Update a contact's email address

0 Votes
I had a case where a contact wanted to change their verified email address. Due to certain medical conditions, this contact cannot accomplish even basic operations most of us take for granted, such as following a link to change their own email address. Because of that, the contact reached out to me to make the change on their behalf. Constant Contact doesn't allow me - the mailing list administrator - to make that change. That's a problem, since it turns out that many of my active subscribers have similar medical issues. I encourage Constant Contact to make some reasonable exceptions for administrators that need to make limited changes to their subscribers' email addresses, especially when it comes to bona-fide issues such as this one. ADA/Accessibility is a real thing in the online world, too, and Constant Contact's voluntary compliance with ADA law in the online world would set a great example. It's a decent trade-off vs strict compliance with best-practice online security, IMHO, AND, if permitted, a manual change by the list administrator in this case also would have the advantage of retaining a contact's engagement history...a benefit that's important when it comes to ADA/Accessibility issues in the real world.
2 Comments
Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @BillProtzmann ,

I completely understand the importance of changing a subscribers email address, and apologize our site was giving you trouble. Are you able to provide some additional information, such as the status of this contact? If a contact is 'Confirmed' (They went through the Awaiting Confirmation process and explicitly confirmed to be part of your list), then that email address is unable to be edited due to legal reasons. However, you should be able to edit the email address otherwise if that's not the case.

Was the screen grayed out when you attempted, or did it throw some sort of error?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More