cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsubscribe Reason should be included in export

Unsubscribe Reason should be included in export

there is no field for the unsubscribe reason when you export the information from the new contacts feature 

This is quite valuable information for record keeping reasons 

127 Comments
Status changed to: New

The new view of contacts doesn't as user-friendly. I had a contact unsubscribe and I came to see if she left a reason why. I assume it would appear in the notes section, but there is nothing, so I assume she didn't say anything. It is not clear, however, if it would be viewed someone else.
Advisor
Status changed to: New

Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for posting. Currently the best way to view the reasons for unsubscribing would be to access them through Email>Reports. If you click on the linked number under that Opt-Outs category, you will be able to see those who opted out from that email. This will also provide you with the reason (if it is blank, they left no comment.) I hope this helps!

Unsubscribe_reason.png

Occasional Visitor

Where do I find "reason for unsubscribing"?

Great question! The Unsubscribe reason now shows in the report of the email that was sent. Click the Email tab of your account, the reports link and then the hyperlinked number of "Opt-Outs" next to the email name. You will see the opt-out reason (if given) on the right!

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
When a contact opts out, they are given the choice to fill in a text box explaining their reason for opting out. As the manager of my list, I want to know what reasons people have for opting out. Apparently, it is not possible to find this given the current structure. Not in the activity log, export, or contact list. Please rectify and reply. Thank you! (Meanwhile, I *love* the new look and interface of Contacts. Amen!)
The new system does not display the opt-out reason. That is important information and need to be displayed.
All Star
not displayed properly. It is only ONE character wide... I C A N N O T R E A D T H I S C A N Y O U ?
Visitor
The old report format was user-friendly and set up perfectly. The new report format is totally fouled up in every respect. Previously, bounced emails were shown in the sequence they were added to the database. Thus, they were generally grouped in the folders that were added to the system. Now for some insane reason they are set up alphabetically by either name or email address, which is of no benefit on either account. It will make purging addresses from personal computer files four times as complicated and four times as time consuming. The new format no longer provides information on why people unsubscribed. When you try to print the lists of bounces, you get pages of worthless info and then when the email addresses finally print they show up as duplicates over and over again. The most glaring screwup is that there is no back button when you go to other pages. You then have to go to home and start the whole process all over again. It seems that you gathered a bunch of people in a room and brainstormed on how you could foul up the previous report system in every way imaginable, and then proceeeded to do it. Well, you succeeded.