cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

See who is Unsubscribed

0 Votes

See who is Unsubscribed

When importing a list from a file, I see that 6 contacts did not import because they were unsubscribed. How do I know which ones they are?

481 Comments
All Star
I don't see a way to find out which e-mail addresses were not supposed to be on the list. I get a message that 4 contacts were unsubscribed, but I don't know who they were so I can correct future lists! Hate this new interfact, it is so unintuitive.
All Star
how do you find out who cancel or undiscribed.
I would like lists in the main screen, not on the left. This layout is less workable, more difficult and time-consuming.
Hi there, Just wanted to ask about an issue. I used to be able to import a list into Constant Contact, and when it was complete go to the Activity screen, look at the import job, and click on the number of errors (folks that "error out" when I'm importing a list into Constant Contact because they've previously unsubscribed) and it would give me a list of those names and emails, so I could then go back to my database and make sure we code them appropriately. And since you changed the contact management stuff, I can't do that anymore. I can see the number of errors, but no way to get those names/emails anymore. This was my double-check on catching unsubscribes (we do use the weekly updated subscriber notice report, but clearly miss a few here and there if names are erroring out when we load a list), I know I can export the contacts in a list, which I suppose could be compared with the list that we tried to import. But that's a whole lot of rigamarole to find the errors, which you clearly know who they are and used to be able to easily give me. It's a real loss of important functionality. Is there a plan to restore that functionality? Thanks.
Regular Visitor
There is no apparent way to drill down to unsubscribed names so I can remove them from my POS database.
How to I find out exports or imports for greater than a 7 day period
All Star
When adding contacts from a file, there can be an error and the contact will not be accepted. However, with the new update you get no indication as to which contact was in error.
Frequent Visitor
It takes forever to upload large .csv files. NEVER had this problem before. Some .csv files are NOT recognized so I need to save as .xls and then upload. TRIAL & ERROR. If the .xls file is larger that 1 MB - it must be broken apart and uploaded as 2 separate files. LAME! When a file is uploaded, I can't see the details of the errors of the contacts - specifically unsubscribed contacts. This feature helped us clean up our MAIN customer database which is outside of Constant Contact. RIDICULOUS that this feature is gone.
Regular Visitor
Hi, I am using the new version of adding contacts. In the past I could add 20 at a time and in the new version I was able to keep going - which was great but after I hit submit I received the following message: Import complete. There were 56 new contacts added, 12 updated, and 5 that could not be added. (Added Nov 8,/ acct is paulusorchards) In the past there was a link I could click to see who they were. There is no longer a link. I phoned customer support and the very nice lady tried for 15 minutes to see if she could see who they are but she was not able to do so either. The emails are from customers who have recently visited our business and personally gave us their address to start receiving our newsletters again. I would like to send them a short note explaining that I am not able to add them back; but that they are able to join again if they sign up directly from my web page, I'm not able to do this now so I'm missing out on a chance to reconnect with these people if I don't know who they are. Please help. Thank you. Karen Paulus Paulus Orchards
Regular Visitor
I usually pull reports monthly, and a 7-day activity list doesn't help. loss of functionality with new GUI - there's no way to identify those emails not added to a list. It will tell you how many (red box) but not the specific email to allow for clean-up. Thanks
Occasional Visitor
the system only says how many names were unsubscribed but are there any other problems with the names (like errors) or did those people just opt out?
All Star
I used to be able to run a list of people who had previously unsubscribed when I imported a list. That feature is no longer available and I'd like to have that feature developed again.
In any case, the old Constant Contact set-up used to list all those emails that could not be added. Now, I need to export a list of what was added and manually compare that to my original list to see who didn't get the email. This is very tedious when numerous emails are involved.
All Star
Cannot see who was not added to my list because they have unsubscribed. The old system used to let me click and see a list of who these people are. The new system just shows a number and tells me they were not added, but it doesn't let me see the list.
Occasional Contributor
The poor upgrade to the user interface of the activity screen erased my previous efforts. I had just created (ran a report) of the email opens before the 90 days clock ran out. The poorly implemented user new interface lost those reports. Plus - the history of reports was valuable to me as I can look at the log of report to verify I updated (removed etc) concats. It is time to roll back to the previous and better user interface. This new poor interface is a functionality step backward.
When I import contacts, I need to know which email address have unsubscribed.
I CANNOT SEE MY PAST ACTIVITY AND LONGER BEYOND 7 DAYS. WAY TOO SHORT!
I do not like the fact that you no longer reveal which contacts were not added in the process of importing. This new system is extremely cumbersome, requiring lots of clicking back and forth. It makes me want to switch to another provider, seriously!
All Star
You tell me a contact could not be added to the selected list, but no longer provide the optional pop-up to see who they are. We need this information as we follow-up with these individuals as the unsubscribe/resubscribe process in Constant Contact is so confusing to most of our citizens.
Occasional Advisor
Hi, Previously when we create an activity of bulk add contacts from our custom asp.net application we were able to see the activity status in the activity tab weather the activity status is queued or failed or completed etc... but now we are unable to see the activity itself.So my question is if we create an activity of bulk add contacts from our custom asp.net application where can we see the status?
Regular Visitor
12 names errored out as "unsubscribed, could not be added". I need access to that list so I can remove from my POS. It was available before your latest upgrade.
Occasional Contributor
I just noticed the user activity is live for 6 months not the previous standard of 3 months. This makes up for the poor new user interface AND it allows me to analysis my emails to make them work better. I tend to discover this much later after the fact so the extra time allows me to go back and retest my hypothesis about my customers habits. NICE CHANGE !!
When I upload a list I used to be able to see which contacts were not added due to being unsubscribed. I see how many were not added but I cannot see the actual names. I want to make sure I mark them unsubscribed in our database so I do not attempt to add them again.
All Star
The new release is crap. Constant Contact used to be good, but with this release there is growing evidence that your quality control is not what it used to be. 1. When importing contacts, I'm told that one contact couldn't be imported because it was unsubscribed, but it doesn't give me the name of the unsubscribed contact. 2. In My Contacts, there are duplicates email addresses! How can that be. I just went thru and cleaned out the duplicates. 3. In My Contacts, when I delete or remove a contact, the system takes me back to the letter "A" and so I have to scroll to get back to where I was in the alphabet --- 50 contacts at a time. 4. In My Contacts, I can only scroll 50 at a time. I should be able to enter a name and have the system position me to that name in the list. 5. In My Contact, the counts are incorrect. For example, my All Contacts list shows (1212), but when I open my All Contacts list it shows 1201. Steve Murphy
All Star

And we're told that this new release was "tested".  Bull crap.  Even the most basic, rudimentary testing "101" would have identified the issues listed above.

It would be helpful to have the ability to report on the red number in the activity reports that represents the people who have unsubscribed. At this point there is no way of seeing who those people are so I can't clean up my database. Thanks.
All Star
When importing information from a file, it would be nice to be able to view the contacts that have previously opted out so that I can identify them quickly. It is nice that it gives a number, but it is not useful.

Hi there, Just wanted to ask about an issue.

I used to be able to import a list into Constant Contact, and when it was complete go to the Activity screen, look at the import job, and click on the number of errors (folks that "error out" when I'm importing a list into Constant Contact because they've previously unsubscribed) and it would give me a list of those names and emails, so I could then go back to my database and make sure we code them appropriately. And since you changed the contact management stuff, I can't do that anymore. I can see the number of errors, but no way to get those names/emails anymore.

This was an important double-check on catching unsubscribes (we do use the weekly updated subscriber notice report, but clearly miss a few here and there if names are erroring out when we load a list).  I know I can export the contacts in a list, which I suppose could be compared with the list that we tried to import.  But that's a whole lot of rigamarole to find the errors, when you clearly know who they are and used to be able to easily give me.

It's a real loss of important functionality.   Please restore that functionality. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor
When I upload a list, I am then unable to see which contacts had issues during the upload (unsubscribes for example) and there is no way to easily determine who from your importing list was not imported to the list. HOW FRUSTRATING! Please help.
You need to help identify what contacts fail on import. Either the line number in the file or the last good import. Have spent 2 days trying to track what you cannot identify. The only other way is hand entry for each contact and that is NOT a solution.
Occasional Contributor
Request correction: After uploading a contact list to Constant Contact, you can view a list of emails with errors. Please include a list of emails that we were trying to upload that are "unsubscribed" on Constant Contact. This would be most beneficial to help us update our main database so it reconciles with our Constant Contact database.
All Star
System no longer shows reason contact unsubscribed or if it does, show me where to find it. It's not unusual for our contacts to say they never unsubscribed, so when I see one unsubscribed I always call to verify if they really did. In the past sometimes an unsubscribed member would indicate a reason and therefore I would not need to call for verification....saving me the time and saving bothering them when they already said the reason. Now I have no way of knowing and am forced to call all of them. Not good PR.
Regular Visitor
Some of the contacts I tried to add could not be added, but I was unable to find out which ones. I need to know that so I can contact these people. I am still having major problems trying to get emails back on our contact list once they have been removed. If any improvements needed to be made, that's the most important one!!
Frequent Visitor
I don't always have time to address errors to uploaded contact lists. I just notice that I don't have access to any Activity reports further than 7 days ago.
Occasional Contributor
Dear CC, Why did you remove from unsubscribed contacts the delineation of who removed the contact? ("Site Owner" or "Contact") This was a valuable tool for managing my list, because many times I would remove a contact (perhaps because email was no longer valid) but then I re-connect with that person somewhere and get another email addy... but then I don't know whether I originally took him/her off, or if they did. And... I respect someone's wishes to be off if they chose to unsubscribe, so I don't want to re-add them in these cases -- even if they re-connected with me. Simple, simple little piece of info, that should NOT have been removed by you guys in the updating...! J. Courshon
Established Member
I wish you would bring back the following feature: When you import a new list if there are contacts on that list that have previously unsubscribed the system constant contact will list the email addresses out so you know exactly who has opted out. I do recieve your emails on a daily basis that tell me who my opt-in's and opt-outs were but sometimes i may miss them and this is a much easier way to make sure i have updated everyone in my CRM system. I do not like that now it only gives you a Red Number of how many contacts from this newly imported list has opted out but you don't know who without having to do extensive research.
Occasional Contributor
PLEASE show the name that was not added after import is complete (like before) Too tedious to compare my spreadsheet with the contact list to find just one name.
A cute little red box that tells me the quantity of errors in an import list, as compared to actually telling me what the errors are, is not an improvement. This 'upgrade' gives me no usable information to act on. But the little red box looks really pretty...
All Star
Now I'm not able to see which of the email addresses I just uploaded to a new Email Group are the "unsubscribed" ones. We've had many customers show up as unsubscribed that didn't mean to and I send them a direct email to re-subscribe for our lists. We don't spam to random people. We are a summer camp and these are only emails that go to our campers and their families. I don't think it's right to take away something that we've been used to. We pay alot of money every month for Constant Contact and we should have the option of seeing which of our newest uploads are on the unsubscribed list. Contact me for any information at 416-924-7433. Thanks for considering my frustration.
I offer a discount to those customers on my mailing list. When an import has failures due to an opted out email address, I have always had a list of those failures, so I can stop offering them a discount as an email list member in my POS. The import completed this morning no longer shows any details of which entries were new, updates, or failures. This is important information to me and I'd like to see it put back the way it used to work.
Frequent Visitor
please DISPLAY the contact that could NOT be added. i need to know WHO so i can send them instructions on how to add themselves back in.
Occasional Contributor
We need the ability to specifically see who is already an opted out unsubscriber within the Activity Log report after importing a set of contacts.
Occasional Contributor
I just added a list of thousands of contacts. 46 of those are apparently unsubscribed, yet I can't see who those 46 are so that I can remove them from my import list, so this is going to happen every time. Please let us see who those contacts are - like it used to be - so I can correct the issue.
Frequent Visitor
We are unable to find our Unsubscribes for November. We have have had these email addresses come through in the Opt Out section in our weekly reports, and then usually remove these from the Unsubscribed section under Contacts, but no addresses have been coming up for November. The latest email addresses we can find are from Oct 30. We are waiting for someone to get back to us about this.
Visitor
After importing my contact list, I am told there are 2 people who could not be added. No where does it tell me why, how to fix this or who they are.
I've been switched to the new Contact Management platform and noticed that I can no longer view the errors/unsubscribed from my activity after I upload/update contacts. In the other version you could click after the upload and see what emails were unsubscribed or in error. This is extremely helpful especially to correct emails or to check if someone has unsubscribed. Because CC sometimes opts-out people on my own staff, in error, it helps me to know who I need to follow-up with to get them back on our mailing lists. Thank you, Lauren Thompson (I manage 4 separate CC accounts)
When I uploaded lists in the past any contact that had an issue was easily displayed on the activity screen. Now all I see is the number of contacts that had an issue but the individual contacts are not identified. Can we bring the list of contacts that had an issue back? It made it really easy to figure out why someone wasn't making it into my lists.
Visitor
I want to be able to download ALL errors upon upload (including those who have previously unsubscribed!) so that I can update my database offline.
Visitor
When the orange square appears showing # not added, want to drill into a report from that screen to see who was not added and why.
Occasional Visitor
I am sad that I can no longer access the great info that used to be provided on the activity page. I used to be able to see which contacts did not import and why. This allowed me to fix any typos and resubmit those names. It also allowed me to apprise my sales managers if there was someone that they would have communicate by phone with. Please bring back this info!