cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Want inline editing on contacts tab

0 Votes

Want inline editing on contacts tab

I'm not sure how to edit. I simply want to add first and last name to an already existing contact.

104 Comments
Occasional Visitor
I was unable to upgrade an address. First the process to search for the name took a while, then when I entered the new information the screen message said "unknown error"
Status changed to: New
Hi Roberta, I'm sorry to hear this. What browser are you working in when this happens? Is it only happening when you try to update a specific contact or all contacts?
Occasional Visitor

This new system is horrible.  You can't change the number of contacts to view and you can't edit the existing contacts.  This is unexceptable.

Occasional Visitor

How do I edit the contact information? I can't even figure out how to add a name to a new email signup.

From time to time established contacts have email changes. I couldn't locate a simple change email address edit option. To delete contact and add again with new email address treats it as a new contact rather than it being an established contact with an email address change.

When adding a title, company, or additional information to a current email in a list, there is no indicator to click on the Title, Company box in order to add or make changes. All other areas on this page have blue instruction cues such as "add another email," or "add." We spent considerable time trying to determine how to make these changes. This simple addition would be greatly appreciated by your customers.
Hi Terry, Thanks for posting. You're right, you can't change the number of contacts on each page but you can definitely go in to edit existing contacts. Just find them in a list (or search for them) and click into their details. You can click any area of their information to edit it.
Occasional Participant
We are a professional engineering organization and I am adding a number of new members to our data base and am very confused about how to edit their information once I have their initial email and name in - we use their business points of contact -- not home information. I prefer your old format -- it was much easier!
CTCT Employee
I can't seem to find a way to edit the spelling of a last name that I manually put into the system
Regular Visitor
Go back to the old way!!! Ì can`t edit my list names easily, can`t add contacts easily, nor choose where to put them
Visitor

Updating contacts use to be easy.  Why did you change this???  Have you heard of the saying if it's not broken don't fix it.  OMG!  .... I need to update my contacts for an email that I need to send today and I can't figue this out. 

AGREED!!!! I can't get out a time sensititve email because some genius decided to make it IMPOSSIBLE to upload new contacts into a list or merge contacts at the click of a button - what the heck were you thinking??

All Star
Cannot find how to edit/change new contacts
Frequent Visitor
Can't determine how to add an existing contact to an additional list.
All Star
This should be easily seen and accessed.
Occasional Visitor
My home page shows I have over 200 contacts, but when I click on the Contacts tab, nothing shows up. How do I edit an existing contact?
Occasional Participant
Your previous set-up was much easier to use. Editing contacts is much more difficult in your new version of constant contact. I'm unable to delete the contact and start over...which is necessary since I am unable to delete a duplicate of the same email for the same person.
HI Sherry, When you click the Contacts tab do you see a blank page or are you not seeing a specific contact? To edit a contact you will want to click into any contacts details from the list view and then click into any piece of information you want to edit. You will see the field open up for you to edit.
Occasional Contributor
I currently have over 9500 active contact across 40+ different lists. Where can I see all the lists that a person is currently subscribed? And if I add a 2nd email to an existing contact, will each list they are subscribed be updated automatically? Thanks, Traci
Occasional Contributor
This new interface is annoying. *How* you change their name, for instance, is not at all self-evident. I finally clicked on the name to see if that would work. I haven't found several things. So far, most unhappy with the new interface.
Hi Debbie, You can see the lists the contact is part of by clicking into their contact details or by checking off the contact and clicking the "Add to Email List" button. This will show a check mark in any list they are part of. If you add a second email address to any of the contacts it won't add them to the same lists automatically. You will need to add that email address to any lists you want them in. You can now have a contact with two email addresses in different lists.
Visitor
I just want to update information on several contacts but cannot do it easily.....I don't have 10 minutes waiting for the file to load to make one change.
Hi Phil, Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this frustration. Can you tell me more about what you are having trouble finding?
Visitor
It would be nice if you could select all the addresses that are in a list that need to be edited rather than selecting one at a time and then going back to the list to edit the next person. I just completed a list of 26 addresses that needed to be corrected. Also, put the next page (for a list of contacts) at the top of the list instead of just the bottom. When I hit the back button after editing an email and then wanting to do another email in the same list, the back button always took me to the first page, even thought I was just on the second or third page. There has to be an easier way...I tried selecting more than one person in the list, but I did not see an edit button...just a delete option.
Occasional Advisor
I need to change a contacts email and company information. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that in the new format. speaking of the new format, I'd like to hide the list of contacts in the middle of the page. I rarely use it. All I need to do is add distribution lists and edit existing contacts. You just made that all so hard.
Occasional Advisor

do i seriously have to click "Save" after every time I add any sort of information to the contact?  Before I could update their entire profile (address, phone number, name, etc.) but now I had to do those items individually and hit save after each small change.  This is so time consuming and cumbersome.  Whoever redesigned your contact management should be fired cuz it is seriously the worst.

All Star
I want to delete a prefix, i.e. "Ms." from a contact name. With the new enhancements, I can't figure out how to do this! I used to be able to click "edit" - now what?
Thanks for this feedback, John!
Visitor
I deal a lot with addresses that contain 2 lines, i.e, PO Box and street address. It would be nice to get it back. Thank you.
Occasional Participant

Agreed.  I totally HATE this new contact management system. 

All Star
Some contacts seem to be stuck with an email address that cannot be deleted or edited when it changes. I've received emails from folks who want me to change their contact info in all our lists and contact databases, not just Constant Contact, but I can only add a second email address rather than edit the first one.

Hi Stacie,

To edit just click into any contact and then click on the area you want to edit. You will see the area open up so you can make changes.

11-26-2013 2-49-14 PM.jpg

Occasional Advisor
It use to be easy to edit contact information. . I simply need to correct spelling of the name. Waste of time trying to hunt a peck around your new design. HATE IT
Visitor
how do I edit existing contacts? It's not clear
Occasional Visitor
I added an individual email address - now I want to put their name in - can't figure out how?
CTCT Employee
Hi Tawanna. I'm sorry you're having trouble editing contacts. If this is still going on, can you let us know a contact that this is happening with? That way we can look into it further.
All Star
I am adding info to all the contacts, but each contact infois different, but I don't see any way to go directly from one contact record to the next without having to go all the way back to the main list. This wastes a lot of time. Is there another way? Susan for Loretta
Occasional Contributor
I would like to just tab to the next name so I can speed type the 300+ names in. Going one by one is time consuming. Although seeing what people open is fascinating. Still want the option to speed enter.
All Star
I don't understand why you have as a selection, to remove names that did not open and as soon as I select a name there is no option to delete the name. Why do you have that as an option yet I can't do it? really frustrating!!!
Contact issues. Not happy.
I go in to the contact and try to edit it by adding the name. there is no option for that.
Occasional Visitor
It's a mess editing contacts. For example, I have an email address for a contact with only the first name. When I go to the contact and try to add a last name, there is no option to do that. The only edits are to add phone number, which is ridiculous. Removing contacts is a major hassle. You have to go find them one at a time. In the older version, it was so easy to edit and remove contacts. This current system is horrible!
All Star
Entered the first and last name along with the email; NO NAMES appeared in the contact list, just the email...there is now no simple way to EDIT the contact and add the name like there was prior to the IMPROVEMENTS!!!! What is wrong with your IT people?
Occasional Contributor

In the old system, when someone changed their email address, you went into their profile with old email address and checked off all the lists, and updated and the old email went away. I cannot seem to do this anymore. I can only delete the contact with that email address permanently. What if they switch back to that old email address in the future?? I want to avoid them having to resubscribe and this was a way around that, but doesn't seem to exist anymore. **REMOVED BY MODERATOR**

I found how to add the physical address under Additional
I can't figure out how to add a first name and last name and company. It was cumbersome before; now, it's just impossible to figure out
HATE the new contact mgmt system. Way too much information and can't ever find what I need. Really, it's a newsletter-- not a data base of personal information!! Where is the place to make a change to a contact / remove/ unsubscribe?
Occasional Contributor
I entered an email address and found that I had her last name but not first name. I see where you can add a phone# but their name should be shown as editable as it was in your last version.
Occasional Contributor
Though this is minor, it is a major irritant. When adding an address and selecting country, the United States is listed alphabetically. Really? Seems as if the bulk of our contacts and your clients are in the USA and it should be listed first for convenience if nothing else.
Occasional Visitor
I don't see how to delete a contact or edit one.