This new beta version...

0 Votes
...Sucks. It was MUCH EASIER in the previous version to search for an individual entry, see what they've been sent, edit what Lists they are on. CHANGE IT BACK.
7 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @TaiChiFoundation. Could you explain more about what was easier? Are you having trouble searching for a contact or making changes to their profile? Any additional information would be helpful so we can track this properly. 

In a previous CC version, I clicked on "Contacts" and near the top-left of the resulting screen I could type in a name or email address, and their record(s) would appear. In the current version, it seems all I can search for is a LIST, not an individual contact.

Then when I finally get an individual's record, in the previous version I had their contact info AND a record of emails sent to them/opened by them all on the same screen. Now those are separated onto different screens.

Who thought this would be a change to make it more user-friendly??

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Thank you for clarifying @TaiChiFoundation. You can search for an individual contact by following the steps outlined here (you will need to select the Contacts header next to Segments) and selecting the appropriate criteria (First Name, Email Address, etc). 

In order to see engagement, you will click on the Engagement tab. Would you prefer to have all of the contact information under the Details tab?

DarrinB50
Rookie

I totally agree. The new version does suck. I like the old version better. Is there a way that we can switch from 1 version to the other??

Frankie_P

Hi @DarrinB50 we're sorry to hear you feel this way as well. What features are you looking for that are not available in our updated contacts section? As for opting out of this beta version of our contacts, if you email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and request to opt-out we can submit a ticket to the appropriate team for further assistance. Please keep in mind these requests do have a turnaround time of 2-3 business days.

DarrinB50
Rookie

Well I just like the way I can see everything on one page. I can search the whole contact list by starting to type and it picks up anything. The beta way you have to type it exactly like it is in the address book before it finds it.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. Because our Beta version of contacts does allow the ability to search for a specific contact so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More