cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Permission in bulk

Set Permission in bulk

I already checked the permission box - why is it asking me again. It makes NO SENSE.

99 Comments
Status changed to: New
Thanks for this feedback. The reason for the permission button is so that you can keep contacts in the account that you don't want to mail to. There is a popup asking if you will be mailing to them if you don't check off that you have permission to email them. What information are you looking to import with your contacts? Have you tried out the "Add Names and Emails" option?
Hi Matthew, Are you adding a single contact when this happens?
Occasional Visitor
Would be good also to be able to compare lists next to each other.
I have been working with Constant Contact for about 5-8 years (not sure how long but a long time) and I hate this new contact section. I can't delete a list and I have no idea how to set permission for a whole list instead of individually. No way am I going thru 1500 contacts individually to set permissions.
Occasional Participant
What is the "No permissions set" list based on? I'm going through each name individually to reset permissions, which is a waste of time. (It was very helpful to see whether a contact was self-added or added by our staff; the new interface doesn't seem to have this information.)
Visitor
I have members that are expecting to receive their newsletters and other information but haven't checked their permission and now think I have dropped them. I have sent the permission letter multiple time but they still don't understand. How can I get them their news?
Hi Carol- Do you have an example of one of these contacts? The permission status can be changed when you re-import the contacts. This is something you select while adding contacts to indicate that you can email them. You can have contacts in the account you can't email. once a contact has unsubscribed you are not able to email them again. Could this be what is happening?
CTCT Employee
Thank you for this suggestion, Paula.
CTCT Employee
You can see if there are contacts that need their permissions adjusted. If you have the category of "No Permissions Set" on the left, under All, Active and Unsubscribed, then there are contacts to be adjusted. If it is not there, then all contacts with email addresses have had their permissions set.