cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Web sign up form

Web sign up form

This form is not allowing us to customize the fields according to our needs. We want to add a field for people under certain age, a simple check box that's linked to one of our mailing lists, and we don't have that option right now.
56 Comments
Solution Provider
It would be great if we could adjust the order that the fields appear in on the web sign up forms
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for posting! 

All Star
Two feature requests: 1) Ability to create a custom text field for 'Comments' on sign up forms that has a longer text limit (currently 50 characters)? 2) Ability to reorder the fields on a sign up form (default is email, then First Name, Last Name, etc.) Thanks.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

It would be nice to be able to add drop-down lists to the sign-up form instead of just fields.

All Star

I have found that new subcribers who enter thier email in sometimes enter it in wrong.  I would love to have the option to add this option on the sign up tools so the "ask for email again to confirm" could be added just like the information for address and phone can be added.  we just started using CC and I have had 3 bounces from people I don't know and I can't get ahold of them to try to change thier email.  I think it looks bad from me because they are expecting communication from me but they don't get it and they won't know that it is becuase they entered in a wrong email.  Thank you for considering this!!!!!   

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 11.12.00 PM.png
All Star

Registration Sign Up

All Star

See my photo above. You have the "confirm email address" when someone Registers for an event.  Please add this to the Sign Up Forms as well to help with bounce back emails .  

Thanks for posting!

Since it is possible for account owners to select topic tags instead of (or in addition to) mailing lists for email campaigns, customers should be able to self-select interests/tags in addition to (or instead of) mailing lists.

Occasional Contributor

To comply with CASL, we need an easy way to determine which contacts are located in Canada. As it stands, it takes me several hours to export a list of contacts and scour the data to try and figure out who may or may not be from Canada. 

The sign-up form does have the option of requiring an address (which included Country) from new enrollees.  But the majority of people are hesitiant to give their full physical address, especially when signing up for an e-newsletter.  

Can the tool be updated to allow me to require *Country* during sign-up, without requiring a complete physical address?  This would make it a very easy to then determine which contacts are affected by CASL.

Visitor
I don't like the text "Email Lists" on my signup form and wish I could change it. The purpose of this form is to sign up for seminars. Yes, I will email the attendee, but the text on the signup form is misleading for the purpose of the form I'm using it for.
Solution Provider

A coaching client of mine confided in me today, saying she feels she has resorted to using Leadpages ($400 per year) for her signup forms because CC's are so limiting in terms of customization. This was brought up as a pain point two years ago at ONECON. Is there a timeline in place for updating the signup forms so they are more customizable?

Visitor
I'm not happy that I can't move the "Name" field on top of the email. It looks wonky. Is there any work around that?
I wish there was a way to ADD A TEXT BOX to this. As an example, I'm asking clients to sign up for a free voicemail message and I need them to send me the copy for their script. There is no way to use the "send it form" for how I need it, so I'm forced to use the "contact me" page from my website. Bummer...I hope this idea helps other clients of yours in the future.

Thank you for the feedback @DavidB82768!

Regular Visitor
Please make a scrolling signup bar, than goes across the site and is sticky.

Visitor

I've also signed up for Leadpages because of CC's signup forms are limiting. I also notice there is an independant company who provide easier to use plugins just for CC but you have to pay for it.

Occasional Visitor

I really miss the ability to download embedded code after creating a sign-up form. I was able to change the labels for the email lists because I have to label them in the system different from how I want them to be presented to the public. Please give us back the ability to edit the labels plus it would be nice to be able to add custom CSS. I am currently using your In-line forms since the change-over.

I just commented the same thing. Please hear us. This is a massive step back for you as a company.

This stops designers being able to design freely and developers building it.

Please revert

I refer to sign-up forms; I think you call them inline forms that I can add to my website to get people to join my email list.  

1. When you no longer support a form, tell your clients.  I had to learn the hard way that you no longer support the form I was using.  My big promotion to get people to sign-up was a bust.

2. Make your new sign-up forms adjustable in size so that your clients don't have to completely re-design their website to accommodate your new form.  

Regular Visitor
Add large text area field option to add to inline forms. It's available on your wordpress plugin but not on the forms you create on your website.

By removing the option to use an embedded sign-up form on a website, you've also removed the web designers ability to customize the look of the form to fit in with the rest of the websites design. This is incredibly unfortunate and frustrating. Also, Constant Contact is now forcing their brand on the new sign-up forms unless folks upgrade to the Email Plus package, just so they can increase their profitability...really? 

I loved having the ability to customize the look of a form. But now that this feature is gone, it makes me incredibly disappointed in Constant Contact. Please bring this option back.

After seeing your impressive email templates, I thought there would be more options for signup forms. Seems very basic and doesn't match my blog, so I'm skipping it.
Regular Visitor

Hello,

It would be extremely useful to have more editing options for customizing Pop Up Forms including ability to insert small images(for making word art), addling links, and more font choices. 

Other than that,  it is a great feature!

Diane

All Star

I want to be able to control the order that my questions appear on a sign-up form, but I have not found anyway to do it.  It doesn't make sense to have them in random order and not grouped by topic.  

I agree with both comments. A simple embed code that allows adding placeholder text, changing or removing form labels, and is not changed by the mandatory universal script would sure be nice.  

Regular Visitor
please make the button on the sign up forms to have editable text. Please please please!
Established Member

Please have developers add in this option.

Occasional Contributor
It would be nice to have a few more options for the pop-up sign up forms. I have a book that I give away to people who sign up for my newsletter but I can't show-case that with the limited options available to me with the sign-up forms.
Occasional Contributor

I am a 16 year CC user but had bought into AWeber a decade ago JUST for their pop up sign up form. I was right on the verge of dropping CC and moving all to AWeber when CC came out with this new form...... which is GREAT. I have now dropped AWeber.

BUT............. it's a boring and extremely limited design on CC's part and I'd like to know what (if any) future upgrades are in the works. I will post two photos of an AWeber and a CC pop up sign up form. CC's is not even close to the visually appealing AWeber design. Just to get the text aligned center on CC's.... I had to use (.) periods and text spaces. Pretty sad and I almost still dropped CC in favor of AWeber. But, CC is where I want to be.

Thoughts and Ideas Please,

Peter

AW_CC.jpg

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @PeterH01,

Thank you for submitting this feedback! We don't quite have a time frame on when new additions will be added to the pop-up forms but I've passed this along to our engineers and we are always looking for ideas to implement and improve!

PLEEEEEASE give us access to the css so we can customize the website sign up form!

Fonts, sizes, box sizes, etc.   

Don't force us to use yet another 3rd party!

Solution Provider
We are a new user, and were shocked to learn that you don't offer drop down form fields for your sign up forms. Please expand the type of form fields we can include in lead forms. These fields are necessary to qualify contacts filling out our forms.
I wish that we could format the description on our Sign-up Forms. Seems strange that you don't give us that option. I would at least like to be able to break my text into 2 paragraphs - this is the first thing my subscribers see. I should be able to control it a little better.
Visitor
Not customizable enough. Why can I only align my copy to the left? Why can't I choose a font and size??
We would like to be able to change the order of fields requested in our sign-up form. For instance, we have a Middle Initial field that is important for us, but it is currently placed way below the other name fields. This makes little sense and may be annoying to the medical professionals whose interest we are soliciting.

Seconded. Having the same trouble here. Very disappointed there's no capability to rearrange form field order.

CTCT Employee

Hey @Michele-UVMCMIE and @StephenW498, thanks for the feedback! I can totally see how being able to reorder the fields in your signup form would be helpful and I've gone ahead and opened this idea up for voting. Make sure to "Kudo" this post if you agree with this idea! 

Thanks again for sharing this feedback!

All field forms are 'moveable'

Add a Text field or a Question Field

Label the field i.e. Middle Initial:

To the far right there is a column titled - Rearrange your selected fields (and sections):  

Find the Middle Initial:  

Using the icons to the right click on the Arrow Up or Arrow Down to move the  Middle Initial between First Name: and Last Name.

Done!