cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant see removed by date

cant see removed by date

with the new formatting, I can't see when someone unsubscribes themselves. I can see when they were added, and updated, but not unsubscribed. this new formatting is more difficult to figure out.
141 Comments
Occasional Visitor
How do I get to the M's and W's without having to go through each page until I get there? ALSO why can't the list default to be in alphabetical order by last names?
Status changed to: New

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your feedback. In order to get an idea of how this feature would be helpful, can you tell me more about what you will do when you just look at the "M's" or "W's"? Is this how you typically segment your list or do you just do this in order to pick specific people?

Default-ing the sort is a great idea.Right now you would have to choose this setting each time from this menu.

6-21-2013 12-17-59 PM.jpg

Please continue to vote on this and other topics you would like to see implemented!

Thanks,

Hannah

Advisor
Hi Jane, Thank you for your feedback! I can definitely see the need for the Remove Date when looking at a contact. Generally, the last update date and time would be the date and time they unsubscribed, unless you manually made a change to that contact. Please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented!
All Star
It's a pain to go from page to page of contacts to see if they've been added or deleted. Would like to see all contacts on one screen (scrolling up and down) to perform an action. Also, can't get all contacts into alphabetical order

HI Emily, Thanks for your feedback. I can understand how seeing all of the contacts on one page would be helpful, that's great feedback. You can re-order the contacts using the sort options in the header if you would like. These will stick so when you come back into your account it will still be sorted.

8-27-2013 8-48-33 AM.jpg

Frequent Visitor
When I add a contact, it would be nice to add them to groups at the same time. And what happened to being able to click on the letter of the alphabet and it takes you to that group? It was so much easier!
Thanks for this feedback. Contacts will now show in alphabetical order and if you are looking for a specific contacts you can try out the search tool!
Valued Contributor

Hello,

In your new contact management system it is not possible to see the list of unsubscribed contacts in chronological order based on the unsubscribed date. 

It is not helpful to see in that section, the date in which the contact subscribed. 

Please be so kind to present the data by date in which the contact unsubscribed and that we can sort it chronologically,.

Thanks,

Lucia

Thanks for posting, Lucia!
All Star
So why on earth would I want to search by first name and not last? You rearranged my contacts in alpha order. If I wanted to do that I would have - I DO NOT want them in alpa order. How to enter is a new contact(s) is NOT clear at all.

HI Kathy,

I am very sorry to hear the updates aren't working for you. You can sort your contacts by first or last name using the options at the top of the menu.

9-16-2013 12-48-01 PM.jpg

How do you usually add new contacts to your account--one at a time, by a file, etc. I'm happy to help using whichever approach works for you! Thanks.

The last and first names should be listed separately. You put them together and put the first name first so when sorted alphabetically it sorts by first name. this does not make sense!

Occasional Contributor
I use to be able to weekly check to see who removed themselves from my newsletter and look at the reason they gave, so I could determine if changes needed to be made. Your change prevents me from being able to see who removed themselves the last week or so, and for what reason. Please put this back and quit breaking things whenever you get bored
Occasional Visitor
Dislike: Contact are now organized alphabetically by first name only, eliminating the ability to organize by last name, a functionality I used very frequently before these content management changes.
Frequent Visitor

The new layout for my contact list is awful, I can't find anyone without searching through the whole list (over 1700 contacts). The names aren't even in alphabetical order and the search box doesn't work either. Please can i have the old look back?

Joanne Smith

Occasional Contributor

why aren't last name in alpha order; we're seeing Anne Smith followed by Anne Jones

Occasional Contributor
I use to be able to within a couple of clicks see who unsubscribed in the last week. I could just click on unsubscribed, toggle the date field (which was date they unsubscribed - not date added to system). I could then click on that person and see the reason they unsubscribed. I can no longer do that. I was told I could export the list to excel and sort it that way - yippee skippee. So now you have managed to completely make this useless
CTCT Employee

Hi Stephen,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.  When you are in the contacts tab if you click on the header titled names you can select to sort by last name.  Please let me know if this solves your problem. 

I am dissapointed that you removed the sort by date with the removed contacts.  I keep a spread sheet of all of my contacts and this is how I manage the removes.  I think I am tired because this pisses me off!

Occasional Contributor

We need the dates of when a contact has opt out-Why did you remove the dates.

PUT IN THE DATES!  

HI Marie, It sounds like we might need to re-order your list. Is this while viewing all contacts or a specific list? Can you try clicking the header to re-order your list by last name? You also can set the order to be ascending or descending.

Thanks for your feedback on this!
Thanks for posting. You can reorder your email list by last name by clicking in the header on the word "Name". This setting will stick for you so next time you don't have to reorder the list.
CTCT Employee
I'm sorry that you don't like the new contacts layout. However, I did want to let you know that you can sort your contacts. You can view contacts sorted by Name (First or Last), Email, Company, City, State, Date Added or Source. To sort by a specific column, you can just click on the heading for that column. Search will currently only search by name or email address, but advanced search should be coming shortly. If there is anything else that you don't like, please let us know.
Occasional Visitor
what is this list and how was it created
All Star
How do you correct the emails received to be in actual time received, as they vary from 1:53pm, 11:57:00am, 7:07am, 11:18pm...
Occasional Contributor
When are you going to list dates when subscribers unsubscribe?
Occasional Visitor
I found the old format for viewing who has opened an email much better. It was already sorted or viewed in a list with the most recent open first and by time of open. right now I can not sort to see who opened resently without going through the whole list or exporting it.... very inefficient.
CTCT Employee
Thank you for posting your feedback. Would you be able to clarify which page you are looking when you see the time displayed like this?
CTCT Employee
Thank you for passing along your feedback.
All Star
I am trying to manage my Contacts. I just noticed that one has unsubscribed. WHEN did he do this? Where can I see the date that this was done? Robert B
Before the most recent change, we were able to see when contacts unsubscribed - by date. We would check weekly, and remove those unsubscribed addresses from ALL of our e-mail systems, not just the ones in Constant Contact. Now, we are unable to sort unsubscribed contacts by "date removed."
Occasional Contributor
I note that now all names will be alphabetical by first name. Is there any way I can add names so that the first and last name are separate categories as they were before? There were separate "boxes" for first and last names. How does it distinguish this now?
date unsubscribed should be a sort option in the unsubscribed list
Occasional Visitor
Please provide ability to create an excel report of unsubscribe data and provide the ability to select specific fields. thanks
Regular Visitor
When exporting the Unsubscribed list it doesn't tell you when the email was removed and if the email was removed by the site owner or subscriber. This was something that used to be included and I would like to see it come back.

Hi Deb,

I am sorry for the frustration. You can sort your lists by last name if you would like. Although the names show together they are entered in two different fields. Can you try sorting using the header options in your list?

Sort By Name.jpg

Just so you know, when you update these settings they will stick so you don't have to change them every time.

CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback. Please vote for this idea if you agree.
Frequent Visitor
The forms for adding contacts are unwieldy. Too time-consuming. And the system responsiveness is slow. Often when I hit Save the new info is not saved. The first few times I was surprised later by information not being there; after I realized what was happening, I now carefully wait to see that the info has been saved before proceeding. Very annoying! Also, all the customized fields we have should be visible without our having to hit Add. Also, some fields are filled with date/time stamps, not with information we entered.
Frequent Visitor
It would be nice to have the date that an email unscubscribes. We track that information and the date that a company unsubscribes is important to us. You used to have that available. Looking at the list as it is now it is difficult to discern when a company removed itself.
Occasional Participant
Unsubscribes don't get a date they unsubscribed.
Fields need to be added to see when and how a recipient was removed. Having to export the report is more complicated than the original system.
Occasional Visitor
IN my report on bounced emails I have a record 77 according to this report but you only show me 2. So...which is it? 77 or 2? Why did you change the way this was done...it was so very easy to see and manage the other way. Very unhappy with this.
Since my previous comment was not acknowledged, I'll tell you again, how disappointed I am in the fact that you removed the opt-out date field for contacts. I have tried to go back and do a review to see how many of my clients vs non-client subscribers have opted out and when and I have no way of accessing that information. We have been a customer of yours since 2004, and now nearly 10 years of information is gone.
Occasional Contributor
It would be nice to have the date that each contact unsubscribed, if possible.
Occasional Contributor
Where is the ability to see all my unsubscribes after an email blast BY DATE ???????? C'mon guys. Why did you remove so many functions that were valuable?? What the hell? Please give us an option to sort/view unsubscribes by DATE !!!! Please!
Occasional Contributor
Dear CC, You have removed my ability to see who unsubscribed a contact, from the Unsubscribes. I used to be able to see if I did it myself, or if a contact did it themselves. Why did you take away this functionality? Please put it back! Thank you!
Frequent Visitor
the new contact export for unsubscribes - how come there is no longer a column "Do Not Mail List Date"? this is a problem because I need to sort by when they were removed please pass it along....you guys really messed up with the last couple changes..
Frequent Visitor
When looking at a specific contact who has unsubscribed from e-mailings, it would be great to be able to see the date that the unsubscribe was requested.
I hate it!!!!!! I can't see my whole list of lists!