cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Slow while adding contacts

Slow while adding contacts

take very long to add a contact. buffers forever!!!!

153 Comments
Locking up when I select a list for the contact to be added, and then try to click Apply
Occasional Visitor
When I add more than 100 contacts,. I have to go into the Contact area, which is OK. But then when I've got everything done, pasted my email addresses and tagged them and specified what list to add them to - then the whole system freezes (on both this and my old computer) and I have to start again. This sucks. So does the WYSIWYG editor in the emails - the formatting goes completely wonky at random. Today I was hitting "delete" and it was ADDING LINES. This is not feedback asking you to contact me - it's feedback asking you to improve your product. Also I don't really want to post this to the public forum, but you don't give me another option (that sucks, too).
Occasional Visitor
Have had to refresh multiple times. Have had to re-input records multiple times before it saves. Save does not always do anything. I've not have any of these problems before, and I'm not experiencing similar problems in other software that I'm using or other websites.
My screen seems to freeze up.

Hi Helen,

Can you tell me more about how you were updating? Did you import a file or were you just adding information to one contact?

Also, what browser and version are you working in?

New contact upload is incredibly slow - a five minute job has now taken over 20 and still incomplete.
Frequent Visitor
And the reporting now loads extremely slow. Is there an option to go back to the "classic" view?

Hi Clint,

I am sorry to hear this is happening. What browser & version are you working in when this happens?

Contributor
It takes me 55 sec. to add one existing contact to an existing list! Seriously?! This spinning wheel is driving me nuts! This new system is sooooooo slow.
Frequent Visitor
This is absolutely painful to deal with. I just spent 30 minutes updating 17 contacts. All I was doing was switching which list they belong to. 1 simple change each, 17 contacts, 30 minutes. You really need to give people the option to use the older version or better yet, just go back to it. I can get use to change and figuring out where things are. I can't make this not waste my time.
Regular Visitor
CC so slow that I am looking for another service for this work. Paying hourly people to manipulate 1000+ records and seeing them wait seconds for lists to load or changes to be saved is driving me crazy. Need a service with 21st Century technology. At least add a "Save All" button.
Occasional Visitor
When I click Apply nothing happens

Sorry to hear this is happening. Can you tell me more about the browser and version you are working in when this happens? 

Also, to clairfy, are you just pasting in email addresses or are you including other information too?

Occasional Visitor
I do not like the new way to add contacts. Way easier the old way. It gets stuck a lot and I have to start over. No happy with this change.
The new contact management interface is incredibly cumbersome and slow. It appears that every change made to contacts through the contact management interface is a separate database call. The wheel spins every time. It now takes me twice as long to move contacts between groups as it did with the previous interface. Will there be any performance improvement to this interface? Were any customers involved in the design of this new interface?
Was adding a name and the entire screen went black The little wheel seems to be going around but screen is black.
Frequent Visitor
We are not having problems with our computers. The website also freezes and causes me to lose input info.
I'm finding that when adding/removing contacts from lists, it takes a really long time to update. While it's saving my changes, my Firefox always shows "not responding" and it hangs for up to 30 seconds. It's so slow and it's really frustrating.
Occasional Participant

The new process for adding contacts is ridiculous. It takes forever and this could not have happened at a worse time. I have spent most of my day updating contacts only to find out that the information isn't showing up where it's supposed to. This took 95% longer than it should have or than it would have a week ago with the old system.

Why can I no longer add contacts from my large database? And when I delete columns that I don't need to import, it takes forever to import? Can we go back to the old way or do I need to find another company?
Regular Visitor
Called in a week or two ago and reported it, still not fixed. I can't access the system at all. Satchie Carvounis Satchie@sentinelpa.com
Status changed to: New
Thank you all for this feedback. Can you help provide some more information for us to troubleshoot? -What browser/version are you working in? -Which method are you using to add contacts? -Are you seeing a spinning wheel? If so, where? Thank you!
Won't let me upload an xls file
All Star
After selecting the contact lists in which you wish to add the new contact it does not finish and seems to be stopped after hitting add.
Honored Contributor

Hi Stachie,

I'm sorry to hear this is still happening for you.

What browser(s) have you tried?

We're not seeing this happening to anyone else. Please let me know and I'd be happy to take a further look into this for you.

All Star
After hitting "apply," the screen goes dark and I have to hit "refresh" and keep trying again. I've been having trouble adding contacts for a couple of weeks. Help! Thank you.
it is tedious and very slow. One at a time is really hard.
All Star

Cannot add new contact. Screen blacks out and does not load after info is typed in and ADD button is selected.

I've been waiting for contacts to upload. It's been pending for nearly 30 minutes.
Honored Contributor

Hi Carla,

I see that you spoke with one of our reps back on the 19th when you posted this here. It looks like this was resolved. If there's anything else we can assist with, please let us know!

HI SusieB2 ,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. Can you help with some additional information:

What browser/version are you working in?

How many contacts are you adding?

Are you adding them by pasting into the Add Names and Emails box or another way?

I did some testing in your account from Chrome (I created a new list as to not alter your account) but I can't replicate any slowness. Thanks for your help!

Please - Make it faster or give us the option to revert back to the older version.

WAY TO SLOW SINCE THE CONVERSION TO THE NEW FORMAT. WHY???

Occasional Visitor
I do not like your new system for adding lists. It is bulky and slow. It is now obvious as to how to make it work, and whatever configurations you are using seems to make the process go slower and more complicated. For instance, when you hit the 'Apply' button, on my computer at least, it doesn't go away. The 'apply' takes but the process remains open. I just charge ahead anyway and sure enough, it took, but the computer is still telling me it hasn't taken. Not sure what the improvement is that you were after but you have not achieved it. My two cents. Jim Troy
Why does it take so long to upload contacts - what has changes so dramatically?
This process is way too slow when importing an excel.
Having trouble adding Todd & Leslie Peterson
Why won't excel list import?
All Star
It was so easy to add contacts now it seems more difficult. That irritating black block takes forever to finish. Please stop fixing things that aren't broken. We are constantly having to start from square one every time you change things. Your verbiage is not consistent..you call it one thing this week, then next week you call it something else...stop yourself!
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have any more details or more feedback to give us!

Frequent Visitor
It takes forever to find a contact list. When I try to search for a contact list, nothing comes up and then trying to scroll through more than a hundred lists makes it take forever to find the list I'm looking for to add to. It would be nice if you could sort the lists by "date created".
why pay you to waste my time
All Star
system locks up and it takes inordinate amount of time to add contacts
CTCT Employee

Thank you for your feedback!  Could you tell us the exact location you would like to be able to sort the lists by 'date added'?  Is this when you are choosing a list during the import to add contacts to?

We look forward to hearing from you.  Please feel free to continue to provide us with feedback and questions!

CTCT Employee

Hi Steve!

I am sorry to hear you are experiancing some delays with load times.  I have sent you an email as follow-up, I would like to speak with you and see if we can get things running a little quicker on your side.  Either set-up a good time for me to give you a call or call into our support team when you have a chance to do some troubleshooting with us.

Thank you for your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have any more details or more feedback!

Solution Provider
PLEASE CREATE AN OPTION TO ACCESS THE METHOD OF LOADING CONTACTS. THIS IS TEDIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Occasional Contributor
After adding names and e-mails I am unable to ad them to a list. When I click on lists to send out e-mails it says there are no names in the list.
CTCT Employee

Thank you for your feedback, Jan.  I would be happy to assist you with adding contacts to your account and answer any questions you may have. 

Are you not able to find the way to add contacts to the account?  Are you wanting to see the activity after you add contacts to the account?  Below I have provided a few FAQs for you that you may find helpful:

Adding contacts to your account

Viewing the Activity page

Please feel free to reach back out to is with any other questions!

What's going on?
Occasional Advisor

Well, here's the problem. If I only need names and email addresses (for example), in the old UI, I used to be able to choose exactly what fields I wanted exported. Now I am forced to export EVERY FIELD. Want to know why it's so slow? That's why. Stop making me export fields I have no use for and let me choose which fields to export. Not only will that make the export faster (like it used to be), i won't have 50 fields I don't want or need in my exported Excel file to delete.