cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Permission in bulk

Set Permission in bulk

I already checked the permission box - why is it asking me again. It makes NO SENSE.

99 Comments
Status changed to: New

Thanks Peter! If you are adding contacts one at a time you will have to give permission to mail to each one since you can now have contacts in the account that you don't mail to but I understand how this process could be made quicker for you!
The old system would tell you if a contact has previously opted out. This one doesn't so when I'm entering a group I don't know which ones made it on the list and which did not.
Occasional Contributor
This is doesn't make sense. Everything about your program makes sense EXCEPT for the easiest task. Now that I've added 5 emails I can't figure out how to make them Active. Even if I had to wait to get permission it should be easy to mark them once I do (they won't have given me their emails if they didn't give me permission).
Hi Sharon, I'm sorry to hear of this difficulty. When you add the contacts you have the option to check that you have permission to email them. You do not have to check this option but you must check that you have permission when you want to add them to a list. The list option only appears after you've checked permission. These steps are now part of the system so you can keep contacts in the account that you don't email or contacts with other details.
Thanks for posting. Are you wanting to see this information when you import new contacts? If so, the error on import will tell you how many contacts were unsubscribed.
Frequent Visitor

why now do i have to check that I have permission every time I add a contact. It is my list, of course I have permission. You are making things harder, not easier.

Thanks for this feedback!
The new Add A New Contact page is less useful for us, to say the least. We just found out that contacts we added may not have been put on a list because we did not know to check the permission button. Huge waste of time. And the default fields are worthless to us. We don't care about Job Title or Company. We need City, State, Zip and those are buried somewhere under an "Add" button. We don't use tags or Notes. At the very least make checking the permission button a requirement for the contact to save and make the fields that appear on this page customizable.
When adding contacts with the Add A New Contact page, why would the default email list not come up by default when you click the permission button?