cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

See who is Unsubscribed

0 Votes

See who is Unsubscribed

When importing a list from a file, I see that 6 contacts did not import because they were unsubscribed. How do I know which ones they are?

481 Comments
When I resend and chose that you resend to only the new contacts added since last' initial' send It is important that I see the actual ones that it will go to. Now all I see is that it is sent to a quantity of contacts. It would be good to see who they are!

I am managing a member list and when I can't see who has unsubscribed it is impossible to manage them and follow up.  Almost every time it is because they are inadvertently unsubscribed and WANT to be added back. If I don't know who they are they miss very important emails that they are unhappy to have missed.  This needs to be brought back. 

The unsubscribed list needs to add the unsubscribed date otherwise one has to check each one to tell if they have been removed from the list VERY POOR REPORTING ON THE E-MAIL ACTIVITY

WHEN DO ANY OF OUR POSTS ACTUALLY RECEIVE A RESPONSE??????

Regular Visitor
It would be helpful if Constant Contact could retain the lists that an unsubscribed contact was on, in order to make sure that any one particular list or source is generating a higher than normal number of unsubscribe requests.
Occasional Visitor
I would like to see the opt outs on my Activity page. Since they don't want my emails they may not want other forms of communication as well. I don't want to send them anything that is unwelcome. Thank you.
From time to time, people opt out of getting our emails, and then want to be back on the email list. With the new redesign, I can't see who isn't added to our email list, and therefore can't talk them through opting in to our list again.
All Star
We need to know who are opted out/unsubscribed. Otherwise we loose track of our members in the excel-sheet we have as master for our addresses in Germany. Best regards, Magne Bell
Is this posted somewhere else now?
Visitor
I uploaded a list and it says that two contacts could not be added - it does not tell me which two - how do I find this?
Contributor
Some names that appear on my Weekly Contact/Subscriber activity email do not show in my primary (main) subscriber email list. When I check that subscriber's contact profile the email list to which they subscribed is not included in their email lists section. This is a problem.
Established Member
It is very time consuming to have to click inside each sent email to view it's unsubscribe report. I need to be able to view unsubscribe reports for multiple emails at the same time. Using the current set up, if I send 8 emails a month, the only way I can see the reason someone unsubscribed is to click through and view 8 individual unsubscribe reports. There should be a separate unsubscribe reporting area, that functions much like the contacts section, where it shows ALL unsubscribes (including reason); allows you to filter by date of unsubscribe, associated email campaign, etc; and export.
In the past I could easily see at a glance how many new users were added to a mail list, how many unsubscribed and how many were were just bad addresses I removed. This new reporting doesn't have than info any more. At least not in an easy to use easy to see manner. Every time I use CC lately i become less and less happy with the site and the service. I will be looking at other services.
Frequent Visitor
Would like more detail, as was available in the old system, for contact imports with issues. Now I get only" This job had ## issues: ## contacts were un-subscribed and could not be added to a list." Would like to see the address to ensure that my external list is up to date. This message was received in a bulk upload of contacts from a spreadsheet.
Frequent Visitor
We need to know which email addresses you deem "Unsubscribes" are still on our internally maintained contact lists. There is no way to see which unsubscribes are being rejected by your system. We would like to delete them but there is no way to obtain this information now.
Until now, I was able to see the name, email address, and reason for each person unsubscribing. Is it a bug, that My Reports indicates that 1 person unsubscribed, but when I click on Unsubscribed, the listing shows nobody?
I'm importing a list of multiple email contacts from an Excel file. The contacts signed up in-store for a special promotional event and gave us permission to email them now. They previously unsubscribed to one of our emails in the past... but we now have written permission to email them. How do I see which contacts are being rejected when I import a list because they previous unsubscribed? And how do I tell Constant Contact to remove them from the unsubscribed list and allow them to be emailed again? There needs to be some way for me (the business) to re-activate unsubscribed emails instead of having to contact the customer and make them re-submit their email online... having to contact the customer and forcing them to perform a process in order to allow them to receive email from us might be considered a hassle to some. Our first priority to our customer is for them to have an easy and pleasant experience with us. They should simply be able to tell us that we can email them again and let us do all the work to make it happen! Making the customer work for what they want is very poor customer service!!!

Today, the next day, I retried. And now I DO see the name and email address of the person who opted out. So it was either a momentary problem or was fixed.  Regards, Rick

Regular Visitor
I hate this format. I can't find out what groups they were in previously. I want the old format back where I could find out what is going on. Why would you remove something so necessary?
All Star
This is a crucial feature for our work!! We do giveaways and sometimes people will unsubscribe between the time they enter the giveaway and the time they have won. If they are chosen as a winner, we need to know that they have unsubscribed b/c we will remove them from the winners list since we have no way to communicate with them. PLEASE BRING THIS FEATURE BACK ASAP.
All Star
I used to be able to see which users weren't added during a list upload because they opted out. This was really helpful on my end for accurate record keeping for those that may slip through. Thank you for your help. Luke Santoro Tilton School Admissions
Occasional Contributor
This feature is broken in so many ways and I hate it compared to how it used to work. 1. The upload identifys a certain number of emails couldn't be uploaded because they had unsubscribed. I just did one that said 9 emails couldn't be uploaded. However, when I went through the AWFUL process of downloading the entire unsubscribe list and then having to do a VLOOKUP match in excell to figure out which ones might not have uploaded. There were only 3 on my list that had problems. Again....how can we manage lists if a) The numbers aren't accurate b) The process to idenfity the problems requires a multistep process. YOU ARE SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACTING PRODUCTIVITY DUE TO THESE CRAZY WORK AROUNDS. Please get this fixed!
All Star
I was previously able to see which contacts could NOT be added after a upload... this is no longer possible. Please could you return this option to the software. Thanks Lucy Coker
Occasional Visitor
This new System Is horrible. the old way was much easier
Occasional Visitor
Hi With the old interface, you could export the contacts that have unsubscribed from your list each time you uploaded new contact data. This was really useful for cleaning my original data with each upload. However this is not possible for some reason. Could you have this feature readded? Thanks KH
Occasional Contributor
With the old layout, it was easy to see all the info I needed at a glance or two. Now updating is clumsy, I can't find key info like Title, and half the screen is taken up with a list of what emails were sent and opened that I only need occasionally. Is it possible for me to customize the view to have the first screen for each contact show the info I use most often?
Occasional Visitor
Also would like to see/know who in ALL, is on hold & needs to be placed on an email list.
AES
In the past after adding emails I could see the details on any errors. My latest upload indicates that I have 8 errors due to Opt-Outs but I cannot see who these are? In the prior release I could see this. This is a MAJOR STEP backward. In fact so many of the latest updates have negatively impacted the use of this site
Occasional Contributor
When adding a contact list, it would be very helpful if Constant Contact provided a list of the contacts NOT added because they had previously unsubscribed or opted out of getting emails from our company. We used to get that with the old contact management system, and it was extremely helpful.
Occasional Contributor
It would be very helpful to provide some sort of visual cue that a particular contact is "unsubscribed", so that if, for example, we look at the contacts for a certain organization (we are B2B), we can see at a glance which contacts are unsubscribed. Perhaps their contact info can be in red, visible when shown in the list of matches for the organization, or their status can be in red, for example when we select a specific contact to review their past activity. Alternatively, a yellow highlight on their name field would be a good option, or some other way of flagging them so that they're easy to see right off the bat. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor
When uploading it would be really helpful to be able to see who has unsubscribed so we can make sure not to include them in any future uploads.
Visitor
On the Reports screen, where it tells you how many unsubscribes you have, it would be wonderful to have that a clickable link so you can actually see who the unsubscribes are. It would make it faster than having to search the contacts for that particular unsubscribed email, and then having to click on that email in order to see that they are truly unsubscribed.
Frequent Visitor
Not sure why this feature was taken away with the new design.. but please add it back. It is very convenient, when adding a file with hundreds of new trade show leads, to easily be able to see who has unsubscribed so my sales reps can focus on the many others who have NOT unsubscribed... Please bring back this feature... Thanks!
Frequent Visitor
After uploading contacts, cannot obtain list of those rejected as unsubscribes. Please correct.
I just uploaded my 18 renewal lists. 6 of my renewal lists reflect current members in my organization. Constant Contact does not have a way for me to see who has unsubscribed when I upload a list...thus I can not call the current active member of our organization and fix the problem. Many unsubscribe to one email such as conference emails because they think, "I will not be going to the conference," but don't realize that they are actually unsubscribing from all emails. We no longer have a way to make corrections. The new Constant Contact is also falling short in a number of list management areas including the ability to select multiple lists using a check box and clear the contacts from multiple lists at once. The new Constant Contact has so far been very disappointing for our organization. It has less direct marketing functionality than the former version. really a shame.
Occasional Contributor
How do I find out who was not added (opted out) Please bring back the feature! Message after importing contacts: This job had 1 issue: One contact was un-subscribed and could not be added to a list.
Occasional Contributor
Activity used to tell me if there was any problem with an input from a file. I don't see where this new??? format will do that.
Advisor
Agreed! This feature WAS useful and important to us, but now we have no way to know who isn't getting our emails. Please bring back this feature!
Occasional Contributor
When someone unsubscribes from our general list, and then resubscribes by paying online through EventSpot, I receive NO notification that they are not on the list, even though they opted to be on the list, and paid for it! So they pay for something, don't get any emails from us, and email me understandably angry and wondering what is going on. Please help!
Visitor
Why would Constant Contact take away a valuable report that their clients use and then make you "vote" for it to maybe get it back? Doesn't make sense. Please bring back the formatting that allowed the user of your site to manage their lists. I need to know who has unsubscribed so I can make notes in the database to quit trying to email them....
Visitor
Thank you so much for making it difficult to manage our own lists through your site. Can you please tell me the 16 emails that were unsubcribed users on the list that I just uploaded? That would be helpful so I could contact them in other methods. Can you also provide me with the bounce lists with the reasons for the bounce so I can determine if those people should be removed from my lists? Argh.....why did you change what didn't need to be fixed?
When I add/update a group of emails to a list from my database, I used to be able to access a list of opted out emails that I used to keep my database current. I can now see how many opted out emails I tried to add, but not which ones they are. This was a quick way to keep my database up to date in small batches rather than the longer opt out list. Thanks
Regular Visitor

TO CONSTANT CONTACT:  I do not expect you to change back to the old contacts page, that is fine, this new way does have it's advantages. However, we MUST be able to see who has previously unsubscribed. I cannot believe you have removed this feature!! You are constantly reminding us to keep our lists current, remove bounces, keep a clean list, etc but yet we cannot see who previoulsy unsubscribed so we can update this on our end in our own databases. How is this better? Please add this feature back -- after we upload a list and go to the activity screen, allow us to see who has previously unsubscribed! THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUES YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING TO FIX RIGHT NOW. Thank you.

All Star
In the old interface, when you imported a list of contacts, you had the ability to see those that unsubscribed on the Activity screen. This feature has been removed and now it's impossible to see who is un-subscribed to a specific list. I have several large lists and now I can't tell who unsubscribed from which list. Please bring back this feature. Forums list many who are crying for this to be returned!!!
Visitor
This is such a huge waste of time re thinking that new marketing sight. We average 100 to 200 new e-mails a week. I do not have time for this. My customers want answers to why they can't receive e-mails.What do I tell them? Our Market prides it's self on our personal relationships with our customers and when they have a problem we solve it. So please help us, help our customers with a solution to this nonsense once and for all.
Hi all, I don't understand why the Contacts - Activity page was changed. It used to show a list of imports and exports with the date, link to details etc. Now it seems to only show 1 week of activity?? Why take away that information? At least give us the ability to look past 1 week. Thank you. Terry
Occasional Visitor
When I import contacts from a list that I have exported from my CRM your system tells me that there are "x" number that are unsubscribed and could not be added. It would be nice if there was a list of which contacts those were so that I can double check our CRM and update it accordingly.
Regular Visitor
I have over 5000 contacts, but i'm not seeing where i can load them to your site, otherwise the only option i'm seeing here is manually to add them, which will take forever, what's the solution here?
All Star
Why can't you list the errors after an import? This program is suppose to help me not waste my time!
Frequent Visitor
When viewing the Activity screen after adding contacts to a list, if the numbered red box is selected to review the job issues, and the issue concerns unsubscribed contacts, it would be helpful to list the e-mail addresses of the unsubscribed contacts that could not be added to the list. This is necessary for our internal auditing purposes and will aid us in finding alternate methods for disseminating vital information to our clients. Thanks.