Show which contacts were updated during file import

When you load new contacts, it lets you know how many of those were updated. If it knows this, it should be able to show you who specifically was updated with the new upload.

37 Comments
chrisn74
Rookie

Show which Contacts/email addresses were Updated and which were New

PhilP2
Brand Visionary
Did the activity status (i.e., how many were added, updated, etc.) that now only fleetingly flashes on the screen before disappearing after adding contacts always disappear too quickly to see? It would be nice if it displayed on the screen rather than having to click the Activity link to see how many were added, etc.
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @PhilP2  thanks for sharing this feedback with us! The activity status pop-up does flash on the screen before it is no longer visible. You can however still see this information under the Activity Page of your contacts. How and where would you expect this information to display on your page instead?

CulturalCouncilPBC
Brand Influencer

It would be helpful if more detail could be provided on the activity screen. To be more specific (though other activities may lend themselves to other details) - when importing a list of contacts to add them to a list (or multiple), it would be very helpful to be able to look back and see exactly which lists they were added to. All it tells me now is "Imported: # contacts (# new, # updated)."

PaulH0998
Rookie

8 years since this thread started and there is still no way to see which contacts were updated during an upload. 

AshleyR839
Rookie

@Constant Contact - how can I see which contacts were updated during an upload? I need to be able to check and ensure they were properly updated, I can't just trust that the software imported my file perfectly....

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi everyone. Thank you all so much for taking the time to explain your use cases of why and how you would expect to see which contacts were updated during a file import. We’ve compiled and discussed much of this feedback you’ve shared internally. We apologize at this time there are no immediate developments pertaining to this request, but we are continuing to share the feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More