cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

deleted contacts

deleted contacts

Please add date deleted as a choice to the deleted contacts page so that list can be sorted by most recent people who are no longer on list
90 Comments

I am sorry to hear of this frustration. We havent heard of any lists getting mixed up in the update, are you seeing them in a different order? If so, this is something we are working on changing based on feedback but lists will show in alphabetcial order. 

You can add or remove contacts from any list as you need to. Are you seeing an error when you try to do this?

Occasional Contributor
I'm not sure why this feature was removed, but it was a very important part of how we used constant contact to manage lists. In an effort to not send our patrons needless emails we prefer to remove patrons from a list when they have already acted on a previous email, such as a donation appeal. Please return the feature ASAP.

Thanks for posting. Do you unsubscribe these contacts or just delete them from the account?

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
I'm sorry you were having this issue, Are you still experiencing this, or has it been resolved? Please let us know.
Frequent Visitor
Delete unsubscribed???????
Visitor
Please go back to the old way of adding and removing contacts. The current way is NOT user friendly and cumbersome. Clicking ADD/EDIT lists does not feel affective. This video is short and sweet but still not user friendly. screencast.com/t/282dGcmr3iO5
I just added an email address. It only took 3 days and over 6 tries.
Occasional Visitor
Having not used the program for 6 months, and now starting up again, I had big trouble adding new contacts to my existing lists. They ended up mixed with all the old ones. I called and received help. I would like to suggest that the different lists created comes up automatically when you click continue after you add. I didn't realize I had to click on the big blue + to see them. Since I had already opened the right list, I thought they would be added there if I clicked on the bottom line that says: "I'm updating existing contact.... " the rest of the wording is hidden behind this box. Please make things easy for us. Thanks.
You should have sent clear explanation of new terminology and procedures to all CC members regarding adding and removing contacts!
Occasional Visitor
There was a function before alloweding to exclude a file of customers from 1 list. Can't find it anymore
Visitor
Is there no other option anymore to remove contacts (instead of deleting them completely) in case we want to re-add them?
All Star
I had to remove 931 dud contacts. And instead of pasting in the list I had to do it manually, taking a total of four hours instead of four minutes. This is completely absurd. Fix it. Now.
CTCT Employee
We previously added a more explicit option to remove contacts from an email list. View the list from which you want to remove contacts, then check the contacts that you no longer want on that list. Under the More Options button, choose Remove from List.
The new process for adding contacts is not user intuitive. After typing in multiple email addresses and clicking 'continue" a dialog pops up that says "I have permission to email these contacts." This was checked so I clicked Import....but never realized that was the point at which I was supposed to select from my contact lists. The field with the + sign was only noticed after calling customer service. The + sign is not a 'familiar' term for computer users. A drop down sign would be more recognizable, then I would have clicked the drop down arrow to see what choices were offered.
Visitor
I go down the list, check mark the contact and then have to scroll back up to the drop down to hit delete. I'm never sure I'm deleting the correct contact because it is now out of view.
Occasional Contributor
i am very disappointed that i can no longer see my removals as i used to. why would you eliminate such a helpful feature?
Occasional Visitor
I run events where I sell tickets. I used to easily have the ability to remove large lists of those who have already purchased tickets and this is why I like Constant Contact. If you don't being back this function I'll need to find another company.
Occasional Visitor
there used to be a feature where you could choose a list and remove certain emails. the new view - is not functional for business at all. I do not understand the geriatric font and view - we now have to scroll the entire page for 4 contact views? it is a waste of space and not functional when you have to scroll pages upon pages to go through names. the options we used to have were readily available now it is like a puzzle and you have to click and dig to find them. We now have to manually remove contacts instead of having the ability to upload a file to remove them. why was this feature removed?
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion.  We do still have a way that you can upload a list of contacts and remove them, please Click Here to learn more. Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have any more details or more feedback to give us!

CTCT Employee

Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that you can still remove emails from a list in your account. Here are some instructions for what you will see and how you can do that: Remove Contacts from email lists

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help with this process!

Occasional Visitor
I did like the new way to manege the lists...I used to clean my lists using the tool one list minus other
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. Please continue to vote on the changes you would like to see made in the system. And as always, don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

All Star
i am combing through 2500 contacts to find "non-openers". It is taking hours. i have to go to each one individually to see if/when they open. then re-load to go back to the main list, find my place and go to the next. each one takes several minutes. this is too cumbersome. i'm paying a lot of money for useless contacts and it needs to be quicker to find and delete them.
CTCT Employee

Hi Earl,

I'm sorry you had trouble finding that. Here's the FAQ for Deleting Lists. The FAQ does have steps for both Previous and Improved tool. Thanks!

Occasional Contributor
As with most of your recent changes, the revisions to the process and options for removing contacts are poorly designed and just plain stupid. CC keeps getting WORSE. I used o ave the option to remove or add to do not mail .. now I can only delete .. so I don't have the option to temporarily move someone off then add them back. Plus I can't find the list of removed contacts anymore. New PROGRAMMERS are ruining what used to be a useful tool.
CTCT Employee

Hi Chris,

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. We will continue to look at the process of deleting and moving contacts to unsubscribed status. In the mean time, there is a way to place a contact on a "temporary hold".

Here is an FAQ that will walk you through that: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5333-unsubscribe-a-contact-or-chang...

In the mean time, please continue to vote for the changes that you want to see made inside of the account. And also don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

CTCT Employee
I'm so sorry you had difficulties adding contacts. Please make sure you are selecting the list to add them to in the "Add to List" section. This way they are saved to the list and not to the "All" list. Thanks for your feedback Patrick.
Occasional Contributor
Need to be able to add a bunch of lists together then say this list or two remove from the mailing
Occasional Visitor
Im very disappointed in what you consider upgrades to the contacts. For me now to NOT be able to delete a list from a list... meaning to create a subset list i have to do it by hand... this i a major step backwards and i think i have to rethink my memebership with CC ian
CTCT Employee
Tom, we're still working on implementing this! I just wanted to let you know that it is coming and see if you had any additional ideas about how it should work or look like. Please don't hesitate to let us know at 855-229-5506 when you're ready. Thanks again for the feedback, we really appreicate it!
CTCT Employee

Hi Ian,

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion.We will take a closer looka t that this process inside of the account, and see waht adjustments can be made. In the eman time, I do think that you would be able to accomplish what tyou are needing done, by using Tags in the account to create specific groups. Here is an FAQ that will walk you through how to create and tag your contacts: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5324-create-or-delete-a-tag

Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

CTCT Employee
Thanks for your feedback Helen. We really appreciate it and will look into improving this process for you.
CTCT Employee

Hi Fabia,

My name is Anna and I will be happy to help you with this question. You are referring to the Remove Contacts option we had in the old tool. While that button is no longer available. We do have a way to do this in the new tool still. Here are the steps for your reference: Remove a File of Contacts. In that FAQ please follow the steps under "Improved Contacts Page."

Hope this helps. Thanks Fabia!

Anna

Social Support and Community

CTCT Employee
Thanks for your feedback Shirley. Contacts are now deleted from the account and not longer saved to a "Removed List." Please continue voting for this if you want to this feature added back and other features you want to see. We really value your opinions and suggestions! Thanks again!

This idea has been implemented. If you have more feedback on this idea please start a new thread.

New Idea.jpg

All Star
I am editing a large contact list. When I edit a contact, I cannot easily go back to where I left off. I have to start at the beginning of the list and page forward to where I left off. I am using the back arrow to get back.
Occasional Visitor
I was in contacts and trying to delete someone from my list and there is no easy delete button. I had to call constant contact and speak with a representative to figure out how to do it. The 'more action' option does not really stand out as the way to do it. I think something should be in plain view like 'Edit' account so it is easily understood.
Occasional Visitor
It's absolutely ridiculous that there is now a completely different action required to remove contacts. Prior, the same copy and paste was utilized for both adding and removing contacts. In fact, the same method is still utilized for adding contacts but now it is not the same method for removing. It's more difficult and requires completely different action. This now requires me to create an entirely different method / file on my end. Changing my systems and the way I work. Doesn't it make sense to continue to allow your customers the same options and choices as you do with the addition of contacts? Customer Service is lacking here... NOT HAPPY
Status changed to: Voting Open

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hello @TraceyAbbeyT,

Thank you for this feedback, I've gone ahead and passed this along for voting!