Sign-Up Forms Privacy Disclaimer Design Suggestion

0 Votes
I suggest moving the privacy disclaimer outside of the signup box. This is very distracting and I feel it would make people question hitting the sign up button. If it is at the bottom of the page similar to how I found this "Have Feedback?" link, this would be seen and not distract or interrupt a client's desire to sign up for email updates from any business. Thank you for taking this into consideration! Looking forward to your response.
6 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @mkein. Are you looking for a layout similar to how our Landing Pages are organized with the permission information located below the Sign Up button?

2019-12-09_15-53-36.png 

mkein
Rookie

Yes I am talking about it looking more like this! However, I am also thinking this privacy note could be outside of the signup box and at the bottom of the page rather than in the box. It doesn't look clean to me. It looks like a lot of writing. Thank you for your consideration!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Since we are permission-based, the text in this area allows the contact to fully understand what they are signing up to receive. It also protects you as it contains language that says the contact is giving you permission to contact them and it's not being hidden at the bottom of a page. But I can see how this could be improved design-wise. I'll open this up for voting and I'd like to see what other customers may be thinking or what ideas they may have!

KarenS6923
Rookie

I’d like to be able to modify the wording. As a non-profit the word marketing is a turn off. Our goal is to build awareness around acetaminophen poisoning. The use of the word marketing is misleading. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @KarenS6923. You can change the default fine print through your account settings

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

At this time, we do not have plans to allow the privacy disclaimer to be moved on sign-up forms. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More