cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See who is Unsubscribed

0 Votes

See who is Unsubscribed

When importing a list from a file, I see that 6 contacts did not import because they were unsubscribed. How do I know which ones they are?

481 Comments
Occasional Visitor
says number unsubscribed, but I can't get a list of these on click - please respond to renata.jones@safecomputing.co.uk
Occasional Visitor

Tag doesn't make it quite as clear, so I should clarify, that's when adding contacts, and mousing over the red number box in the 'activity' tab view.

All Star
I'd like to clean my list or phone them for more feedback, but can't if I don't know which person or company it is.
Regular Visitor
Each time I upload a set of contacts, I would like to see a detailed upload report specific to that set of contacts (i.e., which email addresses were successfully added, which had already unsubscribed (and when), which were not added because they were duplicates). Some of this information is currently available, but only across the entire account and not available per upload (i.e., unsubscribed contacts). This does not allow us to confirm that all of our contacts who should have been successfully added to a mailing list, have indeed been successfully added. Also, duplicates and unsubscribers should show up in a list of Errors for the current upload (just as improperly formatted and/or invalid email addresses do).
Occasional Visitor
I just imported a list exported from my CRM software. Constant contact automatically imported/updated and said one of my contacts cant be used since they opted out. Your rep said there is no way to tell who was updated or who was excluded. This is a major flaw in my opinion as this data is important to me and should also we updated in my CRM software. Can this be fixed?? Matt
Visitor
When I'm importing a large list and get a red "error report" stating that 5 names were previously unsubscribed, I would hope to get a list of those names so I can remove them from my master list. We are very careful to remove unsubscribed and blocked email addresses so being able to get the info on those we missed would be very helpful.
I entered appx 50 contacts using your multiple entry option. I received an error message saying that 6 of the emails had opted out. But there is no way to know which 6. So how do I find out?? Do I have to re enter all 50 names one by one? Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it? Here is the feedback from the help desk: I apologize for the inconvenience, but there is not a way to see which two addresses were opted out from the list that you loaded in
When I upload contacts to a new list, it tells me I have x number that could not be added because they were unsubscribed. But it doesn't tell me who those unsubscribed email addresses are. I'd like to know that so I can better manage my lists.
Occasional Contributor
I just uploaded new contacts. After completed, it had added the new people and updated the others. One person couldn't be added. It didn't say why and I was unable to see who that person was. It's very important to our business to offer the people in our database the opportunity to reinstate themselves if they have unsubscribed. People come and go in our business and often find themselves to be a part of our community once again. This new process makes it virtually impossible for us to determine who those people are when importing a new list. The last time I imported names, I was able to see right away so this is a very recent change in your system. PLEASE reinstate this feature. Thank you.
Frequent Visitor
A list is loaded and I recieve a message that the job had 4 issues, 4 contacts were un-subscribed and could not be added to the list. Import list. Activity Tab. Activity Type. Preivous to the Constant Contact site update, a list would be avaialbe of which emails were not loaded. It is important for us to have a record of who is not recieveing a specific email notice because they were not loaded into the system.
It needs to show WHICH contact(s) weren't added like it did before. Otherwise you have to go through the whole list to figure out who has "unsubscribed".
Occasional Contributor
In the past, I've been able to view the names of people who couldn't be added when I'm importing from a file. I no longer have this ability. In our business, people will sometimes unsubscribe, and then attend one of our events and sign up again. I can't contact them to have them re-subscribe if I don't know who they are. This happened last week and I sent feedback about it. I had hoped this functions would be reinstated but today when I added new lists, I still couldn't view the ones who couldn't be added. Please reinstate this function. Thank you!
Frequent Visitor
Previous versions of adding contacts allowed you to see who may have previously unsubscribed contacts were.
Occasional Visitor
When adding contact to a list the system does not tell me WHO the contacts were that were not added because of prior selection of Unsubscribe. I now have to perform a manual comparison in order to find those clients as I need to not mail them the legal information via USPS. I believe the system in the past did inform you of the exact client, why this was removed I don't understand as it now creates additional work.
Occasional Contributor
I updated from a file. Got back that 1 contact could not be updated because had unsubscribed. But there seems to be no way to find out who that contact is without manually comparing the update file to the unsubscribe list. Additional information regarding the results of large processes is required.

I don't want to be too negative, but it has not been fun having all of these features that the system previously had disappear and hoping enough people vote on them to bring them back. 

The contact management system has been a disappointment over the last 8 months or so. I keep running into problems seeing the contact information for imports into the Contacts list. Logical groups of contacts are missing. For example, the last time I did an import there were 3 or 4 groups that the import system broke down for me and I needed to check this out, but ran out of time for the day. I went back today to look at these and manage the problems, etc., but these groups/lists are no where to be found. One of the lists was a list of new contacts with errors. I especially wanted to see what those were and get them fixed but there were over 140 of them and it was late that night and I could not work on them then. Also, when I import contacts from our list we get from our customers and then the import tells me that a number of these were problematic because they were unsubscribed, it is important for me to know which ones these are so that I can flag them in our database, but that list is not available. It is tough already managing 28,792 active contacts but we have over 64K in our db and keeping these synced from our ERP to Constant Contact only makes it tougher when the contact management import and viewing system is not cooperative. Thanks for listening. -Darius.
Frequent Visitor
i just added 10+ contacts. after i submitted, i received that ONE CONTACT COULD NOT BE ADDED TO THE SELECTED LIST B/C THE CONTACT PREVIOUSLY UNSUBSCRIBED... SHOW ME THE ACTUAL ADDRESS SO I CAN CONTACT THEM! EVERY email we add WANTS to be on our list. we NEED TO KNOW WHO CAN'T BE ADDED..... I NEED TO SEE THE ADDRESS!!!!! please, please, please, bring this feature back!!!
You tell us how many people from this upload have unsubscribed but you do not allow us to click that # and view the emails or pull a report for that. This would help us save money and send out less Christmas cards this year.
Occasional Visitor
When adding contacts you give a message about some were added, some were updated and in this case, one could not be added because they had previously unsubscribed. It would be helpful to see who the contacts are.
Occasional Visitor
When I add a new list, it tells me that 21 of the contacts are unsubscribed, but I don't know how to view the list of those 21 contacts by themselves. So I have to go through my entire unsubscribed list and compare it to my database to update my database. Is there an easier way?
All Star
I just uploaded a list of about 800 emails, 8 new, 773 updated. After the upload was complete a little red box with the number 34 was on the activity page. When I clicked on it the message was 34 emails were unsubscribed. I would like to be able to see that list of 34 emails, in order to up date my in-house database.
Regular Visitor
Suggestion ... Please make the unsubscribes per new uploaded contact list available for export. That way we can remove them from our main database. Thank you.
When we upload a file of email contacts your activity report shows that XXX have not be added as they are unsubscribed. We need to have access to that list to clean up our records on our side so we are not pushing unsub'ed addresses but you do not offer that capability! Since we know you are running the list up against your unsub list and you can report the exact number that you will not add to our list due to that we should be able to access that unsub list!
How can I found out who unsubscribed from the list I just imported?
Occasional Contributor
We try REALLY hard to keep our lists up to date, but still get red numbers about "... x many unsubscribed and couldn't be added." If you don't tell us WHO unsubscribed, we can't fix it!
Occasional Visitor
There should be a button that lets us know the emails that cannot be imported, because those email addresses have unsubscribed.
All Star
When someone unsubscribes but then decides later that they want our newsletter and I add them but then I can't and it doesn't show me what addresses had this issue I have no way to inform my client that they must add themselves back on our webpage to begin receiving our newsletter again since the email address isn't showing up.
Frequent Visitor
When uploading a list, it would be helpful to get a report on the contacts that were not added due to being unsubscribed.
Please return the ability to tell which contacts cannot be added because they previously unsubscribed. This was a very helpful feature. Having to export 10k+ unsubs and compare to every list is not fun or user friendly.
Frequent Visitor
How can you find out WHICH email addresses were unsubscribed? I just see a red number that indicates the number of flagged as unsubscribed but there no way to get to the actual address.
Regular Visitor
Be able to view unsubscribes on Activity Report
Occasional Visitor
When I upload a new email list I can see a little red bubble that tells me how many contacts on that list have unsubscribed. But I'd like to be able to download those contacts so that I can take that info back to my original database, and remove the email addresses from those customers' files. That way I won't keep trying to email them, but will market to them by snail mail instead. Thanks!
You give me a bright orange rectangle with a number in it. Why can't I click on it and see the list of who unsubscribed? I keep up with ALL my unsubscribeds and I don't see why there are 209 reported on today's import. I have mostly college students who sometimes unsubscribe at the end of the school year in May, then come in an sign up again in September. I am afraid that once they unsubscribe, you are not allowing them back in when they choose to join up again. If I could see a list of the unsubscribes, along with the date they dropped out, I could probably figure this out.
Occasional Contributor

I had this chat this morning with Robin (who was, like all of your people, great to deal with; no complaints about courtesy and service!!). Please read and then let me know how the removal of these three functionalities from Constant Contact makes the product better and my work easier. I would really like to know. Here is the chat: Robin F: Welcome to Constant Contact support. My name is Robin. One moment while I review your request. Robin F: Hi Matt! I can definitely help you with this. What kinds of questions do you have about merging lists and suppression lists? You: Okay, pretty straightfoward: the first is about merging. In the past, this was a very simple procedure-- you selected "Merge Lists"... you came to a screen where you had all your lists on the left and target lists on the right. You checked off the lists you wanted to merge together on the left. You checked off the one list you wanted to merge those to on the right. You clicked "Merge". Done. I don't see how to do that now. Robin F: I am so sorry, we did change this. Now, you can go to the list you want to merge, check the box to select all of the contacts, then click on Add to Lists at the top. This will merge those contacts into the list you choose. You: So if I have ten lists I'm trying to merge together, say, I have to go through that individual process 10 times? Robin F: Yes. I am so sorry! If you go down to the bottom of any page in Constant Contact, there is a Feedback link to send feedback to our developers if you wish to have them add this back in the future. You: Okay-- next question is about suppressing addresses. Often we do promotions where we like to remove anyone who bought the product in the last week before we do a followup e-mail... just so that we don't hassle them unnecessarily. Robin F: That makes sense! Some users do this... if you "tag" the contacts who have not purchased yet, you can narrow down sending your email to only the ones with the tag. This link explains exactly how tags work - https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5324-create-or-delete-a-tag Robin F: Other users temporarily remove them from their lists, but you would have to do a temporary hold for each contact, so it could take considerable time, especially if you had a lot of people who purchased your product. You: Originally, you could go to your list, click "remove contacts" and then have the option to upload a spreadsheet of names and e-mail addresses that you didn't want to send to... the system would remove those particular names from the list you were working with. Can that still be done? Robin F: Oh, that process was removed as well. You: I remembered one other question-- regarding unsubscribes. A big portion of our lists are members of our clubs. These people expect to receive newsletters and updates from us, but they periodically, inadvertently, unsubscribe themselves. Sometimes they think they are only opting out of getting promotional e-mails, but will still get the club updates... sometimes it's nothing more than a mistake. When I upload a refreshed membership list, the system will tell me, "Could not add 25 contacts because they have unsubscribed." Sorry to keep saying "in the past", but... in the past, you could then click the link and see who those unsubscribes were. Then we could contact them individually and say, "Do you really want to be unsubscribed? Or do you expect to still receive updates?" Now, it seems, I get told how many unsubscribed, but not who. Is there a way to see who those people are without doing an upload/download and cross referencing lists manually? Robin F: Ahh, yes. Now you can go to Contacts and click on Unsubcribes an export them, but be sure to include the Date Updated in the export. That way you can see who the opt-outs are and when they opted out. Robin F: Under Contacts > Activity, when it says it could not add some contacts because they were previously opted out, it is no longer clickable to see who they are. Robin F: Here is how to get people added back if they accidentally opt-out - http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5514-add-back-an-unsubscribed-contac... You: But does that export grab every unsubscribe in the history of the account? Or is there a way to see who your unsubscribes were on a particular list after the upload has happened? Robin F: It does get all of the opt-outs, and with 21,000+ this will take about 10 minutes to export. And no, sorry, you cannot see that data any longer :frown: You: So if I have a list of 21,000 unsubscribes over the last 8 years... and a list of 200 members that I just uploaded... my only option is download a list of 21,000 people and then do 200 individual name searches on the list to see who has unsubscribed. Robin F: Basically yes. But, if you export the Date Updated, then you can sort in Excel by that column Newest to Oldest, so the most recent ones will be at the top. You: It's entirely possible that someone unsubscribed last summer and we're only catching it now. So the sorting option will KIND OF work, but only marginally. You: Okay... at least I know to stop beating my head against the wall to do these things-- I'm not missing anything, the functionalities are simply not there any more. I'll save the chat and submit it as my feedback... we'll see where it goes from there, I guess. Thanks for all the time, though, Robin. I appreciate it! You: Have a good day!

Occasional Visitor
We've created a new list. We've uploaded addressed from an Excel spreadsheet. When upload is complete a message is received saying one address could not be added as they had previously unsubscribed. In order to update our accounts, manage our subscribers and build strong relationships we NEED to know who you've identified!!!
Occasional Visitor
each mail list that we use. I lmix mail lists and sometimes email selected single mails lists. You show us the emails in that list that need fixing, which is great. but I need to know which in that list need to be taken off. Because I add a new updated list everytime I email so Please add this to your wonderful service
All Star
I just imported 1552 contacts - 77 new, 1475 updated. there was also a red box with the number 66 in it. Clicking on that box tells me that 66 of my addresses were unsubscribed and could not be added. I would like a report listing those addresses so that I can bring the data back to my database. I have asked support for this in the past and was told the program doesn't have that functionality. I would appreciate it if you developed this functionality, and I believe other customers would use it as well.
Occasional Visitor
I would like to know who the unsubscribed contacts are when I unload contacts, so the process in made simple, thank you, Leanne

I just spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. I needed to know which 4 of 80+ members couldn't be added so I can contact them directly for their lunch invitation at our upcoming conference. I tried four different things to try to figure out those four - no luck!

It is very frustrating when you load your contacts and it shows you have 29 they have unsubscribed but you can't see who they are to correct your CRM status.
Visitor
When adding contacts, it would help to be able to download a list of those who could not be entered due to opt out or unsubscribed. That way we could mark internal records.
When I add names and continue, it tells me "import complete".1 name was added, 1 name was updated. Which is which? Why should I have to search and go thru another step?
Visitor
Hi, We just imported a contact list to your database. We saw that there are 10 unsubscribes unable to be added. We would like to know any way we can see the unsubscribes? Your prompt reply is appreciated. Julie
Occasional Contributor
feature was available at one time...now it's not...rather i've been told to do comparisons, which is extremely time consuming when adding/updating 6500 e-mail addresses with 800 "issues" (unsubscribes).
Frequent Visitor
Would really like to see which contacts were not imported so that I can update our database and remove them from the next upload. This used to work where we could see which ones were not uploaded. Please allow a report to see this again.
All Star
Hi, When I add a list of registrants to a seminar, sometimes the email cannot be added because the person previously unsubscribed. I will get the message but the person whose email could not be added to the new list is not identified. It is impossible to find out who this person is without comparing our list with the new list. It would help us if the email that could not be added is identified in the Activity report. Thank you. Katarina Onuschak IMEDA
All Star
When I add email addresses to a list and then I get a notification that 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 people can't be added because they have unsubscribed, YOU REALLY NEED TO SHOW WHO THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE UNSUBSCRIBED ARE!!!! I apologize for the yelling, but it's really frustrating because when I add a large list of customers, and then I have to go back manually 1, by 1, and cross check against my own list so I can phone them and provide them with the information they need that they would have received in their email. This is a HUGE waste of my time, and having this functionality would be greatly appreciated.
Regular Visitor
When I uploaded a list of contacts to Constant Contact, it told me a certain number of them were already on file and had "unsubscribed". I just chatted with Support and they said there is no report that will tell me who those people are. I will have to manually compare the list I uploaded with the list in Constant Contact.
Occasional Contributor
After uploading a list, the tool tells us that some people were not uploaded because they unsubscribed. It would be so helpful to know who those individuals were. Is there someway the team would consider listing who the individuals were, maybe when hovering over the red square with the number of unsubscribes in the Activity page? Thank you!