cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Permission in bulk

Set Permission in bulk

I already checked the permission box - why is it asking me again. It makes NO SENSE.

75 Comments

Thanks for sharing this feedback, Bert. 

It would be nice if when I tick off a name there were more options than Quick Send and Delete. Would you please add Unsubscribe to that list. That would save me clicking on the name, permission to send and then click on unsubscribe and then contacts to go back to enter another name. If I have alot of names to do it becomes more time consuming than the way it was done before the change. Thanks
CTCT Employee

You can change a contact's permission by: 

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts.
  2. Search or browse for the contact you need to edit.
  3. Click the contact information that appears on the screen. 
  4. Click the email address you want to edit.
  5. Click "Permission to send" as it appears above the Save button.
  6. Choose one of the following options from the drop-down:
    • I have permission to send email - Contacts in this status can be added to email lists, receive emails and will contribute to your billing. 
    • Unsubscribed - Contacts in this status will be removed from any email lists, won't be able to receive emails, will not effect your billing, and cannot be added back into your account unless they re-subscribe through a sign up tool.
    • Temporary Hold - Don't email - These contacts remain on your lists, continue to contribute to your billing, but won't get your emails as long as you keep them in this status. You can take them out of this status at any time.
  7. Click Save.

Thanks for posting. When a Contact opts out of your emails they are automatically unsubscribed from your account. You are welcome to remove people from your end as well by changing the Permission to Send option to Unsubscribed. This will make sure you are in compliance with all spam laws. 

Thanks for sharing this feedback! 

CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have more information or feedback to give us! And stay tuned for changes to come.

Visitor
The new layout created a "chasing of the tail". There should be an unsubscribe button in the contact page. I have to go through hoops to get to the right spot. This is a negative on the new platform. Especially how companies are held to legal standards. Help up be better communicators and allow the unsubscribe options to be seen easily!
CTCT Employee

This is great feedback. Thank you. Currently, you can unsubscribe a contact by:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts.
  2. Search or browse for the contact you need to edit.
  3. Click the contact information that appears on the screen. 
  4. Click the email address you want to edit.
  5. Click "Permission to send" as it appears above the Save button.
  6. Choose Unsubscribed from the drop-down.
  7. Click Save.

I am sorry to hear of thei frustration but appreciate your feedback. 

Thanks for this feedback!

Frequent Visitor
I missed the check box to say I have permission to email these people when I added new addresses to our list. I now have over 70 email addresses I have to go in to 1 by 1 to update the permission setting for them. There should be a way to do them all at once.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thanks for the feedback! We value your opinion and want to give you the features and tools you want, like this one. I think this would help a lot of our customers. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more details or feedback to give us!

Thanks for this feedback!

Regular Visitor
Adding 90 new individuals (with permission) took me almost two hours to complete - there MUST be a way to do this in multiple batches...
Visitor
why does the system show "unsubscribed" when I have permission from the recipient to add his name and email to our contact list? This feature is too annoying to even want to discuss with you on the phone. I've tried to delete the name & address and reenter it but the system will not allow for this. I have many names who never receive our CC emails yet I have tried to add them to our contacts list many times, Your system allows for some good stuff but this email addition form really sucks. PeterP
Occasional Contributor
still says i don't have permission for some of my contacts that i've been sending to for years. ALL of my contacts are permission based, signed up for by my customers request. there MUST BE A WAY TO FIX THIS WITHOUT HAVING TO LOOK THROUGH 1000 CONTACTS ONE AT A TIME WITH YOUR GOOFY SYSTEM!!!
Regular Visitor
Please give us the ability to grant permission to multiple people at the same time. We have 34 people in the "No permissions set" list and we want to grant them all permission and assign them to a List. But I can't do all of them at once, I have to open up each one individually and set their permission and assign them to a List. PITA!
CTCT Employee

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about the Permission Set option.  Our engineers have been made aware that customers would like a way to update this with a bulk action, so please stay tuned! 

If you have any other questions feel free to reply back or give our support a call at 866-289-2101. Constant Contact’s Phone Support is available Monday – Thursday: 7a.m. – 11p.m. ET, Friday: 7a.m. – 9p.m. ET and Saturday – Sunday: 10a.m. – 8p.m. ET.

Use Live Chat or other Support options by visiting: https://ui.constantcontact.com/support/index.jsp

Occasional Visitor
Constant Contact has always been easy to use on your own without having to get help. However your new system for unsubscribing was impossible to figure out. I had to call and get instructions. However, since this is a procedure I only do a few times a year, I doubt I will be able to remember the steps to do it on my own next time. Please create an obvious link to unsubscribe someone that is logical and easy to follow.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
@EveW1 Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback Eve! Please continue to vote for other ideas you think would be helpful. If you have any questions about the new feature don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. Our support team is available at 866-289-2101. Constant Contact’s Phone Support is available Monday – Thursday: 7a.m. – 11p.m. ET, Friday: 7a.m. – 9p.m. ET and Saturday – Sunday: 10a.m. – 8p.m. ET. Use Live Chat or other Support options by visiting: https://ui.constantcontact.com/support/index.jsp
Visitor
You need to add "unsubscribe" as an action that can be applied to multiple contacts at once if you select the check box next to each contact, just like delete.
Status changed to: Voting Open

It would be VERY helpful to mass unsubscribe from contact management field. Let's say I want to unsubscribe all "Craig's." I could search Craig and if 20 names pop up I want to select all and then unsubscribe them. Now I have to export list and then import as unsubscribed...too many steps.

Occasional Contributor
There needs to be a simple way to unsubscribe a list of contacts. If a user has thousands of contacts, unsubscribing one at a time it not practical. There needs to be a feature you you can paste in emails and click unsubscribe and you can quickly and easily unsubscribe all at once.
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - No Action