View the list an unsubscribed email was on

Should really have a column of which list it dropped off of, so that we can track this. We have 4 different organizations that we do blasts and events for . . . unsubscribe does nothing for me, if I don't know the list it came from - especially if you're working with a large volume and lots of lists.

20 Comments
DanT94
Rookie

it will be nice to be able to check  after a person has unsubscribed which list he was part of. 

Regards, Monica Simoncini.

IntlWolfCenter
Campaign Collaborator
When people unsubscribe, the lists they were in disappears. They should remain in the list and marked as unsubscribed and the lists could be "grayed out" so we at least know what they were subscribed to. We have multiple lists and this would really be helpful if we could tell them what they were subscribed to when we are talking to them on the phone.
KathyM66
Campaign Contributor

It would be super helpful if, when a contact opts out of our emails, the report shows what list they were on. If they tell me they never signed up to get my emails and I know what list they were on, it can help me identify problem lists.

It is most frustrating to receive your list of unsubscribes when we don't know what email list the email address was attached to. We have over 100 lists, all gathered from different sources. When you send us an email address, it is impossible the search all 100 lists so that we can delete the contact and keep our records up to date.  Previously, when I received your notices, I was able to determine what lists the unsubscriber was associated with and could then remove them from the source so they would not be added back in again. Things became much more complicated and less efficient when you implemented one of your improvements. Please help!

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're working to update our statuses on all community ideas, with the goal of better explaining where a feature is in the product pipeline. This idea is being updated to Acknowledged. Thank you for all of the feedback and please continue to comment with examples and use cases.

MelissaP34
Rookie

Can you please add a field such as "name of the List" that the person was listed in?

I understand the need to prohibit ongoing emails to an Unsubscribed contact.  But please, find a way to not delete the Lists that the Contact was a member of.  We don't want to lose that information, especially if the Contact is Resubscribed, which often happens.  I'm sure you can find a way to keep the email from being sent to them without officially eliminating them from a List or multiple Lists.  Please!!!!

Has this feature been added yet? It seems like a no-brainer to me...

We have an event coming up, and I need to see how many people unsubscribed from that list so I can notify them that they need to resubscribe. Would be a shame to have that many people confused about why they are not receiving updates.

I have no idea why this wasn't added already... maybe I am not just not seeing the feature?

AlyceH1
Rookie

....just at 3/4 the way through 2023 and my issue with knowing what list an unsubscriber was on seems to still be a no show for Constant Contact. You know the answer so just add a column (or whatever would work) saying what list the person was on.

LonnieT43
Constant Contact Partner
This is really more feedback than discussion. I appreciate being notified when contacts unsubscribe. The notifications would be even more helpful if they told me which list the contact unsubscribed from. We have many newsletters, all with individual lists, managed by individual users. It's very time consuming to figure out who unsubscribed from what, so I can let the user know.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More