cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

See who is Unsubscribed

0 Votes

See who is Unsubscribed

When importing a list from a file, I see that 6 contacts did not import because they were unsubscribed. How do I know which ones they are?

481 Comments
Occasional Visitor
no additional comments.
Occasional Contributor
The prior platform allowed us to identify the contacts that couldn't be added to a list, presumably because they opted out at a prior time. Now this feature is not available. Why not? Please consider making this available in the future.
I uploaded a spreadsheet with a list of 189 contacts. On the Activity page, I see a red squared indicating that two of the contacts had previously unsubscribed. The "new, improved" contacts-management system does not allow me to generate a report showing the people who had previously unsubscribed. This was possible on the old system and this is important functionality. Please bring it back ASAP.
I've given feedback about how some other updates are making things harder. But I also wanted to say the Activity page (under contacts) has also gotten worse! I can't believe we have less management & viewing capabilities than we did before. This is somewhat useless.
Occasional Contributor
On the activity screen you should be able to click on the activity to tell you what was done, what contacts were added to which list.
Occasional Contributor
I wish I was able to see which e-mail addresses had errors or who had previously opted out so I could make sure I updated our system as well. If there is a way to do this, I'd be grateful to know how. Thanks!
Please bring back the feature to view unsubscribed emails when uploading a new list. We were adding lists of people who had newly enrolled in our classes to send them information and it turns out that some people were unsubscribed previously. But I don't know which ones they were, so I couldn't easily identify and contact them through another method. If people are not going to get the email I am sending, I need to know that. Thanks.
Visitor
I am updating lists based on customers registering for tournaments. They are saying in the registration that they want to receive email. They forget that they unsubscribed after last year's tournament. I need to invite them to resubscribe.
When you are uploading a contact list, you go to the activity page. It will tell you if you are trying to add names that have unsubscribed, it will also tell you how many, but you can not see a list of those unsubscribed names that you are trying to add. You used to be able to do this before your last update.
Occasional Visitor
Added contacts and have one name that couldn't be added because s/he had unsubscribed previously. Would like to see who that is----but there doesn't seem to be a way to view the name. Any suggestions, other than matching names on lists?
would be extremely helpful to have the list of contact that can't be added to list
Frequent Visitor
Before the upgrade, it was possible to view the contacts that were not able to be uploaded to a contact list (generally due to past unsubscribes). This was a very useful feature, as it allowed users to update their external lists to ensure all unsubscribes are removed, and also allowed the notice of any previously unsubscribed contacts who were attempting to re-subscribe. Is there a way to access this list now?
Occasional Visitor
I need more the a 7 day history of activity! I can't tell now when the last time I updated my contacts. Please take it back to the way it was!
Occasional Advisor
When a contact unsubscribes there is no way to access what email list they were on. That is information we need to know. The old format allowed this, but this new one does not.
Occasional Participant
When removing contacts from a list, the Activity page shows that these contacts were added. Added 5491 Contacts to Lists should be Removed 5491 Contacts to Lists. Keeping an activity record is not helpful if the record is inaccurate. This may lead to confusion, inefficiency and possible corruption of contact lists and should be corrected.
Occasional Contributor
What happened to the red list of unsubscribes I used to get when I uploaded a list?
All Star
It would be helpful to see the unsubscribed date
When I upload a new list of contacts, it gives me a few errors that so many people cannot be added because they have previously unsubscribed. That is great information, except it will not tell me WHO the unsubscribed people are to remove from my personal list. It would take me hours to go through my whole unsubscribed list to pin point the one or two that I am currently trying to upload unsuccessfully. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!
All Star
In order to better manage our lists and reconcile them with our other systems, it is important that I have the unsubscribe date separate from all other dates. The last updated date includes too many different update functions. Please separate the unsubscribes and preference updates to be on their own - other wise we cannot get an accurate reporting of either of these by date.
Can I see which of my records had unsubscribed and therefore could not be added, when I recently uploaded a spreadsheet?
When I add contacts from a list, some of them cannot be added because they had previously unsubscribed. I want to see who they are, but the new UI has deleted that functionality. It is not an improvement when you redesign a UI and get rid of features! Please put that feature back in. (Yes, I know there is a workaround, but it is time-consuming.)
It used to be that we could see the names of contacts that could not be added and that were successful in being added right away. Now, we have to go back to the list and it takes an additional 4 screens to find out those results and really we only find the names of those that we were able to add. It seems strange that we have less flexibility after an update of the system. I used this feature often and miss the ability to see the specific names that were able to be added or not and why. Just a FYI for future development.
All Star
The activity report says 4 contacts could not be added because they were "unsubscribed". However, there is nothing I can find which tells me who they are. Can I get a report of these four, or must I review the entire unsubscribed list? I believe these individuals may have changed their minds about unsubscribing.
Why is the Activity Report limited to a single page of data. We are using a DonorPerfect Online to CC Nightly Sync of Dynamic lists and I can only see back to Jul 26, 2014 6:38am EDT activity, with NO option to click for prior pages. Also after the changes to this new format, the Errors reported on the Activity page are almost worthless since they no longer provide the emails or other data that are causing the Error.
All Star
You used to be able to click on your Activity report (when adding contacts) and see how many were not added. When you clicked on the number, it would show you who couldn't be added and why. This feature has been taken away in the new contact management tool. Why? Now I will have to individually compare lists from Constant Contact and my Excel.... not a great use of time. We are sending an email invitation, so I need to know who doesn't receive it, so we can send snail mail - thus why it is important to me.

We used to be able to look at the email list of any particular email we sent and view the contacts that have opted out or were removed from the distribution list. now we can only see the removed people in total, not by individual email list. We would like to see this feature as an option again. This allows us to reach out to individuals and update contact information as necessary. **Removed By Moderator**

I just uploaded a list and I can not see who has previously opted out. This is so important to my business that I am able to know who opted out.
Occasional Visitor
When uploading new names to a list it would be helpful to see the names of those people not added because they have previously unsubscribed. In some cases they accidentally unsubscribe so this could help in reactivation efforts.

Would really like to have this feature back so we can see specific people for the import we are processing. Having it on one master "unsubscribe"  list provides absolutely no value when you are searching to see which emails did not go through on a specific import. 

Valued Contributor
IN the old contact mgmt layout when you uploaded new email lists you were able to see those emails that couldn't be added - I would then email each one individually with directions on how they could opt back. With your new layout there is no way to see those emails that couldn't be added. PLEASE FIX!!!
All Star
I did an import of what I thought were all NEW contacts, but the activity messages says that some were updated, and one was unsubscribed. Chat support says that there is no way to see the details from the import about which were added, which were updated, and which is the unsubscribed. Major omission. Such a report should be available for something like 3 days after the import for us to be able to see details.
Occasional Visitor
After the update, they took away a report. It used to tell me which contacts that I imported did not go through.
Occasional Contributor
Hi, I add contacts on a fairly regular basis. These are people I do business with, or run elections for, etc. If one or two show up as "can't be added" because they previously opted out, it would be extremely helpful if I could see who that person is without having to do a comparison of the new list and my original upload. It's sometimes vital that the opted-out person be contacted by me in regular email, so they know, eg, how to vote in their board election or where to ship their conference packages. The red numeral that shows up in the report only says that x opted out previously. Any chance we can get more detail there?
All Star
when I add contacts and the resulting activity shows like 3 I am trying to add had previously unsubscribed, how can I see which 3 those were?
All Star
When importing contacts, error message doesn't display who unsubscribed and I need to know this so I can tell that contact to go back to JMML and resubscribe if they want to get any future emails (Some don't realize this.)
All Star
Needs the ability to know when a profile was updated (especially the most recent update) without having to do an export. Would like to see this on Contact display. Also would like to know specifically what was updated on the export report.
Visitor
It is not helpful to tell me 12 contacts were unsubscribed and could not be added, and not tell me what twelve contacts they were so that I can update my records! I like the old system much better.
Occasional Contributor
For our purposes, it's just as important to see who is not getting our email as who is. I'm not sure why that feature was removed but it would be nice to reinstate it.
Visitor
Please make this an exportable list! These errors get sent to another department for correction before the next mailing. There is no time or ability to do anything with them at this point. I had to snip and create .jpgs just to capture the list so it can be corrected in our customer records. Royal pain, PLUS it can't be fixed until we know which are wrong.
Regular Visitor
When adding individuals that state they are not receiving our emails anymore, I can no longer see which ones have or have not unsubscribed. PLEASE bring this feature back ASAP. Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
It would be fantastic if the little box indicating the # of unsubscribed contacts on the particular list would link to a quick list of the actual contacts of that list who were the ones to unsubscribe.
I called customer support and learned that there is no way of seeing a list of unsubscribed emails that are in a list imported into Contacts. I had just imported 600+ contacts and was informed that 25 of them could not be added to a list because those emails had been previously unsubscribed. It would be very useful to introduce a feature that allows the user to see just which those email are.
Regular Visitor
If possible, it would be nice to see the break down of the contacts uploaded from a .csv file. For example, I just uploaded 124 contacts. Constant Contact only tells me that 123 contacts were uploaded, 35 were new and 88 were updated. So I would like to know which 1 contact was not uploaded, which 35 contacts were added new, and which 88 were updated. This would really help manage our contacts since all of contacts are coming from our store POS system.
Frequent Visitor

I agree, particularly about the unaccepted contacts.  We religiously update our database from reports of unsubscribes yet there are always ones that are either missed or unreported.  Currently we would have to compare years of unsubscribes against a database of 5000+ names to figure out which ones were not noted.

In the activity report, there is a number in red of the unsubscribes that weren't added to the list.  If we could click on that red number and see who they are it would be most helpful.

All Star

I agree--we used to be able to do this. Removing this feature was a big DOWNGRADE.

All Star
I would like to be able to see who the individuals did not import from my list because they are unsubscribed. So that I can be aware of who did not receive my emails. I'm sure this feature used to be available, can it be reinstated? Allison Keown TESL Ontario
Occasional Contributor
When you changed your contact mgmt a year or so ago, you took away the ability to see WHO I couldn't add to a list because they were unsubscribed. Now, we simply see a red flag that says, for example: 3. I use Constant Contact to provide to provide my members with things they've asked for. When I can't email them because they're unsub'd, I'm failing them. I need to be able to email them from my personal email account, to make good on our promise to them. I have found a way to find out who those 3 are. But it's inefficient and takes time. Why did you take that capability away and can we have it back? Thanks, Susannah Michaels
why won't it tell me which ones couldn't be added?
Frequent Visitor
What happened to the export option for the activity log to see errors of recent imports? I would like to know what they were!
Occasional Visitor
I got a message on the screen stating that 3 contacts were added, one was updated and on could not be added to the selected list or lists. My question: How do I find out which one could not be added and why?