cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow while adding contacts

Slow while adding contacts

take very long to add a contact. buffers forever!!!!

153 Comments
Occasional Visitor
Teh system kept 'hanging up' and not adding the name. Took me 10 minutes to figure out how to add a single name.
Status changed to: New

Hi Todd,

I'm sorry to hear about this frustration. Can you tell me more about where it was hanging up? Were you adding a specific contact or importing a file? Did you notice that it was getting stuck on a specific screen every time?Also, what browser are you working in?

There are a couple of ways you can add a single contact depending on how much information you want to add with them. We've got an FAQ on this if you would like to check it out.

Thanks for your help.

All Star
This is not an improvement!
Visitor
So frustrating!
CTCT Employee
I am sorry for the trouble you are having adding contacts. What seems to be the issue? Are they going into the system but not getting added to a list? Do you get an error message when you try and add them? Any information you can supply will be helpful in correctly troubleshooting your issue.
Frequent Visitor
The new contact section is terrible. Please switch it back immediately. I will probably be looking for another service. Took more than double the time to get it to work.
Advisor
Hi David, Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you are finding the new contacts system unfavorable. Was there anything specific that seems to be taking longer or not working the way it previously did? I'd be happy to help answer any questions or concerns with more information. We would love to hear any feedback you have that we can hope to look into and make changes for accordingly.
All Star
This absolutely needs to be fixed ASAP or we'll need to find an alternative email solution provider.
Occasional Contributor
go back to the previous method, easy copy and past, no copying and pasting to a word doc, then to the contact list......
CTCT Employee
MicheleL309 - What type of information are you entering when adding contacts? If you're entering only first name, last name and email address, you can still copy and paste that information in one step. To do this, make sure the place you're copying from has each contact either on a separate line and has the information ordered as first last email. For example: Jane Doe jdoe@aaa.com Chris Lee clee@aaa.com Sam sam@bbb.com bjones@ccc.com Click the Add Contacts button and choose Add names and emails. Paste in your copied contacts and continue. You can then add all those contacts to one or more lists and tag them if you wish. Hope this information helps. If not, could you let me know in general what type of information you usually add for your contacts and what type of program or file you usually copy and paste from? Jennifer Bubriski Group Product Manager, Contacts
Advisor

Hello, Thank you for posting. I apologize for any frustration this is causing. Does the seem to be taking long when attempting to upload a file? If so, is the processing of the file taking long? Is it due to resolving possible duplicates? Any additional information you could provide would be really helpful. Thanks again for your feedback.

Occasional Visitor

To add insult to injury, the CC website is now much slower when adding a person.

Advisor

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for posting. When you are adding a person, are you seeing that the page is taking long to load after you click Save? Is the process itself just taking too long? With more information, I'd be happy to do whatever I can to help.

Occasional Visitor

I am so close to switching to MAIL CHIMP.  For some reason every time I try to upload my contacts into CC now, it takes a year and it still doesn't work.  What is the deal?  I have even broken my list up into three separate files so that they are smaller.  I am very unhappy with your service, Constant Contact.  I never had this issue in the past.  Again, I am most likely going to change to Mail Chimp the next eblast our ministry plans.

CTCT Employee

Hi Jennifer,

I want to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  Can you be a little more specific in what issues you are having?  Are you getting a error message when importing a file?  Are only a small number of people going into a list?  Does nothing happen and it states that it is?  Any more info would be helpful in resolving this issue ASAP for you. 

I have tried for 20 minutes to add SEVEN new contacts and your program keeps screwing up!!! VERY IRRITATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advisor
Hi Stacey, Thank you for posting. I'm really sorry for the frustration this is causing. What seems to be happening when attempting to add the new contacts? Are you seeing any errors? Are they not appearing in the intended lists? With more information, I'd be happy to help!
Visitor
I couldn't figure out how to just change a last name for an email address. So I decided to add a new contact and then delete the old one. When I pressed Apply (or whatever the command was), the application got stuck in a continuous cycle.
I'm sorry to hear this happened. You can edit an existing contact by clicking into the contacts details and then clicking in the last name field. It will open up so you can edit. When you say you were stuck in the cycle, were you adding the contact to a list? Were there any errors showing?
AMT
Frequent Visitor
Much easier, thank you
Glad to hear it!
Regular Visitor
I tried to add new contacts but when I click on the Continue button nothing happens. Frustratiing
Occasional Participant
Creating a new list with 95 of my 525 comtacts took over one hour vs 10 minutes with old program. Give me a break!
I am sorry to hear of this frustration. Can you tell me more about the process you are using? Are you adding contacts to another list by checking them off and clicking "Add to email lists"?
Visitor
I keep geeting a message saying error on site page(yours) So, why bother having this here if I can never use it?!?!?!?!!?! How can I access MY acct. with all the errors????????
Visitor
I have been waiting for half an hour, still can't add contacts. so frustrating! the old vision is much user friendly. I have a email list update every month, have more than 1000 contacts. I gonna try one more time, if it still doesn't work , then gonna switch a provider.
Hi Matthew, Can you tell me more about where you are seeing this error?
Occasional Visitor
Not a fan of the new process. I added contacts and had to go back and categorize them after. My system crashed and it kicked me out due to the lag time.
Occasional Contributor
About to switch to another service! For REAL... :frown:

I am very sorry to hear of this frustration. Can you tell me more about what is happening? Are you seeing it get stuck spinning or something else? What type of file is it?

Thanks.

Occasional Advisor
Importing and exporting lists to and from CSV & Excel sheets IS SO SLOW. You're wasting my time. I have other things to do. This is not acceptable. Fix it.
Occasional Advisor
I am uploading nothing but existing email addresses (no other info) to a new list from an Excel file. 5,000 emails. This used to take about 2 minutes. I've been sitting here for over 10 and it's only half way done. This is my 12th 'feedback' issue in 2 days. You people really f'd up this update in all sorts of ways. We've already initiated a team internally to look for alternatives to Constant Contact in preparation for canceling our contract.
Occasional Visitor
I have taken over 20 min to get contacts loaded when it used to take me 1 minute. I am beyond frustrated. There's got to be an easier way

Hi Tracy,

I am sorry to hear this happened. Are you able to add contacts now or are you still having this problem?

Visitor
why change something that wasn't broke? You just made us go through about 6 more steps to add contacts. Too time consuming. Change it back.
Occasional Contributor
Would be nice to be able to click on the new contacts box in reports and see the list of who they are!
Occasional Visitor
When trying to update contacts, the page is 'loading' forever, and there is a faint background image of 'The connection was reset whilst loading.....' Please sort this out quickly as I want to get folk added on
All Star
Waited forever, shut down and re-started, still nothing.

I am very sorry to hear of the frustration. Can you tell me more about how you are adding contacts to the account?

Advisor

Hello Michael,

Due to the way our new contact system is designed and the large amount of data that we can now accept, I can take some time to process the files.

We are still looking at ways of optimizing the import and export of files so that we can turn them around faster. However please also take into consideration due to the holiday's this is the busier time of the year and can put some strain on our system which may also cause inadvertant delays.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Frequent Visitor
addresses that clicked take minutes to load. Way too long.
LSI
When I added contacts before, it didn't matter how large the file was, it never took this long to import from excel.
Occasional Visitor
AS A RESULT, I HAVE TO CANCEL AND START TO PROCESS OVER
When adding a contact I am able to add all information but as soon as I try to add what email list it will be added to it stops and I have to log out and start over. As I am sure you can understand that is very time consuming especially when I am having to add multiple contacts. Also you took away the add another option that you once had and added the check box which does not allow you to add another contact as the option did in the past. That is very disappointing and again time consuming.
Trying to add contacts and it won't let me...keeps locking up. Frustrated.
Occasional Contributor
The circle keeps spinning! Your changes have made your system much more complicated and time consuming. You really did a dis-service to your loyal CC customers.
Regular Visitor
The please wait and loading just spins and spins ! Frustrated !
Occasional Contributor
More complicated, more annoying. If it's not broke, why try to change it? Argh. It was SO easy before. I get very frustrated with all the changes you make in Constant Contact. But when I ask for new templates, which I've been asking for for YEARS, you add maybe one or two. You've been using the same tired templates forever.
Frequent Visitor
Is there something wrong with your system right now? I've been trying to add a contact for two days now and I can't get it to process???
Occasional Contributor
Going into a contact profile and changing lists, eg: taking them out of one list and adding a different one, it is taking waaaaay too long!!!