cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Trial Period Restrictions

Trial Period Restrictions

10 people on a trial period is so ridiculous. You could have let me know that when I signed up, so I didn't have to waste 3 hours putting my contacts into the software. Extremely shady move to not disclose that when I signed up.
46 Comments

**bleep** You ! I spent Over 1 Hour setting up my campaign !!!!!!! Nowhere on the site says that I can send x mails to x subscribers and after all this **bleep**, after I spent 1 HOUR setting up the campaign I'm being told to upgrade or I can only send to 10 contacts ! **bleep** you and your site ! **Removed by Moderator** offers 2k subs with 12k mails on a free account ! Idiots and time wasters !

**bleep** You ! I spent Over 1 Hour setting up my campaign !!!!!!! Nowhere on the site says that I can send x mails to x subscribers and after all this **bleep**, after I spent 1 HOUR setting up the campaign I'm being told to upgrade or I can only send to 10 contacts ! **bleep** you and your site ! **Removed by Moderator** offers 2k subs with 12k mails on a free account ! Idiots and time wasters !

**bleep** You ! I spent Over 1 Hour setting up my campaign !!!!!!! Nowhere on the site says that I can send x mails to x subscribers and after all this **bleep**, after I spent 1 HOUR setting up the campaign I'm being told to upgrade or I can only send to 10 contacts ! **bleep** you and your site ! **Removed by Moderator** offers 2k subs with 12k mails on a free account ! Idiots and time wasters !

**bleep** You ! I spent Over 1 Hour setting up my campaign !!!!!!! Nowhere on the site says that I can send x mails to x subscribers and after all this **bleep**, after I spent 1 HOUR setting up the campaign I'm being told to upgrade or I can only send to 10 contacts ! **bleep** you and your site !
**Removed by Moderator** offers 2k subs with 12k mails on a free account ! Idiots and time wasters !

HI Rosa, 

I am very sorry to hear of your frustrations. The trial period does limit you to sending to a list of only ten contacts to get a feel for how it works. 

Thanks for sharing yoru feedback on this process. 

I have accounts with my work and after setting up a trial for my Sporting Association the trial account seems to have less templates available
Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

Thanks for your feedback on the template selection.

please post information in a public forum!
Honored Contributor

Hi Kimberly,

What would you like to activate? Are you wanting to turn your trial into a paid account? If so, you can click on the My Account drop down in the top right of your account. Then click on My Account again in the menu. Then you will see that you are in a trial with a blue button that says "Buy now" underneath that. Click Buy now and follow the prompts to make your account payable.

Hope that helps!

Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for sharing this feedback! I am sorry to hear of the confusion during sign up.

I had a similar experience in that one of the things I wanted to test was how well a large list would deliver. I too did not understand that you cannot send to an entire list during the trial. I wouldn't have minded so much if that had been mentioned specifically ahead of time.

Thank you for posting, Catherine. I am sorry to hear of the frustration but appreciate the feedback! 

I was registered for a trial and did several campaigns. Now i paid for the monthly and where is all my data and work that I did?
CTCT Employee

Hi Jennifer.

I understand you are curious about where all of your data and work went. I searched your name in our system and it looks like you actually have two different accounts. Perhaps when you became a paying customer you did not pay on the proper account. I would call into our Billing Team and have the payment moved from the empty account to your trial. This should make the trial your paid account and they will be able to close the account that has no information in it. Our billing team can be reached at: (855) 229-5506

need help pilates gyrotonic jupiter
CTCT Employee

Hi Pamela.

I understand that you already paid for an account. However, I'm going to need a little more information in order to better assist you. Did you create a new trial account by accident? Are you currently paying for two accounts? I'll need a little more information so I can properly understand what is going on. Please let me know. :smileyface: 

Occasional Visitor
Called tec support and was told I had two accounts. one is a free trial. So sorry but I just want to get to my lists, my templates and get a new email out. I changed the password because your representative told me my passwords and I put them in to get a "sorry" Now what do I do??
Hi I'm just taking part in your free trial and want to see how it works with our existing html template. Where can I add it please? I can't see an upload template button. Many thanks Jenny
Honored Contributor

Hi Julie,

I located your paid account. I also left you a voicemail so that we could connect to get you into your account to obtain your lists.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Hi Jenny,

I'd be happy to show you how you can get access to the Custom Code Email section.

First, click on Campaigns option on the left sidebar

Then click the big gold Create button on the right

Instead of choosing an option on the right, click Choose a Campaign by category link on the bottom left.

Choose Campaign.jpg

Then choose Newsletters & Announcements

On the next screen, choose Custom Code Email at the bottom.

Any questions, let us know!

You wasted 2 hours of my time. I set up a trial and email for 9000 people to find out your trial will email only 10 people. I will never use your service and I will tell as many people as possible not to use your service. Im going to take out a full page ad against you/ You wasted half my **bleep**ing day. inmotionyogallc.com fireyogachicago.com
Status changed to: Functioning as designed

Hi Joe, 

I am sorry to hear of your frustration but thank you for sharing your feedback. 

I agreed to test constant contact for a trail. I don't think 10 e-mails will demonstrate your program effectiveness. Seriously, only 10? I was a member of your service years ago, I switched to **Removed By Moderator**. Maybe I should stay with them.

Status changed to: New idea

Thanks for sharing this feedback, I am sorry for the frustrations this caused. 

Occasional Visitor
I went through all the trouble creating an invitation for my guests and then you tell me that I need to improve my plan. I am very disappointed that you wasted my time.

I am very sorry to hear of this frustration. Thank you for sharing your experience for future improvements. 

The trial is ridiculous!!! The rules were not upfront. Give me a break, we're only able to send to 10 contacts? How can you see if it works and get a bearing with such extreme restrictions? A decent trial test would be the ability to send it to at least 100 contacts. We tried to get a reading by sending multiple emails to sets of 10 contacts to do a decent test, and the campaigns were deactivated. Very disappointed, such a waste of time. Then I called an hour before their closing time, and they weren't in the office, said to leave a message.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the trial process. We're always looking for ways to improve so your feedback is appreciated. 

All Star
Hard to do a trial when you limit the number of contacts to 100. I will not get a clear picture of how it works with such a low number given that we have 2,000 plus emails. I also do not understand the part where I permit robots, scrubbers, etc. on our website.

To be honest from sign up until sending the first campaign this has been a huge headache and I really have no other way to describe it. From the **Removed By Moderator** customer service girls to the trial restrictions it hasnt really been a pleasant experience.

How can I tell if my newsletters are worthy of sending out if I can't send one to myself?!? I received a message that trial members can send to 0 contacts!!!! Before I buy something and before I send out a newsletter, I would like to see what it looks like in my inbox.

Hi @DebH66 

I just confirmed that your account was set up correctly as you should be able to send to 100 contacts in the trial period. Can you try adding some contacts to a list and sending your email to that list? Please let me know if you are still having trouble!

Visitor
Constant Contact should be transparent and up front about the 100 contacts limit in the free trial. That language should be included before even signing up. It's very easy to miss until you're ready to send a campaign. For those of us with larger contact lists looking to test out the service, the 60 day free trial holds little practical value.

I found this same issue Kate, and when the salesperson (from Constant Contact) called me out of the blue he was extremely rude during our conversation. They even cut my trial off 35 days early...guessing this is not a good company to work with and I know I will be looking somewhere else to take my business. Good Luck!

Status changed to: Voting Open

Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed

Oh why it looks like it's 100% free for 30 days and only once I finish importing contacts and designing the email you tell me I can only send up to 100 contacts? Not the coolest move. Can't even select my contact list and send to 100 of that list. No. Very disappointed. I'll have to redesign the whole thing in MailChimp, which I hate. :frown:
Visitor
not a reasonable "Trial" when the list size is only 100. There was no clear mention of that before I signed up. Very dissatisfied.
Status changed to: Closed - No Action