DaveG7

Simple list subscribe and redirect

I want to do something I assumed would be crazy simple, but Support tells me can't be done within Constant Contact.

All I want to do is this:

Embed an email address box and Submit button on an existing webpage.  Have that email captured to a new list within our Constant Contact account and redirect the user to our database driven signup page.

Surely someone has created something so simple even if Constant Contact won't do it for us?

Any help greatly appreciated. If this really requires serious programming, happy to pay for your services.

Thanks.

DaveG7

Re: Simple list subscribe and redirect

PS: We use Wordpress for the content part of the site, so it could either be a WP-based or a straight up HTML solution.

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Hi Dave,

That's something you would be able to do with our API. API stands for Application Programming Interface and it allows you to create, program and control your own sign up box to Constant Contact. You can get more info on the API at the Developer Network or in their forums.

This does require advanced programming and you could check the forums for assistance or go to our MarketPlace for a Solution Provider who would be able to help.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
RosalindM.
Topics: 46
Blog Posts: 17
Solutions: 7

[ Edited ]

Hi -

Just to jump in here, I asked our AppConnect Integration Manager Dave what he'd suggest to your post and he said:

"I think there is an out of the box WordPress plugin that will do what they want to do: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/constant-contact-signup-form-widget/

If that doesn’t do exactly what they want, we can direct them to the developer of that to help them customize it: http://www.katzwebservices.com/"

Hope that doesn't confuse matters?

Ros

Rosalind Morville
Senior Social Support & Community Manager
Occasional Advisor
JonathanS51

[ Edited ]

We just released a brand new tool out there for Constant Contact users called ccQuick (www.ccquick.com).

It's a great tool that allows you to create and configure subscribe boxes for your websites and then easily put the box on your site with a simple piece of code. 

Check it out!

Hannah_M
Topics: 201

Hi Jonathan,

I tested out your link and it doesn't seem to be directing correctly, I get an Unknown Host error. Can you try re-sharing?

Have you checked out our Marketplace? This might be a great tool to have listed there. We do have an application if this is something you are interested in, check it out!

Thanks for posting,

Hannah McClure
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor
JonathanS51

Hi there. Thanks a lot. The link did get screwed up. The correct link is here: www.ccquick.com

I am currently in the process of getting ccQuick registered in the applications directory. I'm excited to see this tool make subscription easier. 

Regular Visitor
JamieV29

I signed up and paid for the upgraded version and it is not giving me the added features. Is this up and working or still in beta?

Occasional Advisor
JonathanS51

Hi Jamie,

I actually just sent you an email as well. The account should now have upgraded functionality. We are looking into what happened. Apologies.

Regular Visitor
JamieV29

Thanks! I would highly suggest using this solution. The support is great. Took me 5min to reach someone. Works with Optimizepress !