cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

You need to change your policy of allowing forwarded recipients to unsubscribe the original recipien

0 Votes

You need to change your policy of allowing forwarded recipients to unsubscribe the original recipien

I strongly urge you to change the ridiculous policy of allowing someone who receives a forwarded email from one of my members to be able to unsubscribe the original recipient. This makes no sense at all. A solution would be to send an email to the original recipient asking if they wanted to be unsubscribed. I know you can do this because you have the ability to block the email address of the original recipient. I only know this is happening when I myself am unsubscribed, but it has happened 3 times now. I urge you to protect Constant Contact's reputation by stopping this dumb policy that only gets your users frustrated.
3 Comments
Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback. We do require that you confirm the email address before clicking to optout to prevent this. 

Status changed to: Closed - No Action