cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We had to temporarily close one of our support sites. You may experience a longer than normal wait time when calling into our support center. Remember to check out all of our available support resources including live chat for the quickest response.

Slow while adding contacts

Slow while adding contacts

take very long to add a contact. buffers forever!!!!

186 Comments
Hi, I have about 100 contacts to add to my list. They are stored in a database on my desktop, so I exported them to an Excel spreadsheet, printed it, and am entering each name and email "by hand." Now I find that every time I have a couple (i.e., "Joe and Susie Smith"), your software reads the "and" as the first name. I have to open each individual entry and put "and Susie" in the first name box, then save... Ah! but does that solve the problem? NO! I have to open the contact again and go through the process a second time. I've done this 3 or 4 times, and each time, I have to do it twice for the change to actually save correctly. This is not fun.
CTCT Employee

Hi Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today, and for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. There is currently a way to import your contacts right from the excel file that you have. This will shortcut you having to manually type in your contacts. This would also enable you to store the "First Name" for your contacts, with exactly whatever is in the "First Name" column of the spreadsheet that you import. When the system saves a contact, it will match whatever was in the spreadsheet exactly. Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us! Don't forget, you can call our support team seven days a week at 866-289-2101.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee
Kathy, in order for us to offer some help with what is happening, can you give us a few more details? What browser do you use and what type of connection are you using (wired, or wireless)? When you have this information ready, please contact the support team here and we will be able to look into this with you and get it fixed! Please call us at (866) 289-2101 when you have a moment. Thanks so much!
I have been with your company for years. I could import contacts in a matter of minutes. You have made it so complected that now I have to delete all my contacts and start over. I am going to look for a new company that is more user friendly and does not keep changing everything all the time.
Established Member
1. Since the new contact management change, the contact import is taking way too long. We upload/update about 45,000 contacts at the begining of each month, and it use to take about 10 minutes to complete. Now it has been about 20 minutes and it has only updated less than 10,000 contacts. 2. Also, when updating an email list name, it use to display the name so that I can edit it, now I must re-type the name completely when updating it.
Always have to close out and reboot when I want to add new contacts! Takes forever to load always freezes trying to load. As for the merging of more than one group into one, why do I have to EXPORT the files just to IMPORT it!? I have nearly 600 groups I need to consolidate, you really think I have time for something that worked fine in the last system before this update?!
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Thank you for taking time to give us some feedback about the new Constacts pages.  Please continue to vote for other ideas you think would be helpful. 

Our support team is available at 866-289-2101. Constant Contact’s Phone Support is available Monday – Thursday: 7a.m. – 11p.m. ET, Friday: 7a.m. – 9p.m. ET and Saturday – Sunday: 10a.m. – 8p.m. ET.

Use Live Chat or other Support options by visiting: https://ui.constantcontact.com/support/index.jsp

Occasional Contributor

I have noticed since all the 'upgrades' that importing from a list is remarkably slow. I will grant that we have a very large list, and my imports are often large (10k+, though 90% are typically duplicates). An import today with approx 12k lines that only included email address, no other contact data, took close to 30 minutes. That is not reasonable, especially considering the premium we pay (due to having a large list).

If you're going to tier pricing by list size (and as of late, increase prices to include services that we did not request and do not use), then you need to be able to handle the capacity of large lists quickly. 

The reason our upload contains so many duplicates is that I download from our customer database and upload the email addresses (this is permission based). We do not have the time or resources to compare lists so that I am only uploading new addresses - that is why we pay CC thousands of dollars a year for this service. 

This is happening in Google Chrome uploading an Excel list.