cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleted contacts

deleted contacts

Please add date deleted as a choice to the deleted contacts page so that list can be sorted by most recent people who are no longer on list
101 Comments

**Removed By Moderator** is very annoyed by this also. She deletes contacts from a list on a regular basis. It then deletes off all lists. 

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, we are looking to make updates to this functionality in the near future.

Occasional Participant

I also miss the little button to remove form "just this list", THe work around suggested is annoying.

All Star
I could be wrong, but now it seems like I can't remove contacts only from a specific list. When I tried I could only remove contacts from ALL lists. That's really not a good feature as I often need to remove contacts from certain lists, but don't want to take them out of all instances.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your post. You can remove a contact (or contacts) from just one list now if you would like. To do this view your contacts in a list and check off the contacts you would like to remove from a specific list. All you will need to do is click the "Add to Lists" button and un-check the list the contact is in that you want to remove them from.

add to lists.jpg

Hope this helps!

All Star
A support tech suggested I post this comment here: The delete option for contacts really should give the choice to delete from just the list in question or from all lists like it did in the past. Right now, it only allows deleting from all lists and that's REALLY not good. I know that I can select the contacts, click on the "Add to Email Lists" button and from there I can check and uncheck the various list boxes. However, that is very counter-intuitive. It should be like it was in the past where you could choose what kind of delete you wanted. It makes no sense the way it is at present.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your feedback on this process. Please continue to vote on this and other ideas you would like to see changed in the future. 

Valued Contributor

I also have a very dynamic list system whereby I move contacts from one list to another.  One of the resasons for this is that we only have one autoresponder system with up to 10 emails.  So I have to create emails and lists that match.  I have, therefore, to remove the contacts that have received the email, and add the new ones. 

You have a great team of competent people who can simply give us back the previous system that works perfectly. 

You could perhaps, add some little features for improvement - as you usually do - instead of doing something so drastic that prevents us from working smoothly.

Please listen to us, as you usually do.

Hi Lucia,

Thanks for your feedback. The new process of moving contacts between lists is different but has been made simple! All you have to do is select the contact (or contacts) in the list by checking the box next to their name and then clicking the "Add to Lists" button. Once you have clicked this button the overlay window will appear and show you which lists these contacts are currently in. This will be indicated by a checkmark. If the list is not checked than none of the contacts you have selected are in that list. If the list box has a line through it then some of the contacts you have selected are in that list. Just check or uncheck any lists you want to add or remove contacts from. 

removalbounce list.jpg