Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Update Profile Link Needed

It would be nice to have a link made available for us to use for "Update Profile Form". Currently, there is only a link for "Sign-Up Form". If I want to send a message out to my database asking them to review and update their profile, I have to use the "Sign-Up Form" link which is miss-leading and requires our customers to sign up for the lists again before it recognizes them as already being in the system. Adding the "Update Profile Form" link to the sign up tools will allow us to place only the update info inside of a message and making the system easier or use and not confusing to the customers.
56 Comments
HildaO
Campaign Contributor

This issue URGENTLY still needs to be addressed. This should be a BASIC function.

DavidW4194
Campaign Contributor

Are you seriously telling me that this feature is not available?  

There should be a link that we can add to our Web Page and Facebook Page that allows people to view their Profile and make changes if necessary.   There is nothing in the can spam act that would prevent this from being 'another option' in addition to the footer.   

MatthewC4
Rookie
It would be most useful to have a url where someone could update their profile information, such as email, name on file, or lists. I realize this is available for someone at the bottom of received emails, but what if they aren't receiving the email due to bounces, emails no longer used. Another area of great value for this feature is for social media reminders and email changes. For example, to maintain strong relationships with existing subscribers, I'd like to have a link on instagram or another network that says "update your newsletter preferences here". It also shows potential subscribers that they can access such benefits once they're a subscriber. Thanks!
FirstPresGB
Rookie

I agree completely! This function would be very helpful as we maintain good list hygiene. Please send notification when this capability is available.

IxomWatercare
Campaign Collaborator

Is this ever going to be acted on? It seems like adding in the functionality is relatively simple and it would definitely be a welcomed improvement. Not sure why it seems to be dragging on for years.

Frankie_P

Hi everyone,

At this time we do not have a time estimate of when this feature will be available. We do however want to update the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. While we can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on the idea but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect both requests along with use case examples. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

JoeMontuori
Campaign Contributor

Our nonprofit is now sending local campaign emails and needs lists by municipality within our geographic region. (We now require addresses for new subscribers, but have hundreds of legacy subscribers without an address.) Our latest "Update Profile" form now requires addresses, and we'd like to drive folks to make use of it. However, the tiny "Update Profile" link in the email footer is inadequate. 

This functional limitation of Constant Contact is clearly frustrating to many of us. I'm guessing there is a good reason why this feature — requested from 2015 to the present — has not been implemented. If, as it seems, Constant Contact isn't planning implementation, it would be nice if the organization could share its rationale, and perhaps put this question to rest. Thank you.

IxomWatercare
Campaign Collaborator

We also get frustrated with the lack of progress and communication on what would outwardly seem as simple and valuable upgrade requests from their customers.

Propeller
Rookie

We have imported our list over to Constant Contact and have divided the list into 4 lists - We would like to send one email to everyone and tell them to update their preferences. The only way I can see to do that is to tell them to click the link in the footer email. Seems like there should be a merge tag available for this.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More