cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsubscribed List

Unsubscribed List

Should really have a column of which list it dropped off of, so that we can track this. We have 4 different organizations that we do blasts and events for . . . unsubscribe does nothing for me, if I don't know the list it came from - especially if you're working with a large volume and lots of lists.
72 Comments
Regular Visitor

Has this issue been resolved?  I need to view unsubscribes in a list in order to track out success by organization.

Hi,

This feature has not yet been put into the product but I am happy to pass along your feedback as well. This is a feature we have planned but don't have an exact date for yet. We make updates based on what is being asked for so all of the ideas are appreciated. 

Thanks,

I need this feature as well, as anything been done yet?

Mike Good

President

Timeless Wines

HI Michael,

I don't have any new information but I am happy to pass along your feedback on this idea.

Thanks for letting us know!

All Star
When I search for a name it doesn't tell me which list it's in.
Occasional Advisor

All of the data fields should appear on the contact's information. Empty fields should be shown as well so we don't have to waste even more time adding fields before we can input the data. New contact management system is a massive step backwards and is costing an enormous amount of the customer's time and money to deal with. Fire the IT team. Fire the managers who approved this mess. Get folks who understand that data management it supposed to be a tool to enhance productivity and not an entertainment system.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your feedback.
All Star
Some of mailing lists are membership lists and occasionally a member will unsubscribe and then weeks or months later tell me that they are not getting my e-mails. I need to be able to see when they unsubscribed from the list (and it would nice to know which list). If I cannot relay this information to them they assume that I have deleted them. I used to be able to click on a contact and get current status and complete details. I really need that feature back.
I am very unhappy with the contact fields and much preferred the old arrangement. I have used Constant Contact for over 7 years. I have always appreciated prior upgrades and changes. This is the first time I am unhappy with all the new features. Sadly, I am seeking an alternative provider.
Occasional Visitor
I can no longer see who unsubscribes in my reporting. I would like to see this. You keep taking away reporting information..i.e. emails of forwarded emails and can't make a "all open" export report. Quit taking away information that you use to provide!

Occasional Contributor
It would be helpful if, when exporting a comprehensive unsubscribe list, the list included a field containing which specific e-mail that contact opted out of. I track this information in our database and it's extremely cumbersome to go one-by-one to see who unsubscribed from what. I'd love it it were made available all in one place, in the export file.
It would be nice to see what list people were in who unsubscribed. We send out weekly emails to different people's distribution lists for them. I can see the unsubscribers from each individual weekly email, but not a complete list of anyone who has ever unsubscribed from their list over time. I'm trying to see all the unsubscribers from ONE person's email list. My choices now are to go through each email we've sent and take note of each time someone unsubscribed, or comb through the master "Unsubscribed" list. Both of these are very time consuming! There should be an option to group unsubscribers by the lists that they were a part of. Sorry if this isn't clear - it's hard to describe!
Occasional Contributor
This would help me determine why they unsubscribed. On the bounced list you note which of my lists they came from so it would be very helpful to have the unsubscribed also tell me which list they came from. Thank you...Judy
Occasional Advisor
I have a contact that had nothing but an email address. I wanted to add all the other fields. So, I add her name, company, and title. Had to save that individually. Wanted to add her phone number. Added that and had to save that individually. Her address? Added that and had to save that individually. Oh, now additional fields, like ALL my custom fields? Added that and had to save EVERY SINGLE ONE individually. Can you see how ludicrous this is? I am making changes to one contact. Why do I have to save each-and-every-field-individually. I want to make all my changes, then save the whole page. Wouldn't you? I don't have to save every paragraph individually in Word. I don't have to save every cell individually in Excel. Why would I have to save every field individually on ONE SINGLE CONTACT all being updated at the same time. This is nuts. Why do you all want to keep adding time to my day? Your job is to make my job quicker and easier, not harder and take more time. Fail.
I used to be able to sort unsubs by the date they unsubscribed. Now the only option is to sort by the date they were added. Is there any way to change it back so I can sort by unsubscribe date?

Visitor
Add a field for what list the contact is in so that I don't have to login to the website and do all these clicks! I would make things so much nicer and it would be easy to implement!

All Star
The old web site remembered all the lists a contact was subscribed to when they unsubscribed, so subsequent re-subscribing restored them to all previous lists. The new web site doesn't do that. I just had a client unsubscribe inadvertently, was on a dozen different lists, and I had to manually add him back to each one when he restored his original email address. That's inconvenient and not an improvement.

Thanks for sharing this feedback., Judy! 

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Occasional Contributor
There should be a way to see where a record came from in the unsubscribe list. The names are uploaded into separate lists but are put in only one location when they unsubscribe. There is no way to determine the source so they can be worked on from the location that the records originated. Not enough information.
CTCT Employee
Thanks for the feedback! We value your opinion and want to make sure you have all the features you want in the new contact management tools. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more details or feedback to give us!
Occasional Contributor
Is it really necessary to eliminate all the emailing history of a contact after they unsubscribe? I would like to be able to understand what email set them over the edge without having to go through everyone in history to figure it out....
CTCT Employee
This is another good question Tom. Being able to see that past engagement history would be useful for a lot of reasons. Thanks again for the feedback!
Honored Contributor
Where would you like to be able to see the lists? We do show the list that the contacts are on in the contact details page.
Regular Visitor
It would be very helpful to know which email list an "unsubscribe" request came from. Right now I can see the name of the unsubscribed person, but can't see which email list the name came from originally...
CTCT Employee
This is a great idea! We want to give you all the tools and information you need about your contacts to be successful with Constant Contact. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!
CTCT Employee
Thank you for this feedback!
How can i see which list the unsubscribe name is from?
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Hi Joan,

Unfortunately, this feature is not available currently. This is great feedback, so please continue submitting your feedback. Please vote for this idea if you agree.

All Star
thank you!
Visitor
I have been using constant contact for a few years to send THANK YOU letters to our email subscribed members. For those that were "unsubscribed" I would retrieve the list of OPT OUTS (by list) and send them a THANK YOU in the postal mail. It is REALLY a chore now to get at those people. Each time I have to download the entire UNSUBSCRIBED list, sort it by time that approximates when I uploaded the latest list and then manage the redo Thank You's PLEASE offer and export of OPT OUTS by LIST again!
Occasional Contributor
I have so many lists that when someone writes to change their emaiil address or I need to send to one of our partner's lists - it would be good to know which list the contact came from. I don't know which partner this contact belongs to.
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you clarify on this, please? When exporting the unsubscribes, are you wanting to see which list they unsubscribed from or are you looking for a feature where you can tell hit to only export unsubscribes who have unsubscribed from a particular list?

Any details you can provide would be helpful.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor
i need the option to see who unsubscribes for my own records please
CTCT Employee

Laura, I am sorry you were having trouble with that, but you are able to see them in a couple of ways. You can view all the unsubscribes from the contacts tab if you look down the left and select the "Unsubscribed" list. You can also view them on a per email basis by clicking on the number of "opt outs" when you're looking at the email's reports. Here is more information about that: Understanding and managing unsubscribes

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach back to us at (866) 289-2101 when you're ready!

All Star
I send my newsletter using multiple Contact Lists. When I run the Unsubscribed report it does not show me what list the name/email is on. Besides entering each name individually is there a way to access this information easily?
Without the list- I am left sorting through 10 different lists to find a name.
Regular Visitor
Some of my agents complain that they aren't getting my daily emails internally to my company. for some reason they unsubscribed but want to be resubscribed. i know i have to send them the link to resubscribe but need to know who those agents are.
Occasional Visitor
Would love it if there was a way to actually see which members of a certain list are unsubscribed from our mailings.
All Star
Would be helpful to know when a contact unsubscribed and from what list or lists they were included.
Frequent Visitor
I would like to be able to view which contact list the unsubscribe-rs came from. Is there a way you can add that data field to this screen that lists them?
Hi, After a contact unsubscribes, I understand why they are automatically removed for whatever list they were a part of, BUT it would be nice to know what list they were once on so we know from "where" we are losing contacts. For example, someone unsubscribed to our emails and left a note that she was disappointed in some aspect of our program, but now I have no way of knowing which program location she had troubles with. If I knew what list she was on, it might have helped to clarify this. Would be a helpful feature to add... Thanks for your time! Kim
Established Member
Our communications manager explained that we used to have the ability to see who unsubscribed from specific lists. We can no longer do that - so it seems. The list that we pulled shows every single unsubscribed contact from all our lists. We'd like to be able to segment these lists to save time.
I have university students who come and go. I update my list regularly and create new lists in Constant Contact. During import, I can see that a couple hundred or so have unsubscribed and cannot be added. Sometimes, though, these people unsubscribed while undergrads and want to come back onboard as graduates. I should be able to click on that red square with the number of unsubscribed people ... and SEE who is on that list. I can't find another report that will give me that info ... and I shouldn't have to search everywhere to find it.