cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclude tags when sending

exclude tags when sending

I see that we can limit the people on a list who receive an email by picking specific tags to send to. But is there going to be the ability to exclude tags? meaning ' i want to send to everyone on this list EXCEPT the 'platinum donors' tag' for instance
75 Comments
Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee
Thanks for your feedback! This is a popular request. I will move your vote together with others who are requesting this so you can see any updates to this feature. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more details or feedback to give us!

Occasional Visitor
It would be nice to be able to select tags that can be excluded as well as included.

I would like to exclude using tags as well.

Occasional Contributor
It would be helpful to be able to create particular Tags that allow us to *exclude* people from particular emailings. For example, when creating fundraising emails to send to everyone on General Interest list, but there are a few who don't want that type of email but DO want other General Interest emails. If we could select include this list, but *exclude* people with this Tag, that would be fabulous because that Tag could be used when creating any fundraising emails, regardless of which lists we use or create.

It would be great if you could EXCLUDE by tag (instead of just including individuals with a certain tag). For example, our Board Members are registered (self-selected) to a number of our email lists. We'd like to exclude them from any fund-raising emails, however - which we send to all of our email lists. Currently, we have to combine all of our email lists into a new list and remove each member individually. If we could just exclude anyone tagged as "Board" from fund-raising emails, it would save us a lot of time!

All Star
I need to be able to select "not" and list a tag when sending to a list. Without this feature you have to jump through hoops of making new lists to accommodate exclusions. It would also be helpful to be able to expand a list the way you can in outlook groups and then remove one member. Please let me know if this is a project that is already being worked on and how long until you can solve this.
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the new Contacts tools. We have let our engineers know about customer requests for excluding tags when scheduling emails.  Stay tuned for updates to this feature!  Please continue to share your ideas and vote for other ideas you would like to see developed. 

Our support team is available at 866-289-2101. Constant Contact’s Phone Support is available Monday – Thursday: 7a.m. – 11p.m. ET, Friday: 7a.m. – 9p.m. ET and Saturday – Sunday: 10a.m. – 8p.m. ET.

Use Live Chat or other Support options by visiting: https://ui.constantcontact.com/support/index.jsp