View the list an unsubscribed email was on

Should really have a column of which list it dropped off of, so that we can track this. We have 4 different organizations that we do blasts and events for . . . unsubscribe does nothing for me, if I don't know the list it came from - especially if you're working with a large volume and lots of lists.

20 Comments
RichardB939
Rookie

The lists of who unsubscribed should include a column showing what email list the person belongs too.  It's important in analyzing the data.

For example, let's say I sent a campaign to a list called LA Residents and also a separate list called LA Homeowners.   It would be useful when looking at the report of who unsubscribed to see which list the person was on.   It would help in analyzing.

sjg
Rookie
When someone unsubscribes, it would be beneficial to know what list they were from. It is possible to see their engagement history, which is also interesting, but knowing how they were related to the organization would also help. Thanks!
AlyceH1
Rookie

We've spent many years gathering contact info for our association and when someone requests to be unsubscribed, I would like to know which of our lists they were on so that I can keep our data up to date. Your team says they have no way to know which list the person who unsubscribes is on but when I put them in their particular list, you know which list they're on so I don't see how you don't still have that info - the email is still there in your system until I delete. You're no help to us at all.

Alyce Heath, Association Manager, Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles

ClareF14
Rookie

With GDPR it is essential that our supporters can easily unsubscribe from a particular list - and we need to know which communications they still want to receive to ensure we are complying with their wishes.  When we get the notification email a contact has unsubscribed it needs to tell us the updated information so we can amend their record on our database accordingly.  As we use Donor Perfect, (which integrates with Constant Contact) having the automatic entry showing 'Do Not Email' for all unsubscribes is not helpful if just one publication has been unsubscribed from.

We are unable to contact these people to confirm their preferences as we no longer have their consent to contact them.  Our hands are tied and we are potentially losing supporters and donations because of this -  something no charity can afford to do!

Clare Flexman, Mary How Trust for Cancer Prevention, West Sussex, UK

JudyH795
Rookie
Dear Constant Contact, I have been a customer with constant contact for over 10 years. I have generally been pleased with your email service and use it faithfully every month to stay in contact with my customers. However, today I discovered some disturbing system errors that have either unsubscribed customers incorrectly or gives me a message that I unsubscribed them which I didn't. There was also an issue of customers not assigned to lists which you cannot even add a customer unless you assign them a list. The tech fixed that today, but still confused on where I stand with customer being added to list, why some emails are engaged and others are not, when they should be by all accounts. When I check on a particular customer something has been changed in their profile. One particular customer showed unsubscribed today November 30, and it reported I was the one who did it, and I did not remove the customer. Really strange. I was also looking for a customer list/feature that tells you whether it was the customer or me that unsubscribed or added them, but I don't see how you can pull that list. You have to look at each one individually. I am completely overwhelmed with this email service and not sure how to mover forward, short of finding a new service. Judy Hudson, Easton Pilates
Frankie_P

Hi @JudyH795 I apologize for any confusion there may be with your contacts. Have you deleted a list, but chose delete the list only?

2018-12-04_17-00-20.png

If so, only the list name gets deleted while contacts are left in your account. This option can cause contacts that were only on this deleted list to be left in your account without being assigned to any other list.

We would also like to clarify what exactly you meant by some emails not being “engaged.” Are you referring to contacts opening or clicking links in the emails you send? Do you have any examples of either contacts you have not engaged with, or that showed you unsubscribed them when you did not? Having these details can help us look into this further for you. Please send these examples along with a reference to this post and your username to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

MarkK071
Marketing Expert
I need to be able to sort all unsubscribes in a particular list. We then send out our email document by U.S. mail to these clients. "Corporate" "Unsubscribed" is what I need.
Frankie_P

Hi @MarkK071 all unsubscribed contacts can be found and exported into a list of their own through these steps. Because you are looking to pull unsubscribed contacts based on a previous email list they were on we have merged your post into a larger thread focused on having the ability to know what list contacts were on before they Unsubscribed.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

We are reopening this idea for tracking with the introduction of our redesigned contacts page.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More