cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclude tags when sending

exclude tags when sending

I see that we can limit the people on a list who receive an email by picking specific tags to send to. But is there going to be the ability to exclude tags? meaning ' i want to send to everyone on this list EXCEPT the 'platinum donors' tag' for instance
75 Comments
Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great idea. We currently just have the option to send to the tag but I can def see the use for send to everyone BUT the tag. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
All Star
If you have one tag it's no big deal, but if you have many like I do it would help to see multiple tags in an alphabetic order.
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback on this topic. This is something that we are currently looking into making a change to. Please stay tuned for updates on this! Please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Solution Provider
Allow a feature to auto-update a tag with raw subscriber data. For example, suppose there is a field whereby the subscriber picks beginner or expert. They should automatically be tagged with this value. So, now emails can be segmented by expert and beginner, without manually data entry.
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion. Is this something you would like to see instead of having custom fields? Or do you mean using the custom field that you create to automatically create a tag?
Frequent Visitor
I'd really like to be able to create and send emails based on tags. Even better, groups of people based on MULTIPLE tags. For instance, I'd like to send an email to all "male" clients and then another email to all "male" clients who live in "Oregon".
Thanks for this feedback. I am not sure how you have this set up but couldn't you mail to the list and JUST the tag called "Oregon" to send to these contacts.
All Star
Tags seem to have a lot of potential for helping us fine tune our lists. I love that I can narrow my list down, but it would be nice to expand that. For example, it would be nice to be able to send to contacts who have one tag but exclude those who also have another tag (in addition to the first one) -- so, email to contacts with atag but not btag. It would also be helpful if you had the option to select an and/or -- e.g., only email to contact with atag AND btag OR email to all contacts with atag or btag. There have been made times that I wished I could exclude someone from a list, and it feels like tags have the potential to make that happen. Though I have to admit that I don't want to have a million different tags to fine tune my list, which is why this extra functionality would help a lot.
Thanks for sharing this feedback. Excluding tags is something we are looking into and this is great for us to understand WHY this is wanted. We appreciate the detail! Stay tuned for updates moving forward and please keep sharing your ideas.
Visitor
Updating lists with new tags is difficult as ticking the box only works for 1 page at a time. At the end of each page, you need to save or else you lose all ticks done to the existing list.