could not be added to a list. So tell us who it was!
Occasional Contributor
In the previous version of this system, when I uploaded a list of email addresses, I could find out who was already unsubscribed, so that I could process them differently. How do I do this now?
Visitor
every time I hit CONTACTS to add a new list it goes into a spiral delay like its lost. This is day 2 awaiting some help.
Occasional Organizer

I have a number of divisions each with their own contacts that we email to. When I upload a list, it would be helpful to not just know how many unsubscribes and/or undeliverables there are, but who they are from that specific list. That way I can keep our records inside and outside of Constant Contact as acurate as possible. An overall list for our entire account is in no way useful. I prevoiusly was able to access such a list. If I'm missing something, please let me know, otherwise please add/fix.

Hi there. Why did you decide to remove good features that you used to have? In the activity page it no longer shows me the contacts that had issues and what those issues were, just how many. This is not all that helpful! Please put that feature back - and also, the activity logs used to go back a lot further than one month - another good feature that was removed. Thanks, Georgie

i cannot agree more - the new contacts layout, upload and whole handling is a nightmare! previously there was a nice report simply available on contacts that have not been imported and a reason why - this seems to be all gone. pls fix this quickly!!

Occasional Contributor
Hi - We just added a list and got this message: This job had 6 issues: 2 contacts have errors that need to be resolved. Resolve all errors. 4 contacts were un-subscribed and could not be added to a list. In the last issue of Constant Contact, we could download a spreadsheet that showed which contacts did not load because they had un-subscribed --- How do we find that list now? thanks - HGA
Hello. It is very frustrating to not be able to tell who had previously unsubscribed when I import a new list of leads into Constant Contact. For example - last week we met 126 people at a tradeshow and I went to import the list into Constant Contact and two people had previously unsubscribed. Everyone that let us scan their badge was doing so because they would like to receive information from us. So how should I know how to contact those two people to find out how to add them back into the system if you don't let me pull a list of unsubscribes. This feature is available in other email marketing tools that I have used. It's very frustrating.
Advisor
Adding new contacts and see that 12 couldn't be added because they had unsubscribed previously. It would be nice to see who those 12 contacts are so I don't add them to our company's database.
Regular Visitor
I do not wish to email opted out subscribers - why would I? BUT I do need to know 'who' those unsbscribers are as I could in the past. Especially as they are booked into an event we are organising, and we use Constant Contact to send them vital check-in information! How can I tell if they are not receiving this info otherwise! Frustrated and unhappy...
Occasional Contributor
any word on displaying opt outs when names are not added? No way to indicate who was not added.
To correct error and resubmit contact file upload I need detail as to why the inport failed.
Frequent Visitor
as part of the Contact Growth report. Clicking on the number would be ideal, Same can be said for the New Contacts added (in the same report)
I have two jobs running ... and your list shows them both ... but I have no idea which one is which. Yes, you show the name of my source list that I ftp'd to you ... why can't you also show the name of the list on your site that the data is flowing into?
I need to see my unsubscribes / issues in the Activity page. I want to click on the red square and get that information. Not sure why you took that functionality away, but please put it back.
Occasional Visitor
In the past with your list management, it was great - I could add a list of email addresses and your system would show a list of errors - invalid email addresses, and then a list of those who I was trying to add, but had previously unsubscribed. I would use that list of previously unsubscribed contacts to send them other marketing via USPS or other methods - now, I cannot view the list of names that had previously unsubscribed - i can only see the number of names that were not added in the new upload. This doesn't help me with my entire marketing plan... Please bring back the ability to view unsubscribed contacts for a particular list upload so that I don't have to cross reference many lists just to see who received the information via email, and who didn't! Thank you ~Kim~
Occasional Visitor
I just uploaded a list of contacts from a file, and would like to get the list of contacts that were not imported because they've opted out. You used to provide that, and it was very helpful. I don't want the list of everyone who has ever opted out from the beginning of time; just the ones still on my import list, so I can fix it. Sigh.
Occasional Visitor
The Activity page says there were 13 errors in my upload, but I cannot seem to find where I can see those and try to fix them.
How do I find out which 2 are unsubscribe so I can report to sender on who is not receiving the email
It takes me waaaaaaaaay longer to perform simple tasks than it did before. (1) When I upload a new list from our website, it's impossible to easily find out who can't be uploaded. (2) It takes too many steps to add a name to a list. And (3) WORST OF ALL it is way too easy to delete lists and there is totally inadequate warning when you are deleting a list (I thought I was deleting one mis-named list with no addresses in it but I deleted 100 lists instead with no way to get them back). I'm totally disgusted with Constant Contact right now and I've always been a big supporter. Frankly, I feel betrayed. I will never EVER recommend you to anyone again, and I'm sorry that I ever did.
All Star
Hello. In the old contact management system, we could see where the errors were with a mailing list upload. Now, on the activity screen, none of that information is available. Likewise, when you go to the list, none of it is available there. It is my understanding that these "activity page email errors" will not appear in the Sent email details, because they are quarantined before ever being added to the mailing list. How are we supposed to keep our lists clean and remove the unsubscribes from list uploads if you don't tell us what the quarantined email addresses are? Please add back the capability to see those addresses - so we don't attempt to spam anybody (as we promise with your agreement).
Frequent Visitor
It would be really helpful if you all went BACK to listing who has opted out when uploading a large leads list.... It makes NO sense to have my sales team waste time on people who are NOT interested in our product... This is my second request and I know many more people have asked the same thing... so when are you all going to bring that feature back?!!?
Visitor
It seems that with the new interface we can't see when the contacts were unsubscribed. We can group and see unsubscribed contacts by the date the contacts were added, but not by the date/compaign they unsubsribed at/from.
Occasional Contributor
When a contact is not added, please display who was not added.
Visitor
It looks like you removed the ability to see people who are "Opt Outs" from a recently uploaded list. This is a feature I would really, really like back. Dowloading them in EXCEL would be nice too